[1.1.2]Kerbal Stock Launcher Overhaul (6/6/16 More parts and improvements)

blackheart612

Not a fair comparison:

You can see that a good chunk of that space is actually the Delta Cryogenic Upper Stage, and not payload fairing.

Yeah, true. For some reason I thought there was an additional stage in blackheart's photos too but I realize that he had fairing sep at the same time as staging to the upper stage.

Either way, I always thought the Delta III upper stage/fairing always looked comically oversized (to use Deathsoul's turn of phrase) but still looked brutish and awesome. I mean, NINE solids. The thing was a beast.

These look really nice, might try to stuff these into my mod-packed KSP folder.

I hope you find it good when you get your hands on it :P

Not a fair comparison:

http://www.astronautix.com/graphics/d/delta3dg.jpg

You can see that a good chunk of that space is actually the Delta Cryogenic Upper Stage, and not payload fairing.

Yeah, true. For some reason I thought there was an additional stage in blackheart's photos too but I realize that he had fairing sep at the same time as staging to the upper stage.

Either way, I always thought the Delta III upper stage/fairing always looked comically oversized (to use Deathsoul's turn of phrase) but still looked brutish and awesome. I mean, NINE solids. The thing was a beast.

Who said you can't add an upper stage inside that fairing? hahaha

Indeed - I use a stock Delta-like for most of my day-to-day lifter needs in KSP. When the job calls for more power, I now utilize an SLS Block II lifter made with the new parts.

Except if I can make it look like Ariane I by adding a 3m bottom as an alternative, so this launcher can be modular.

I'll put some more plans here before I forget:

Custom Radial Decoupler

Custom Strut

And look, I already forgot the other.

Gee you're productive, do you sleep at all? Constantly churning out such awesome parts and textures :confused:

Keep it up!

I slept for nine hours last night. A good long one, so yeah, I sleep. Though, the stowage container is hard. I wonder how you guys do it :confused:

I like the look of the Delta II more than the Delta III. The Delta two is skinny wall the way up to the payload where is bulges out for the payload. As for the D III, it looks like a reverse rocket lol. And how can that tiny stage lift that giant stage when the SRBs are gone?

And how can that tiny stage lift that giant stage when the SRBs are gone?

With little air drag due to the altitude at which you jettison the three air-started SRBs. Plus, you've gone through a good chunk of your fuel supply by that point, so your first stage TWR is fairly high.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.