[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

Question- Will you be making one-piece probes that utilize this/Tiny Parachute animation to land?

Because that would be PERFECT for interplanetary missions.

Will you stop that! My Kerbals are all hiding under tables and refusing to come out. I will have to use the broomstick of poking again to get them out.

Might it be an idea to make a tweakscalable explosive, inline or as a nose cone? That way people are invited to be creative themselves a little more. Your weapons are all very nice and polished and finished, which, in a game like KSP, is good and bad at the same time.

I still have several things I want/need to do before I release the next update. It might be a couple weeks at most.

Will you stop that! My Kerbals are all hiding under tables and refusing to come out. I will have to use the broomstick of poking again to get them out.

Might it be an idea to make a tweakscalable explosive, inline or as a nose cone? That way people are invited to be creative themselves a little more. Your weapons are all very nice and polished and finished, which, in a game like KSP, is good and bad at the same time.

Yeah, that should be easy to make. Expect it in the next update as well.

ERMERGHERD this is amazing! I am really enjoying your work BD! :D

Though there are many weapons released, here are some other weapons that would be nice to see in future releases:

JSOW, AGM-84 SLAM-ER, IRIS-T, GBU family of bombs, MBDA Meteor and Russian weapons (R-77, R-73, Kh-31, etc...).

Keep up the great work!

ERMERGHERD this is amazing! I am really enjoying your work BD! :D

Though there are many weapons released, here are some other weapons that would be nice to see in future releases:

JSOW, AGM-84 SLAM-ER, IRIS-T, GBU family of bombs, MBDA Meteor and Russian weapons (R-77, R-73, Kh-31, etc...).

Keep up the great work!

Can we add the AGM-88 HARM to that list? Atm I'm enjoying doing some wild weasling with AI SAMs, but some dedicated ordnance is always welcome.

I'm reluctant to make beyond-visible-range weapons because of the current physics range limits. Even extending the physics range to just 10km brings up problems like exploding landed crafts (they clip through the ground since the terrain detail is lower at a distance).

This mod is awesome. However, it does have a significant limitation: it's exclusively a self-directed/sandbox-type experience. That is, the only way to utilize the content of this mod is by building things to blow up other things you built, just for the fun of it. Don't get me wrong, this can certainly be fun. But I believe it could be far more fun if it were possible to accept contracts in career mode that would allow you to blow things up with a sense of strategy and purpose.

Ideally, this would be accomplished by adding a "Destroy Target" contract, which would spawn a pre-designed target (ground-based, orbital, or perhaps even airborne) when the contract is accepted. In some cases, the target would be equipped with weapons and set to "guard" mode for additional challenge.

If spawning targets is not feasible from a coding standpoint, then an alternative approach would be adding an initial "Deploy Military Drone" contract, which would involve constructing a probe with specified weaponry (and perhaps a special part which designates it as a military drone), deploying it to a designated location or orbit, and setting it to guard mode. Having an operational military drone would open the possibility of being offered a "Destroy Rogue Drone" contract, which would inform you that a specific drone is no longer under your control and needs to be destroyed.

Edited by Fraz86

This mod is awesome. However, it does have a significant limitation: it's exclusively a self-directed/sandbox-type experience. That is, the only way to utilize the content of this mod is by building things to blow up other things you built, just for the fun of it. Don't get me wrong, this can certainly be fun. But I believe it could be far more fun if it were possible to accept contracts in career mode that would allow you to blow things up with a sense of strategy and purpose.

Ideally, this would be accomplished by adding a "Destroy Target" contract, which would spawn a pre-designed target (ground-based, orbital, or perhaps even airborne) when the contract is accepted. In some cases, the target would be equipped with weapons and set to "guard" mode for additional challenge.

If spawning targets is not feasible from a coding standpoint, then an alternative approach would be adding an initial "Deploy Military Drone" contract, which would involve constructing a probe with specified weaponry (and perhaps a special part which designates it as a military drone), deploying it to a designated location or orbit, and setting it to guard mode. Having an operational military drone would open the possibility of being offered a "Destroy Rogue Drone" contract, which would inform you that a specific drone is no longer under your control and needs to be destroyed.

This.

This here.

Is genius.

I honestly think the hardest part of that type of contract would be amount of room possibly needed for the pre-built crafts he would need.

[quote name=

Quote Originally Posted by Fraz86 View Post

This mod is awesome. However' date=' it does have a significant limitation: it's exclusively a self-directed/sandbox-type experience. That is, the only way to utilize the content of this mod is by building things to blow up other things you built, just for the fun of it. Don't get me wrong, this can certainly be fun. But I believe it could be far more fun if it were possible to accept contracts in career mode that would allow you to blow things up with a sense of strategy and purpose.

This.

This here.

Is genius.

I concur. Contract missions actually sounds like the best idea this thread has to offer, and getting money from blowing stuff up gives you the cash needed for more ordnance.

I'm getting all giddy just thinking about this. Plz plz, oh mighty Bahamuto, if you bestow anything upon us mere mortals, give us the gift of contract missions, for it shall be badass.