[1.1.2] KSPRC - Renaissance Compilation: artworks remake [V-0.7 Pre Release 3]

Proot

Thanks for the tip, but i might have went alittle over board with the mods and now x64 is the only way ksp runs for me, is there nothing for me to do but get rid of some?

What the hack, no...

Enable openGL, use ATM but not the 64 bit version on windows

• 2 weeks later...

Hello. I'm sure this problem has been submitted and solved in the past 100 pages but ... heh.

I tried loading ksp several times with this mod installed over texture replacer, environmental visual enhancements ,and planet shine and it crashed every time.

I merged into my GameData folder only the BoulderCo, EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements, PlanetShine, and TextureReplacer folders, and the sharedassets9 file into the KSP_data folder.

Any idea how to solve this problem ?

Thank you in advance.

This is an absolutely fantastic package that I can't do without anymore. In fact its been that way for like a year now.

One comment though. Do you think you maybe went a little over the top on the solar lens flares in this last release? And why are they octagonal instead of round??

Thanks and keep up the good work!

And why are they octagonal instead of round??

The aperture on old television and movie camera lenses frequently had 8 bladed diaphragm, making any lens flare look octogonal.

Nowadays most lens makers are using curved blades and/or more blades to the aperture diaphragm (and some old russian photo lenses which had fantastic stuff there) so this look is dated, but that's most of what of us aged 30+ have been exposed to :)

Very interesting, I had no idea. Thanks!

It brings up an interesting question though. Should the camera be based on what the human (or Kerbin) eye would see, or the lens of a camera?

LOL, let's not make this too complicated. The lens flare looks awesome as it is. Interesting discussion, though.

Do you think it would be possible to get KSPRC to work with 64k (the mod that makes the Kerbol system 6.4x smaller than the Sol system), and if so, what actions would need to be taken?

It's absolutely possible. I'm playing around with adapting EVE 7.4 cloud settings to better match both RSS Jumbo 3.2x and RSS. However it's alot of work when you don't really know what the shader values correspond to. Documentation on that seems to be lacking sadly.

Anyway. For clouds you're gonne have to adjust altitudes to minimize z-fighting. You also want to adjust the shader values, to extend the shaders to the horizon in scaled space for example. And you have to do that for all planets if you want it to look good.

I'm not going to do it for you though :) But if you have time and are interested, now you know what to work with. Another advice is to also download both Astronomers pack and Better Atmospheres and take a look in their cloud configs to learn from them, plus you can pick and choose textures from all three and build your own "best of" pack.

Edit: If anyone here knows more about how the values under shader_floats and scaled_shader_floats work I'd be happy to have all six of them explained.

Edited by ThorBeorn

It's absolutely possible. I'm playing around with adapting EVE 7.4 cloud settings to better match both RSS Jumbo 3.2x and RSS. However it's alot of work when you don't really know what the shader values correspond to. Documentation on that seems to be lacking sadly.

Anyway. For clouds you're gonne have to adjust altitudes to minimize z-fighting. You also want to adjust the shader values, to extend the shaders to the horizon in scaled space for example. And you have to do that for all planets if you want it to look good.

I'm not going to do it for you though :) But if you have time and are interested, now you know what to work with. Another advice is to also download both Astronomers pack and Better Atmospheres and take a look in their cloud configs to learn from them, plus you can pick and choose textures from all three and build your own "best of" pack.

Edit: If anyone here knows more about how the values under shader_floats and scaled_shader_floats work I'd be happy to have all six of them explained.

You will also have to adjust the speed of the clouds, otherwise they will be realy fast.

Okay I'll look into these things. Thanks guys :P

I have a two fold question. ONE: I see that this mod is using outdated plugins of other mods. Would it be safe to install the updated versions and if so, how should i go about it (the config files and all that jazz). TWO: I'm kinda on a crusade to get this to work with Outer Planets Mod and Trans Keptunian. If this is possible what order should i do it in and what files should i overwrite.

Excuse my absence, people. IRL problems... :blush:

But I'm back now and I have tons of new things to release!

Unfortunately Rbray89 is not back ("yet", I wish), so the update to the new EVE system will be impossible for now.

(If you don't know about it you can see this http://imgur.com/a/NXCuk or this http://imgur.com/a/wff3f or this http://imgur.com/a/6X04q )

I'm gonna try this new mod http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/115408-WIP-Scatterer-atmospheric-scattering-mod to get similar effects to my last configs of WIP EVE, but we will to wait to get the advanced features of the new EVE.

That means "like a sir common enterprises" will be delayed until the WIP EVE features become completed.

Buuuut... in the other hand, less the buildings and some other things, I've revamped close to all textures. (so hope you like it...)

Stay alert, new version very soon.

Sounds good Proot good to see ya. Hopefully Rbray was taken in by Squad. At this point it's the only thing I can think of. Dude went from being an avid poster to nothing. Not even a status post. So I got a feeling somethings up.

Thanks!

About Rbray89, I hope so too. There is a lot of very capable people in this forums (like him, shaw, Nathan and many, many others) and they deserve it. They have made this game more accurate, beauty and fun... and if Squad are intelligent and they have the opportunity, they should try to turn stock all that good ideas and features.

I have my fingers crossed to have beauty (and clouded) atmos in 1.0... :)

Edited by Proot

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.