The Grand 0.24 Discussion Thread

SQUAD

If using Steam, does it launch the x64 automatically? Or am I going to have to change some things?

Also, I can launch the game, but I can't actually open a save. I think it might be some mods interfering, but I'm not sure. Same thing happened to me when .23.5 came out.

Guess I might have to wait a day or two to be able to play KSP again...

If using Steam, does it launch the x64 automatically? Or am I going to have to change some things?

Also, I can launch the game, but I can't actually open a save. I think it might be some mods interfering, but I'm not sure. Same thing happened to me when .23.5 came out.

Guess I might have to wait a day or two to be able to play KSP again...

This same thing is happening to me. So far i've been told to run it as admin, and unset any files as read only. I can't get it to work yet. :P

I'm having issues with 64 bit similar to when I was using the 23.5 64bit hack, so I assume I'm out to sea... BUT, I'm going crazy imagining what modders are going to do with contracts, contract types, mindsets and all of that goodness.... Also a lot of modders were waiting to update for .24... So excited...

With .24 and the gain of science with just completing contracts the amount of science to unlock the advancements in the tech tree needs to be increased. I can get enough science just by completing contracts and ignoring the science experiments. I notice that science is being gained with just the completion of science gathering contracts, separate from any experiment you perform. Those contracts should award prestige and funds but the science you gain should be from the experiment you perform.

The early testing contracts seem to be available after the parts are being used to launch the first ship.

I suggest the first contracts be testing the starting parts before you get the 'Launch a ship" contract.

Edited by jpkerman

I have 0 issues been playing for a while, game runs as smooth as silk, i see whats of in dept play coming specially with modded contracts and extra planets !!!! My only small request would be if the ingame toolbar can be moved around or be more flexible.

While waiting for thing to settle down one can always read the story of EvE Online's famous boot.ini incident.

Or in other words, things happens, esp in games that are still in early release, and it can always be worse ;)

The sad thing is that KSP is set up for disaster like that, because it runs as administrator. Why doesn't Windows protect its files? It does, duh, by requiring you to be an administrator to modify those files. Running your applications as administrator or turning off UAC explicitly disables that protection.

I would be playing 0.24 right now if it weren't for the fact that I'm currently installing a new graphics card in my normal computer. I doubt this tiny laptop will be able to run KSP without exploding. :(

Anyways, the new update looks amazing, you guys did a great job on it!

im not making a new thread for this, but if squad could make it so when you accept a contract to test a jet engine, it also gave you an air intake, that would be great. my tech isnt that high quite yet.

The sad thing is that KSP is set up for disaster like that, because it runs as administrator. Why doesn't Windows protect its files? It does, duh, by requiring you to be an administrator to modify those files. Running your applications as administrator or turning off UAC explicitly disables that protection.

Can always just move it out of a protected folder and run it as a regular user. I have never ever needed to run KSP as an admin.

I haven't gotten enough mods in yet but does the Win version allow more than 4GB out of the box? I was a Linux kerbal user for quite a bit and we had to apply segfaults so the 64Bit version would use more than 4GB of RAM

As others are reporting, I cannot download.

Warning: session_start(): The session id is too long or contains illegal characters, valid characters are a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and '-,' in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php on line 9

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/config.php:9) in /host/www.kerbalspaceprogram.com/htdocs/lib/multiplayDwn.php on line 11

Invalid Token

This is from the website account download link.

Don't tell me about steam. Can't transfer my KSP purchase to steam, and steam's automatic file management is a nightmare for modifications and version compatibility.

I only had time before work to do one quick mission, so I completed all 4 of the tutorial contracts on my first launch. I made (I think) 300x more money than I started with and now can probably build most anything.

Well, anything that uses the first couple tech nodes :D

Very fun experience, though it doesn't look like money will be any sort of problem for me at all. I suspect I could just play the way I normally do, accept every single contract without reading them, and just let the ones I didn't happen to get to expire.

Dear Squad,

THANK YOU!!!!!!!! Everything looks great, I rescued a Kerbal and I'm about to launch a Mun exploration mission for Periapsis Corp.

Only suggestion so far: could you make the numbers in the rep bar a little more clear? It can be hard to see them. Also on the funds counter: Could we have commas or something similar to make reading the number of available FUNds a little easier?

Looking good so far I really prefer the 64 bit, it definitely is running smoother than the .24 32 bit version on my system.

I only had time before work to do one quick mission, so I completed all 4 of the tutorial contracts on my first launch. I made (I think) 300x more money than I started with and now can probably build most anything.

Well, anything that uses the first couple tech nodes :D

Very fun experience, though it doesn't look like money will be any sort of problem for me at all. I suspect I could just play the way I normally do, accept every single contract without reading them, and just let the ones I didn't happen to get to expire.

I'm being a little bit careful, some of the failure penalties are stiff. I agree though that the contracts I've tried so far are not difficult for an experienced player within the advance funds, let alone anything that's been accumulated.

OK, so I've played it for a few hours. I love it. It finally has some gameplay sense.

Some things are tricky, like testing boosters at exact heights and speeds while still not having all parts.

I've saved that orbiting Kerbal and the contracts keep coming like mad. :)

One thing I'd really like to be finally changed is the awful skybox which looks like a rainy, cloudy sky. It's a 15 minute job. No coding, just image editing. We've been asking for this since who knows when and it's still bad.

Anyway, great job, Squad. You've made stock KSP fun again and I kind of feel like in the early days. :)

im not making a new thread for this, but if squad could make it so when you accept a contract to test a jet engine, it also gave you an air intake, that would be great. my tech isnt that high quite yet.

There is no case where testing the unresearched basic jet engine can work, because you unlock it at the same time as intakes (so if it's unresearched, you don't have intakes).

That said, I roleplayed that as useful test data: "Oh, so it *doesn't* work without some other parts? Back to the drawing board."

There is no case where testing the unresearched basic jet engine can work, because you unlock it at the same time as intakes (so if it's unresearched, you don't have intakes).

That said, I roleplayed that as useful test data: "Oh, so it *doesn't* work without some other parts? Back to the drawing board."

Obviously you can't exactly run the engine without the air intake, but have you guys tried the "Run Test" that you get from right clicking?

It's funny the way you reused the asteroid code for stranded Kerbals. Says Seedard Kerman is a class A object :D

Does this mean we might be able to use the NASA grapple hook in order to catch him and get him back down to Kerbin? :D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.