Official release of my SeaDragon mod!

jackkymoon

with the right mod you can sea launch it etc. karbonite, KSPI (not recomending at the moment for stability reasons), kethane (not recommending lack of sea mining) it you build a heavy lifting helicopter or verterjet with the mining equipment then its posable

I'm still hoping you'll update this for 0.24.2, and give it a price-tag to scale.

Just keep in mind that this was a "Big Dumb Booster", so the whole point of the thing was much lower cost-per-kg to orbit than traditional rockets.

Regards,

Northstar

I've just started working on this mod again for 24.2, I'll try to add the correct prices as well but I'm going to completely remodel and texture everything as well as add new fairings. I got a bit distracted on other projects but I think I'm going to stick with this mod for the time being.

But in ksp, is it better to launch this than a regular rocket? What about the price?

A regular rocket would be cheaper, however the overall cost per ton of material delivered to LEO/LKO would be lower. So for example the Saturn V could lift about 120 tons for say 500 million, the Seadragon would cost say 600 million but lift 5 times the weight.

Truly this is the most kerbal of all engineering projects; The biggest booster, turned by even more boosters, made out of the cheapest materials that can be found.

Somewhere, Wernher Von Kerman weeps a single tear of joy, and doesn't know why.

Hello Jackkymoon.

Unfortunately, the linked gallery contains profanity in at least one of the titles. Please edit the gallery titles so they are within the family-friendly rules of the forum, and then feel free to re-edit your pictures back into the thread.

Hello Jackkymoon.

Unfortunately, the linked gallery contains profanity in at least one of the titles. Please edit the gallery titles so they are within the family-friendly rules of the forum, and then feel free to re-edit your pictures back into the thread.

Could you please post a download?

• 1 month later...

15m rocket engine with accompanying fuel tank and secondary engine of nearly the same size. Without a VAB-scaler the thing was basically a giant mass stuffed into the building. Smoking around that baby would produce the equivalent of 40 million Jebediah's light their own farts in tandem. I don't know why I just said that, it was completely and utterly random.

• 1 month later...

As this is a duplicate of the thread lurkoholic linked, I'm closing this thread. As a note, please edit your OPs rather than starting new threads for updated releases.

Also, regarding the removal of the gallery from this thread's OP and the off-topic discussion which followed, if you have concerns about the moderation of the forum, please contact the moderators. We do listen to, and respond to, concerns. :)