[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

They're a bit different. MissileLauncher detaches the whole part and fires it, while RocketLauncher spawns rocket objects and fires them.

Ah yeah, that's pretty different in the guts. I was thinking RocketLauncher with tracking warheads would make neat looking swarmer missile system. a pod that would fire in salvos of ~6 missiles in quick succession.

Ok I have a question regarding missiles. If I set a target, and fire a missile, can I switch to the missile? Like I know it's possible, but will the tracking stop? Also, do you have to set different teams for missiles to track?

And one more thing, I notice that missiles have only a short burst of thrust. And You mentioned they have no lift values. So how do they track after running out of fuel?

Ah yeah, that's pretty different in the guts. I was thinking RocketLauncher with tracking warheads would make neat looking swarmer missile system. a pod that would fire in salvos of ~6 missiles in quick succession.

I'm pretty sure he could do something like that, it should only take a code adjustment in terms of the fire command for the current rockets as well as a "transfer" of the missile guidance code. Not saying it would be easy by any means as I have no experience with modding but definitely doable

Ok I have a question regarding missiles. If I set a target, and fire a missile, can I switch to the missile? Like I know it's possible, but will the tracking stop? Also, do you have to set different teams for missiles to track?

And one more thing, I notice that missiles have only a short burst of thrust. And You mentioned they have no lift values. So how do they track after running out of fuel?

They do still track after switching to them and as for the thrust all I can say is that I'm usually shooting a stationary targets, though I have taken shots at the flying debris with pretty good success, so the missiles don't need to deviate from their target.

Activate camera commands via ALT+B, then after launching use numpad0 or numpad1 for missile/bomb camera.

Edit: I think that if we are to have WW2 weapons we should have a pack for them, and not simply fill the mod with guns.

Because there wouldn't be any use for them for people who don't really want them since the modern ones are stronger and more accurate.

Edited by tetryds

BD, just a heads up since this mod uses .tga textures. Apparently the .tga texture loader is bugged and uses twice as much memory as png textures!

Here's Taverius's post about it http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/92630-0-24-2-B9-Aerospace-Release-5-2-2-%28updated-20-09-14%29?p=1432359&viewfull=1#post1432359

Tetryds, I removed the camera stuff from BDArmory a couple versions back. I wanted to work on it as a separate mod. (Camera Tools).

Endersmens, you can switch to them, and they will still track unless the flight scene is in continuous floating origin (?), eg in orbit around Kerbin. In that case, whatever you focus on is always the center of the universe and has no velocity (everything else's velocity is relative to your active vessel), so my tracking code doesn't work.

nli2work, I'm sure it won't be too difficult to add that as an option in the future.

The Space Man - Noted.. I guess I'll convert everything to png's from now on.

Edited by BahamutoD

Tetryds, I removed the camera stuff from BDArmory a couple versions back. I wanted to work on it as a separate mod. (Camera Tools).

Endersmens, you can switch to them, and they will still track unless the flight scene is in continuous floating origin (?), eg in orbit around Kerbin. In that case, whatever you focus on is always the center of the universe and has no velocity (everything else's velocity is relative to your active vessel), so my tracking code doesn't work.

Alright, I'll get camera tools. Also, does that mean orbital weapons won't work? I'm confused.

nli2work, I'm sure it won't be too difficult to add that as an option in the future.

Swarm fire is much wanted. :P

Ok really liking that new function on the bombs. Also that video of the B1 gave me an idea. Would airburst ordnance be a viable thing to add as well? I could understand if it's not and I just thought of another idea as I was typing this, how about a cluster bomb just for kicks. Drops off the craft as 1 bomb then at a certain height, say 50-100m, it splits up into 4 or 5 smaller ones you could even combine it with the airbrakes to slow down the main body of it. And I'm going to stop now before I get too complex.

Ok really liking that new function on the bombs. Also that video of the B1 gave me an idea. Would airburst ordnance be a viable thing to add as well? I could understand if it's not and I just thought of another idea as I was typing this, how about a cluster bomb just for kicks. Drops off the craft as 1 bomb then at a certain height, say 50-100m, it splits up into 4 or 5 smaller ones you could even combine it with the airbrakes to slow down the main body of it. And I'm going to stop now before I get too complex.

My two cents on a similar design: a munition dispenser (like KMGU) can work as a rocket pod with "rockets" that have no propellant and are given slightly different initial velocity when launched in order to spread out them.

A cluster bomb is just like an altitude-triggered munition dispenser... if we don't consider the extra animation (which might be quite complex though).

Edited by HoneyFox

Honeyfox' idea would also allow for both the MW1 system of the Tornado, as well as the Swedish Mjolnir system. Could be interesting.

EDIT: Like a gibbon (though to my defense, I'm not that familiar with Russian armaments!), I basically said the exact same thing as Honeyfox.

Go me!

Edited by Melfice

What? Airbrakes on a bomb? They look retarded.

‎( á° Üʖ á°)

In all seriousness, I've been to the museum with the snakeyes in the third picture.

Can we get manned turrets?

This is all you need. :) There're some alignment issues; and IVA doesn't move since the turret track doesn't move the entire turret. but it works to a good extent. IVA gunnery seems certainly doable, with close to a hemisphere of coverage depending on IVA visibility and weapon settings.

CrewCapacity = 1

INTERNAL
{
name = mk1CockpitInternal
}

Edited by nli2work

That is awesome, how long till it's ready for release.