[1.2.1] Taurus HCV - 3.75 m CSM System [v1.5.3 - July 1, 2014]

bsquiklehausen

ModuleRCS does not support that. It uses part origin rather than nozzle origin as the place to apply force (and detect the lever arm of the force) so...they'd fire in the wrong directions and not apply rotation.

Both the B9 S2 command pod and the LazTek dragon have built-in RCS which works.

The COM is dead center. If you're referring to issues with torquing during reentry when using FAR, that's due to an issue where FAR uses the collision box for the ladders and the hatch in its calculation of the capsule's shape and throws it off center. I made an attempt to fix that with the newest release, but it likely won't be completely solved until the next release of FAR.

Let me clear up a misunderstanding here. I told Prowler_x1 that the Taurus capsule needed the CoM to be tweaked for RSS so that you can have some atmospheric control on re-entry. For example, in Realism Overhaul, the Mk1-2 capsule's COM is shifted intentionally off-center so that by rolling the pod, you can adjust lift direction.

Nothing for you to worry about though, I just mentioned it as something to do if someone wants to do an RO config for it.

Edited by BahamutoD

Want me to make service parts? lol :P

That would be amazing. However, there are a few more components that we're going to add (lander pancake) that will need to fit inside whatever sort of protective shell you make, so it might be better to hold off on that for a while.

If you decide to make them, contact me and I'll send you the raw model files.

Hotfix v1.0.1:

Noticed that if ModuleManager was installed but RPM wasn't, ModuleManager would try to load the RPM interior, fail, and then show no props. Moved the taurus_patch.cfg outside of the GameData folder. If you want RPM props, you now have to manually drag that into place.

v 1.0.1 (4/20/14)
-Hotfix: moved the ModuleManager config file out of the folder to prevent issues where ModuleManager would try to load the RPM internal but fail if RPM wasn't installed. You
now have to manually add the patch file if you want the RPM props

That would be amazing. However, there are a few more components that we're going to add (lander pancake) that will need to fit inside whatever sort of protective shell you make, so it might be better to hold off on that for a while.

If you decide to make them, contact me and I'll send you the raw model files.

What size is that?

Looks awesome. Can't wait for a heat shield. I've been using the DR 3.75m heat shield but there's some ugly part clipping and the 4m decoupler leaves an ugly little gap around the rim of the pod.

The IVA with RPM is glorious. Spectacular work.

Is there a way to shut off the cabin lights?

Not as far as I know; the internal lights are built into the model instead of being separate parts you can control like external lights.

However, if someone has figured out how to do this, I can implement it.

Not as far as I know; the internal lights are built into the model instead of being separate parts you can control like external lights.

However, if someone has figured out how to do this, I can implement it.

Ask alexustas from the ALCOR pod - that has toggleable internal lights (that even show through the windows on the latest update).

You might want to make it more clear exactly where that taurus-patch.cfg is supposed to go, or if it needs to be renamed to anything special.

Great pod though, I've been waiting eagerly for the Internals :D.

You might want to make it more clear exactly where that taurus-patch.cfg is supposed to go, or if it needs to be renamed to anything special.

Great pod though, I've been waiting eagerly for the Internals :D.

The directions are more specific in readme.txt. And, due to it being a ModuleManager script, it can go pretty much anywhere in GameData and still work

The directions are more specific in readme.txt. And, due to it being a ModuleManager script, it can go pretty much anywhere in GameData and still work

Ah yes, I see now. Thanks!