• Asteroidal Resources
    • Asteroid Utilities
    • Asteroid Repurpose Systems
    • Asteroid Recycling Technologies
    • Asteroid Harvesting Tools
    • Asteroid Utilization Pack
    • Mineable Asteroids
    • Asteroid Kerbalization System

Can you please include a license? Will want to include these in their respective mods or mix in with some others folks are making

Thanks

That's the working DLL ;) It does more than asteroids so there will be some refactoring pre-launch

Ahh. I see it now, its just that the github don't contain the same files as the dropbox zip.

See now that it is just the source for the dynamicstanks.dll file. Though the files there is still older than the dynamictanks.dll file in the zip is :)

I guess the dropbox is the main release source for your mods?

Ahh. I see it now, its just that the github don't contain the same files as the dropbox zip.

See now that it is just the source for the dynamicstanks.dll file. Though the files there is still older than the dynamictanks.dll file in the zip is :)

I guess the dropbox is the main release source for your mods?

Normally it's both, but this guy is a WIP

Wow, I was literally almost done with a kethane alternative that added asteroids that would spawn with various resources in them, when I stumbled upon this and karbonite. Amazing work! :D (+2 new mods for me)

Did you change the name from Hollow Asteroids? Not trying to be "stupid," I just haven't been following the mod much. I just had a download of Hollow Asteroids sitting around and was looking for an update. :)

Did you change the name from Hollow Asteroids? Not trying to be "stupid," I just haven't been following the mod much. I just had a download of Hollow Asteroids sitting around and was looking for an update. :)

We're going to put a poll up shortly for a final name, since the mod became a little bit more than putting holes in rocks :)

Just started testing... the probe's icon in the VAB, when you hover over it, expands to super huge for some reason. Really quite interesting.
Whoops - missed that one, will have a fix tonight. Still works tho :)

Got the same bug (still works) and can't see any update posted.

Is it pending a larger update?

Also looking forward to updates :)

During testing the most annoying thing so far has been the converters looking for tanks to dump things into in the same stack. This makes things like docking vessels and converting into their tanks sort of hard to do. It took me about four tries to get a craft capable of converting to everything within itself :D

Also looking forward to updates :)

During testing the most annoying thing so far has been the converters looking for tanks to dump things into in the same stack. This makes things like docking vessels and converting into their tanks sort of hard to do. It took me about four tries to get a craft capable of converting to everything within itself :D

Fair enough - by default that will be a KSP limitation, though some creative coding could help with that.

Is there any way in this mod you can mine asteroids for money? I am trying to convert to "ore" which I assume is part of this mod and sell it for profit but I can't even seem to convert to ore due to lack on information on this mod. I am digging the storing fuel aspect though.

Is there any way in this mod you can mine asteroids for money? I am trying to convert to "ore" which I assume is part of this mod and sell it for profit but I can't even seem to convert to ore due to lack on information on this mod. I am digging the storing fuel aspect though.

No practical experience here (Didn't get there yet in my career mode), but theoretically you should be able to convert it to ore via:

1) Use the probe drill on the asteroid to get the frozenrock, commonrock and enrichedrock ratios.

2) Use the jaw to mine the asteroid so you get access to these resources.

3) Use one of the refineries to convert to your desired resource.

Ah cheers, I completely misunderstood the system and your comment together with the video I found on page 12 helped me out.

edit: still not working for me when I click convert ore giving message "[Exception]: ArgumentNullException: Argument cannot be null.

Parameter name: source"

At least I can mine Karbonite.

Edited by iTiamo

Hi Roverdude,

Been having lots of fun playing with this mod! But ran into a couple problems last night :(

Firstly, I couldn't seem to get the mass driver to work. I have a craft with a Jaw attached to an asteroid, and I'm able to start hollowing out the asteroid. The craft has some rock dust tanks on it and some mass drivers. However, the rock dust tanks never fill up and I can't seem to transfer rock dust from the asteroid to the tank. The resource in the asteroid is "Rock" but the tanks expect "RockDust". What am I doing wrong?

