Mod Testing for 64-bit KSP (UNOFFICIAL VERSION)

mythic_fci

@oicani: I was guessing AV-T1 because it already caused crash on several computers, but this could happen with another part.

I'll just quote myself, I'm feeling kinda lazy today:

On my side, I found a recurrent glitch that cause the game to crash, and the solution, who can't be applied yet, sadly(but a workaround):

Due to a bug in Unity and it's way to handle PhysX, somes meshes collisions causes the application to crash.

This can be reproduced with any rocket by using at least one AV-T1 Winglet. The game will then crash randomly, in the VAB or during flight (it can also occur after several launches), leaving in the error.log:"Read from location ffffffff caused an access violation.", and in output_log.txt "(0x000000014088C91C) (KSP): (filename not available): NxCreateCoreSDK + 0xd390c"

Now the only information I have on this problem is this thread: http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/hyb...player.224486/ , that seems to indicate the problem can be solved by upgrading Unity to version 4.5.x. (no fix to expect with 23.5)

This also means this error could appear with another part. For now (and for me), it only occur when using a AV-T1 Winglet, but every others parts are fine.

Lazy workaround: don't use AV-T1 Winglet if you find "(0x000000014088C91C) (KSP): (filename not available): NxCreateCoreSDK + 0xd390c" in a crash report.

Gaalidas: that may be true, but I really wouldn't always assume it's the modder's fault. First, a giant majority of reported errors are in fact installation errors; second, as you point out, KSP is a work in progress and is *seriously* broken in a lot of places, and usually there's damn-all modders can do to get around it. Let alone with the x64 build, which may break various stock behaviors (and again, we can't fix that; Squad has to change its code to be x64-safe).

For people doing a clean install with the current mod dependencies and.or versioning:

Both 32 and 64: (copy&paste from my other posts)

PartCatalog 3.0_RC4 is not compatible with:

Fustek 0_04-4 dev

RemoteTech-v1.4.0

FireSpitter 6.3.1

For some reason Part Catalogus hides all the parts of these 2 mods

That's odd... B9 Aerospace 4.0c does work for me. Didn't work with the firespitter I got packed with it, though, so I updated. Also I have D12 expansion installed. Might one of these be the solution?

Sincerely

Marrus

For people doing a clean install with the current mod dependencies and.or versioning:

Both 32 and 64: (copy&paste from my other posts)

PartCatalog 3.0_RC4 is not compatible with:

Fustek 0_04-4 dev

RemoteTech-v1.4.0

FireSpitter 6.3.1

For some reason Part Catalogus hides all the parts of these 2 mods

You couldn't be further from the truth. Pay no attention to this claim.

I just figured out why Interstellar had issues with my 64bit KSP Install. Interstellar V11 comes bundled with 3 different .dll for the OpenResourceSystem.

I deleted all of them beside OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0.dll

Now everything runs pretty fine.

So Interstellar should be green if you fix it by deleteing the conflicting files.

So Interstellar should be green if you fix it by deleteing the conflicting files.

This isn't really a solution though. Those extra versions might be needed by other mods. So if having multiple versions of the .dll is causing problems there might be more needed to really fix it.

This isn't really a solution though. Those extra versions might be needed by other mods. So if having multiple versions of the .dll is causing problems there might be more needed to really fix it.

Yeah, that's why I put it in "Best not to try these" with a note stating the fix.

Just tried it, no issues with:

Infernal Robotics

Tweak Scale

Load on demand

AIES

Toolbar

I need to try other mods but I have pretty much everything in ARM installed and no issues so far

Edited by mbartelsm

I just figured out why Interstellar had issues with my 64bit KSP Install. Interstellar V11 comes bundled with 3 different .dll for the OpenResourceSystem.

I deleted all of them beside OpenResourceSystem_1_1_0.dll

Now everything runs pretty fine.

gpisic, can you confirm this?

I have been trying to get OpenResourceSystem (the base version rather than Interstellar itself) working on 64bit, and so far the only thing that doesn't work is the ground based resources - all detectors show 0ppm so it looks like it isn't being generated at all.

