The Grand 0.24 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

So I admit that I've only spent about a half hour with the new update so far, and whilst I haven't dug into the deeper contract yet of course I do have a less than stellar impression of the early stages. Currently I have only done two launches yet my finance has already increased sevenfold. I'm getting the feeling that it may soon lead to endlessly increasing these numbers in a meaningless way since it appears managing my cash flow or reputation may not even be on the priority list. I hope I'm wrong but I've hardly touched it and I'm well on my way to 100k already!

The challenges themselves add a new depth however and it's fun to have meaning to my launches, however finance has already raised an eyebrow that I will be keeping track of to see how easily money can be gained.

Well, if you think you have too much funds then you can always do off-mission launches with goofy inventions, or space stations :)

I dug through the notes but didn't see some of the changes mentioned by the devs as being worked on, so I thought I would ask:

Were the joints fixed so they don't fall apart or pancake when transferring in and out of time warp?

Was the SAS induced wobbling on large long crafts fixed?

Did struts actually get two end points now?

Were external command seats fixed to not permanently break Kerbals when they fall out?

Is the orbit calculated from the center of mass yet, so that it doesnt wobble around on the map screen?

Was the maneuver system improved at all? (considering the predictions still disappears and glitches out 50% of time)

overall thanks for the massive update. I hope it doesn't crash, because I still don't play single player games that crash.

Just wondering (Kasper if you still here) has squad ever thought about doing a torrent link in the store? (only available once you logged in) - that way at least your servers wouldn't go into meltdown..

We haven't, but I'll bring it up to the rest of the team.

Is there any way the mods/OP could reformat the top post here so I can actually read it on a phone? I feel like someone put too many HTML tags in and not enough BBCode...

About that, I'm getting some clipping and don't think I can see everything.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8dv5px5qy717ed/Screenshot%202014-07-17%2020.22.49.png

I'm aware of that, will have to rework the template for the opening post for the next update. The changelog is also available in the readme.txt that comes with 0.24 and through an article on the main page :)

- Gimballing Engines now respond to roll input.

- 4x Engine Cluster and RAPIER Engine have gimbal roll authority even if stacked over the centerline (due to multiple nozzles).

First reaction: And how would that work??

Then: Ah, OK, go on. :kiss:

- Improved logic for detecting a vessel in 'orbiting' situations.

Dipping into atmosphere to take readings now works without establishing a suborbital flight path?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.