[1.1] BDArmory v0.11.0.1 (+compatibility, fixes) - Apr 23

BahamutoD

However I can see how people who make videos would find interest in this. Infantry fights would be interesting to see.

Also thanks for the help.

I also think this would be great, the less damage a gun does; the happier I am to use it in the series.

I don't think I will make small arms since they wouldn't do much against vehicles and that's all you'd be shooting in KSP.

Antimaterial rifles are a thing, and they don't involve antimatter. Infantry aren't defenseless against combat vehicles--they just need the right equipment. Mind, it's not vital to the mod by any means, but possibilities exist without even needing to reach for ultratech.

If I had to suggest a couple features I'd like to see, they would be the related features of "reloading spacecraft weapons" and "moving missiles/whatever around with KAS".

Also, the download link in the OP doesn't seem to work.

I am loving BDArmory. Only a few suggestions, add more action group toggleable things for the weapons controller, like changing target type, changing team and changing guard mode. It would help me out a fair bit in the things I am doing.

A suggestion...

Often times, when I am spamming the fire button (carpet bombing, for example), I tend to lose track of how many bombs I have left. If I run out of bombs, then the console automatically activates the next weapon and it ends up in catastrophes such as me blowing myself up.

Could you make it so that when I am out of a certain weapon, the console sets the selected weapon to "none?" It may force the user to cycle weapons again, but it will definitely eliminate surprises.

If this will be or has been implemented, thanks. If not...thanks for reading anyway.

Perhaps the solution to the flare problem could be that each flare has a CHANCE, rather than a flat 100% within conditions, of defeating the missile? And perhaps the more flares you launch, the better the chance? Obviously the detection cone would have to increase. This could also give value to each CM pod eventually carrying a limited number of flares. This solution was suggested and massively supported for flares in Planetside 2, but admittedly it is difficult to define.

Whether you use my suggestion or not, I'd say that if you want missile mechanics to be fully developed, it would definitely be a good idea to find a solution. IRL, as I'm sure you know, the method for avoiding IR missiles generally is to maneuver in as many planes of movement as possible, i.e. start rolling, pitch hard, and dump flares around your turn. It wouldn't be very exciting if the avoidance method ingame is to fly away from or towards the missile while periodically tapping your CM button. That said, you've already achieved far more than any other weapon mod developer has so far, and with a higher mod quality in general, so massive props for that. I just want to see this project go on to be the superior, permanent weapon mod for this game.

This is such a great idea, I second this very much.

@ BahamutoD

Hi, further down the weapon development tree now, and wondering if I could get a look at the hierarchies for the other types of weapon, primarily any projectile weapons, while i appreciate that they're all likely to use a similar system I'd like to confirm my assumptions. Don't need any more unity packages, it's nice though, images will do fine.

Cheers

Spanner

Wait, lots of suggestions about the weapons manager, I am starting to think.

Do we want it complex? I am sure lots of people would make use of it, but is that really what we want?

Maybe a simplified one and a complex one with all that data?

Because most of things we suggest will make it more complex if added, and I am not sure if most people like that.

To me it's ok, and even better if having both.

im really confused here. i installed everything correctly, but i made an aa platform using 50 cal turrets and 20 mm vulcans, and every time i enable the weapoins, and switch to a plane to test it, it doesnt fire, and i go back, and they are disabled, so i enable the weapons, and i try again, and it keeps happening

im really confused here. i installed everything correctly, but i made an aa platform using 50 cal turrets and 20 mm vulcans, and every time i enable the weapoins, and switch to a plane to test it, it doesnt fire, and i go back, and they are disabled, so i enable the weapons, and i try again, and it keeps happening

You have to control the craft with the weapons on it to fire them, you move the mouse to where you want to fire and click to fire the guns. They don't fire automatically like the turrets in skillful.

Perhaps an idea for the jdam would be to give them a higher lift value instead of a thrust value as all the JDAM kit does is add a guidance chip set and little vanes along the body of the bomb to break the airflow a little more allowing the control surfaces to effect the air more. An other than the addition of a guided bomb and the railgun I can't really think of anything not on your todo list that I would want.

but they have before. when i put it in guard mode, they did it jsut fine the fiorst time i tried it, and they have other times too, ive seen people use them that way, EE streasmed trying to avoide automatically firing missiles with this mod.

Thats because you have to have them on guard mode for them to fire at the other ship, otherwise you need to control the yourself

i HAVE it on guard mode, and then i click activate weapons, and then i switcxh vessels, or go to the vab, and when i go back, to the vessel, they are disabled, and they dont fire at anything. and i click enable weapons, and it says weapons enabled, and guard mode is STILL ON, so i leave the vessel, and take off, in a plane, and nothing fires, even though the plane is a different team, so i go back to the vessel, guard mode is STILL ON, but weapons have disabled themselves.

It would be cool if you made smart bombs. and i know i can just set guidense as true on the mk.82 bomb but it just dosnt feel like it is a true smart bomb

Maybe somthing that looks like this

http://beforeitsnews.com/contributor/upload/1393/images/WARPIC%20SMART%20BOMB(1).png

or this

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/42/Boeing_GBU-39_Small_Diameter_Bomb.jpg

Edited by Batteriii

its also not that hard to read all my posts before commenting. do that next time to you can actually see the issue

- - - Updated - - -

It doesn't fire because you have to select the weapon by pressing next on the weapon manager.

C'mon now, it's not that hard.

i want them to fire on AUTO. i have guard mode set, teams set, etc, i want them to fire at another vessel. jeez, does nobody read what i wrote?

its also not that hard to read all my posts before commenting. do that next time to you can actually see the issue

- - - Updated - - -

i want them to fire on AUTO. i have guard mode set, teams set, etc, i want them to fire at another vessel. jeez, does nobody read what i wrote?

Try setting the radius at 360 ant the range at at least 2 k.