After that, I had a weeeird game-breaking bug that may or may not be related to this mod. I tried to fire up my main rocket engines but they didnt seem to have any effect. Then I timewarped a bit and realized - I was "stuck" in space, not moving around my orbit trajectory! My position relative to the sun remains exactly the same no matter what I do or how much I timewarp. The entire Kerbin system still revolves around Kerbol but my ship is stuck in the exact same spot in its orbit. Then I quit the game and reloaded from scratch, but now every time I try to switch to that ship the entire game crashes. I stupidly forgot to e-mail myself the output_log from the crash, so I'll post that later tonight when I'm back on my other computer. But have you ever seen an issue like this, any idea if it's related to AR?

Thanks!

Dan

edit: just saw your post awhile back that says " The Karbonite converter can also convert plain rock into rock dust." Does this mean I need a Karbonite converter on my craft for the mass driver to work? IMHO the Jaw laser should just be creating rock dust rather than having an intermediate Rock resource, what's the real-life analog for converting Rock to RockDust? Isn't it already pretty much dust, since its been vaporized?

Edited by dandelany

Hi Roverdude,

Been having lots of fun playing with this mod! But ran into a couple problems last night :(

Firstly, I couldn't seem to get the mass driver to work. I have a craft with a Jaw attached to an asteroid, and I'm able to start hollowing out the asteroid. The craft has some rock dust tanks on it and some mass drivers. However, the rock dust tanks never fill up and I can't seem to transfer rock dust from the asteroid to the tank. The resource in the asteroid is "Rock" but the tanks expect "RockDust". What am I doing wrong?

After that, I had a weeeird game-breaking bug that may or may not be related to this mod. I tried to fire up my main rocket engines but they didnt seem to have any effect. Then I timewarped a bit and realized - I was "stuck" in space, not moving around my orbit trajectory! My position relative to the sun remains exactly the same no matter what I do or how much I timewarp. The entire Kerbin system still revolves around Kerbol but my ship is stuck in the exact same spot in its orbit. Then I quit the game and reloaded from scratch, but now every time I try to switch to that ship the entire game crashes. I stupidly forgot to e-mail myself the output_log from the crash, so I'll post that later tonight when I'm back on my other computer. But have you ever seen an issue like this, any idea if it's related to AR?

Thanks!

Dan

edit: just saw your post awhile back that says " The Karbonite converter can also convert plain rock into rock dust." Does this mean I need a Karbonite converter on my craft for the mass driver to work? IMHO the Jaw laser should just be creating rock dust rather than having an intermediate Rock resource, what's the real-life analog for converting Rock to RockDust? Isn't it already pretty much dust, since its been vaporized?

Your edit is correct - this is being moved around a bit (talking with WaRi on this). Bear in mind this is still a pre-release :) Everything is subject to change, and if you are on a dev version, things may break for release.

I did finally catch a D-Class and was able to move it into a stable big orbit to mine it out for pressures ore and to deliver it to my Orbital Shipyard, wahahahah! But... one weird bug occured for me. I am not sure if it´s related to your mod or if it´s just simple a space kraken. After a quicksave and a reload, the attached ship with your yaw expierenced phantomforce. If i accelerated the time up, the ship was instantly vaporized, even when it was docked to the asteroid. The asteroid just moved "Through" the ship like it would accelerate. And if i undocked, the ship begann to spin like it was hit by a train. Convertion of rock had allready started at this moment. So... any other of the modules worked great so far. The only thing sucks... the converter needs names! the Symbol are nice but half the time i put the wrong convertes on my ships :P

But so far no crashbug or else.. just space krakens :P

Oh yeah and of course the probe bug that growths in size in VAB, but that are you aware of if i saw correctly

Edited by Ferigad

Dont know if this has already been addressed, didnt see it mentioned in the last couple pages.

When I went to test all the parts to make sure it was working properly I couldnt bring up the info box for the asteroid probe, instead the picture in VAB's parts tab would just expand through all the other part pictures, then keep expanding until it was gone off the screen entirely. That being said, there was no crash, I was able to grab the part and place it just fine, it was just a bit irritating not being able to check out the info on it as I'm building.