[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

IMHO I don't see a problem with the 'new' weapons manager, it works just like the 'old' one and that is just fine by me.

And I must say the tweak ability with the guard mode is just right, I have all the options I need, no more no less.

So it is just perfect :D

Keep up the good work. :wink:

The new guard mode is tons of FUN! However I have two glitches/problems, 1. The flares are utterly op! Just a single flare drop and the missile goes away, I can just stay still pop a flare and bam Im good :P2. This is more of a glitch, Every time i destroy another craft my HUD starts flickering wildly! Im pretty sure its not with my mods (B9, Far, Pro wings, improved chase cam and KAS).

I'm not good at English (translation forum administrator can not quite express what I mean), but I must take before I want to express something clear.

First, I do not use the operating lever, so I think the manager before the weapon better. Reason is that I can easily switch the missile, and then use other shortcut keys to control the gun for the question now is, I opened the missile gun will close I opened the gun missile can not be used. (even if I try to put guns and missiles are activated, as long as I am a manager of the use of weapons, the other one will be turned off.) whether the manager can only be used to switch weapons, missiles and missile launch? gun, I feel no need to switch frequently, so use other shortcut keys to operate just fine. so you can quickly find what I want missiles. and guns are not closed.

I'm not good at English (translation forum administrator can not quite express what I mean), but I must take before I want to express something clear.

First, I do not use the operating lever, so I think the manager before the weapon better. Reason is that I can easily switch the missile, and then use other shortcut keys to control the gun for the question now is, I opened the missile gun will close I opened the gun missile can not be used. (even if I try to put guns and missiles are activated, as long as I am a manager of the use of weapons, the other one will be turned off.) whether the manager can only be used to switch weapons, missiles and missile launch? gun, I feel no need to switch frequently, so use other shortcut keys to operate just fine. so you can quickly find what I want missiles. and guns are not closed.

So basically you want guns and missiles to be on at the same time (or controlled independently from each other)?

Yes, report BUG.CritterCrawler.dll (Bahamuto_Dynamics_Parts_pack_v1.1-v1.1.1.zip) and weapons MOD conflict. Would be unpredictable so unable to control the spacecraft in orbit.

Hold on - you were just talking about operating guns and missiles simultaneously/independently from each other, and now you're suddenly also reporting a incompatibility between two different plugins?

One issue at a time, please.

Support you yo ~ XD

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

Hold on - you were just talking about operating guns and missiles simultaneously/independently from each other, and now you're suddenly also reporting a incompatibility between two different plugins?

One issue at a time, please.

I have no idea what this is supposed to mean.

You may need to communicate with my imagination:sticktongue:

You may need to communicate with my imagination:sticktongue:

Imagination has nothing to do with this - you need to sit down and speak clearly.

Let's focus on one issue at a time - please answer the following questions:

Do you want to use missiles when guns are off - yes/no?

Do you want to use missiles when guns are on - yes/no?

Do you want to use guns when missiles are off - yes/no?

Do you want to use guns when missiles are on - yes/no?

Do you want to change missiles while firing guns at the same time - yes/no?

From what i understand He wants to have the Gun operation with action keys "separate" from the missiles with the weapons manager. He has tried to use a gun while having the missiles armed and when he turns on a gun to fire, It overrides the missile being able to fire, as with the other way around.

I've not tried to do what he was talking about But i "think" He wants to have the ability to have both a gun active and able to fire and missiles.

For example shooting the vulcan and dropping bombs, or shooting off a missile.

From what i understand He wants to have the Gun operation with action keys "separate" from the missiles with the weapons manager. He has tried to use a gun while having the missiles armed and when he turns on a gun to fire, It overrides the missile being able to fire, as with the other way around.

I've not tried to do what he was talking about But i "think" He wants to have the ability to have both a gun active and able to fire and missiles.

For example shooting the vulcan and dropping bombs, or shooting off a missile.

That was what I initially surmised from his posts, and it would logically make sense.

However, not only has celia423 not confirmed that this was close to what he wanted, he then muddied the waters by complaining about another not-so-related issue.