All atmospheric resources work ok though.

I have tried to remove all but one dll as you say but it seems to make no difference. Does your ground-based mining still work?

So far I have tested the following mods and they seem to work:

Toolbar

Boulder Company City Lights and Clouds

DistantObject

Environmental Visual Enhancements

FuxTek Karmony Modules

KerbalGPS

KerbalTek Hyperedit

MechJeb2

NASA Mission

Near Future Electrical Pulgins ... Capacitors specifically

Plato Aerospace --- Not a public mod pack but my favorite

Procedural Fairings

Real Solar System

Remote Tech 2 Parts only .... I had to delete the dll and cfg files but because the mod runs based on part names, not integral to the parts, it allowed me to use saved ships and games. The capability should return when the dll is compatible. I also have cfgs for Plato Aerospace craft.

Romfarer Docking Camera

SCANsat

Ship Manifest

TouhouTorpedo - Cabin interiors

All of these are up and running together.

DECIDEDLY TROBLE is one of my favorites, Planet Factory. It kind of works sometimes but is not compatible with Environmental Enhancements. I have gotten them to load together using the debug screen but it is inconsistent. About 50% of the time Planet Factory will load with some combination of planets and without EVE.

Update:

I have now added Planet Factory to the list of functioning mods, however I had to back off on my video quality. It is still problematic with Environmental Enhancements. The footprint is about eight gig of RAM.

I just flew a mission ever to Urania and have a ship in orbit around Hestia using SCANsat

P.S.

I flew a Plato Aerospace, LLC mock up equipped with engines manufactured by Plato Rocket Systems, a wholly owned division of Plato Aerospace, LLC. PA systems integration has all flight controls and electronics internally mounted.

Novapunch2, Infernal Robotics, Astronomers Pack, Visual Enhancements... All working in the 64. THANK YOU, Frame rate improved by 50 fps and WOOOHOOO! Time to Karty!

Minor flickering with the toolbar using the latest version.

Not much else to report yet.. Seems pretty stable.

Edited by ApostleThirteen
Adding updates

How will the official version compare to this one when it comes to mod compatibility?

We can only wonder. I can imagine the devs are interested too.

I would guess that it may be slightly better. From what I understand there is constant work to try to get a working 64-bit version of KSP so if 0.24 has been coded with that in mind I would imagine it would behave a bit better.

I can foresee a time of adjustment where some mod makers have to rethink some of the code they have used in order to make their mod play better under 64-bit.

With the news that phys-x will be multithreaded in unity I see good things for ksp as far as performance in the near future.

We can only wonder. I can imagine the devs are interested too.

I would guess that it may be slightly better. From what I understand there is constant work to try to get a working 64-bit version of KSP so if 0.24 has been coded with that in mind I would imagine it would behave a bit better.

I can foresee a time of adjustment where some mod makers have to rethink some of the code they have used in order to make their mod play better under 64-bit.

With the news that phys-x will be multithreaded in unity I see good things for ksp as far as performance in the near future.

Performance under 64 bit, even under 23.5 is screaming; there is no lag in the 64 bit version where the 32 bit version grinds to a halt from severe lag. The only reason why I'm still not running 64 bit is because of mod compatibility at the moment. Else I'd totally be in 100%.

Best Not to Try These

Distant Object Enhancement (Note: Requires Toolbar, so not recommended)

Environmental Visual Enhancements (Note: Found to be mostly incompatible with Krags Planet Factory)

FAR 0.13.3

Toolbar (Note: Incompatible with some mods, recommended not to install)

Don't Try These

B9 Aerospace v4

Infernal Robotics

I'm running all of those mods on the x64 version with no issues at all

Toolbar (Note: Incompatible with some mods, recommended not to install)

I'm not sure what the fuss is about. The Toolbar Plugin is agnostic to third-party plugins. Either it works with all of them, or it doesn't. There is no middle ground.

I'd say the OP needs an update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.