Do you plan on making small arms for this? Such as 7.62mm turrets?

Also WWII-era weapons? I like recreating WWII-era aircraft.

I don't think I will make small arms since they wouldn't do much against vehicles and that's all you'd be shooting in KSP. Even the .50 cal is said to be OP.

Down the road I might make a WWII pack. Hopefully someone else will though; I made everything configurable hoping people would make their own packs.

Is it possible to add the guard mode function to an action group?

because that is something i would really find useful, if i could trigger guard mode with AG's

I added that to my todo list.

Also I've noticed many scattered posts of people who have created extra content for this mod what about giving them a section on the main thread to link to their parts. That is of course if they want to post them that is.

If I see any released packs by anyone, I'll put them up on the main post. It would be easier if they contact me though instead of me looking for them.

I've noticed something in my build which may or may not be a BDArmory bug - if I go to the map screen while having an aiming reticule active, e.g. Mk82 Bomb in my case, the reticule is gone when I return from the map with no way to get it back.

I'll check it.

ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT

When i activate a turret, the reticle is incredibly low res, and its really hard to aim with, anyone know why?

anyway GREAT mod, but can you add the ability to have gaurd mode on the ship you are flying so with b9 5.2.1 your could make a massive fleet that has auto turrets on every ship

The low-res aimer could be caused by Active Texture Management. I might need to make a config for it.

You can turn on guard mode on the ship you're flying but then you can't use weapons at the same time, aside from action-group firing missiles.. I'm thinking about a way to make this possible but I don't want to overcomplicate things.

hello. (I don't know much about English grammar,I used google translation program. So Please understand, even if an error in grammar)

I have some idea.

I recommend about Missile interceptor system. more than Countermeasure Flares, Automatically aim the missiles which coming to my ship and click(gun or missile whatever)

to fire it.

I recommend it too. It's a guided bomb called 'Jdam'.

how about these idea? will you add these things???:)

The weapon manager's guard mode has a function where it only targets missiles (the target type button or something).

As I said above, if I can find a way to have guard mode run separately from user controls without overcomplicating things, I'll do it.

As for guided bombs, I'd need to do a bit more work to figure that out, since the current method of guiding missiles doesn't use aerodynamics, so anything without thrust will always fall short.. so

I'm not sure what his issues with it are, being as I'm not him. However I agree that it needs an upgrade. Clicking next weapon to scroll through a list isn't very helpful In my opinion. I'm not sure what the coding required would be but if there was toolbar integration with a GUI listing each weapon and its status that could be dragged anywhere on the screen like the menus in mods like Mech Jeb or FAR that would be Ideal IMO. That way it'd be easier to select exactly which weapon you want and better to find in the first place

I just started trying stock toolbar stuff today for a different mod I've started working on, so I could probably do this soon.

What would be the best field of view number you would recommend for a makeshift SAM launcher?

Also does the weapons manager have to be facing the direction the missiles are facing when in guard mode?

The field of view is related to where the weapon manager is pointing, but the missiles don't have to be pointing in any particular way, as long as they have enough space to turn towards the target after being launched.

The new guard mode is tons of FUN! However I have two glitches/problems, 1. The flares are utterly op! Just a single flare drop and the missile goes away, I can just stay still pop a flare and bam Im good :P2. This is more of a glitch, Every time i destroy another craft my HUD starts flickering wildly! Im pretty sure its not with my mods (B9, Far, Pro wings, improved chase cam and KAS).

Yeah, the logic for the flares is a bit bad. Basically they immediately track any flare that's in a 15° cone within 2km in front of them. This makes them extremely easy to fend off if you're flying directly away from them or directly towards them, but if you are flying perpendicular, they will be pointing towards where you're going to be, so they will never see your flares. I'm open to suggestions of how to change this.

As for the flickering, that's FAR. (Confirm by checking output_log.txt). I use the latest dev build from ferram's github, and that bug isn't there anymore.

I think I can see what you're getting at (and Before, you could fire missiles with the weapon manager, and still activate turrets with action groups, but now with turrets integrated in the weapon manager, cycling weapons makes any active turret become inactive, so you can't have guns and missiles active at the same time. I could put them on separate concurrent lists, but that would be two more buttons/action groups on a weapon manager that already has a lot of buttons... I don't really know yet what I should do. A few people asked to have the guns included in the weapon manager, and having them in there makes them work with guard mode, so taking them out completely isn't an option.

Edited by BahamutoD

Yeah, the logic for the flares is a bit bad. Basically they immediately track any flare that's in a 15° cone within 2km in front of them. This makes them extremely easy to fend off if you're flying directly away from them or directly towards them, but if you are flying perpendicular, they will be pointing towards where you're going to be, so they will never see your flares. I'm open to suggestions of how to change this.

What kind of guidance logic are you using for the missiles, something like PN/APN?

Hmm, I didn't study any actual guidance laws, so I don't know if this is anything like them but here's how mine works:

Each physics frame, the missile attempts to rotate its velocity vector towards the point in space where the target will be in t seconds (at constant v), where t is the time it would take the missile to get from its current position at current velocity to the target's current position.

Its relatively simple to guide stuff in a game engine since its easy to acquire the position and velocity of any object :).

Its not the most efficient since even if the target holds course and speed, that point will always change, but its okay since the missile can steer.

I had to do something a bit more advanced to calculate the proper t for the target leading of guard turrets, which I could apply to missiles, but they track well enough already.

EarlyAdmirableJay.gif

Edited by BahamutoD

Perhaps the solution to the flare problem could be that each flare has a CHANCE, rather than a flat 100% within conditions, of defeating the missile? And perhaps the more flares you launch, the better the chance? Obviously the detection cone would have to increase. This could also give value to each CM pod eventually carrying a limited number of flares. This solution was suggested and massively supported for flares in Planetside 2, but admittedly it is difficult to define.

Whether you use my suggestion or not, I'd say that if you want missile mechanics to be fully developed, it would definitely be a good idea to find a solution. IRL, as I'm sure you know, the method for avoiding IR missiles generally is to maneuver in as many planes of movement as possible, i.e. start rolling, pitch hard, and dump flares around your turn. It wouldn't be very exciting if the avoidance method ingame is to fly away from or towards the missile while periodically tapping your CM button. That said, you've already achieved far more than any other weapon mod developer has so far, and with a higher mod quality in general, so massive props for that. I just want to see this project go on to be the superior, permanent weapon mod for this game.

trying to setup a basic gun. it fires to the +X direction with the fireTransform's +Z pointed forward. if I rotate the fireTransform any other way, +Y or +X forward, the gun won't fire at all. muzzelTransform works as expected. There's no pitch or yaw in this setup, but the transforms are required by the module AFAIK. export root object is aligned to world, Y-up; Z-forward; X-right. everything is oriented Z-forward; Y-up; X-right. no errors in output_log. rotating the root mesh object makes no different either.

LJjbnh4.jpg

EDIT:

okay something to do with pitch and yaw range settings. can't really understand how the fireTransforms are being reoriented in the code. Seems to be getting reoriented several times depending on target or no target, and the aimTransforms. The fireTransform moves whether it's child of aim transforms or not, which is a bit counter intuitive, though I think I can see why you'd set it up that way.

How do I set it so the gun is fixed and fires forward only? I've tried setting min/max pitch yaw to 0 like the hidden vulcan. the fireTransforms still move in some odd relation to the mouse pointer, even when not children of the Aim Transforms. I can't load the hiddenvulvan mu in blender so I can't see how it's transforms are oriented.

shouldn't the firevelocity be using the fireTransform's direction instead of the pitchTransform's direction?

Edited by nli2work

I don't think I will make small arms since they wouldn't do much against vehicles and that's all you'd be shooting in KSP. Even the .50 cal is said to be OP.

Down the road I might make a WWII pack. Hopefully someone else will though; I made everything configurable hoping people would make their own packs.

The field of view is related to where the weapon manager is pointing, but the missiles don't have to be pointing in any particular way, as long as they have enough space to turn towards the target after being launched.

However I can see how people who make videos would find interest in this. Infantry fights would be interesting to see.

Also thanks for the help.