[1.2] [2016-10-28] Haystack Continued (v0.5.2.1)

Qberticus

got a nice error today.

The error continuous for some time , in the meantime the GUI is not displayed. After some time (10-15s) it comes back.

The GUI disappears for me as well. In my case, my kData and MechJeb/Smart_A.S.S. guis are gone for about 10-15 seconds. I also have haystack running. I wonder if there's a connection. I was never having this problem before installing HayStack. This has been occurring now for a few days.

@Ringkeeper: where did you get that dump, so i can get it, too?

@Ringkeeper: thanks for the bug report. It looks like it happens after vessel is destroyed. Haystack only refreshes the vessel list every 30 seconds as an optimization. Otherwise it'd be applying the filter every frame which would be a potential performance issue. It looks like I missed a null check in the display code of the vessel list. I'll create an update for tomorrow that fixes the issue.

In the meantime it shouldn't harm anything other than the debug log filling up. It may be related to other windows disappearing from @Apollo13's report. I don't know enough about how Unity GUI drawing code works but that is probably what is happening.

Just pushed an update to github and kerbstuff that should fix the bug reported by @Ringkeeper.

Version 0.3.1.1

• Fixed a bug where the display would break as debris left physics range and was removed by the game. Thanks to @Ringkeeper for reporting it.
  • Resizing the window should be smoother in low FPS situations.

Hi Qberticus, sorry to report that there is a serious game breaking bug or conflict with this mod on x64

I have been getting a lock up and crash after a few weeks of time acceleration at x100000, I checked the ksp.log and noticed that it was spamming messages about Haystack saving settings.

Starting a new game and going into time acceleration still caused a lock up.

Removed Haystack and both my save and new games no longer lock up at x100000 time acceleration.

I don't know if others can replicate with a different mod list, so here's what I running:

Toolbar

Active texture management (x64 basic)

EVE + astonomers edge of oblivion pack

Chatterer

Custom Biomes

Deadly Reentry

DebRefund

Scansat v7.0RC4

Kerbal Engineer Redux v1.0.6

KW Rocketry

Infernal Robotics

Tweakscale

Precisenode

Spaceplane plus

surface lights

Texture replacer

Kerbal Alarm Clock

Module manager v2.2.3

• 1 month later...

Not 100% if it's caused by your plug-in or not, I got this in log:

stage count is: 0

SmallGearBay(Clone) added to ship - part count: 47

stage count is: 0

Haystack: saving settings

DivideByZeroException: Division by zero

at EditorLogic.checkAttach (.Part selPart) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.UpdatePartMode () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at EditorLogic.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

And no parts can be surface attached any more after that to the current vessel.

I also have Editor Extensions plug-in (but it has never cause such issue before).

Removing HSC plug-in let me add parts to the plane without any issue.

It also looks like saving settings too often, is this really needed ?

+ by the way, the small folder up arrow is displayed in the "clean layer" (the one we use for screenshots), same kind of issue as an old version of BetterTimewarp.

• 2 weeks later...

Version 0.3.2.0 is now released with KSP 0.25 support. Nothing much has changed this was mainly a recompile against the new KSP version. One new addition is that the Haystack window now respects the GUI Hide game event so it's now possible to take screenshots without the Haystack window visible. Thanks to Justin Kerbice for reporting this bug.

Change log:

• Compiled and checked against KSP 0.25
  • Changed save log output to debug mode only
  • Haystack window now respects the Hide GUI game event. It's now possible to take screenshots without the Haystack window appearing.

Could the UI be more compact? Or allow a second, tighter theme?

I have loads of vessels and Haystack's UI ist just too space wasting for me, so I am using the slightly outdated Targetron. It is compact and fun to use, most often without scrolling, while in Haystack I have to scroll around far too much.

Having a second theme as seen in MechJeb might do the job, and I would switch over.

Edited by dr.phees
corrections, spelling, stuff

• 3 weeks later...

Another bug -- while combing through output_log.txt (to look for the cause of a malfunction that probably isn't related to this mod), I found an error in the loading -- it seems the mod expects to have a "button_vessel_spaceobject.png", but it's not there, and it isn't in the version that I just downloaded from KerbalStuff. Was this maybe something that got lost between one version of the mod and the next?

A small 'cosmetic' issue to report:

Seems I'm missing a file:

IsolatedStorageException: Could not find file "/home/steve/KSP_linux-0250-FAR/GameData/HaystackContinued/icons/button_vessel_spaceobject.png".

Sure enough, no icon of that name in downloaded archive.

Otherwise working fine :)

• 3 weeks later...

a Thank You for Haystack.

Situation: In the Tracking Station, I would select a spacecraft. Neither the KSP/TS Fly nor Terminate buttons were lit, so I could not fly it. I left the TS and went to the launch pad to a rocket I had there. I hit the M key to go to map view. Then used the TAB key to cycle through the planets. Clicking on a craft orbiting the planet should allow me to select and fly it. Nope. No joy. Bottom line: the stock KSP solutions would not allow me to select/fly a craft.

Then, I noted Haystack in the Tracking Station. There, I was able to select the craft I wanted and I clicked the Haystack Fly button. SUCCESS!! As an experiment, I went back to the TS and was able to select any craft using KSP's stock select functionality. Even the stock Fly and Terminate buttons were lit. So, somehow, Haystack set whatever KSP flag was necessary to permit stock functions to work.

Bottom line: Haystack works when KSP fails. Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
@Apollo13 I can't duplicate that at all. Do you have a ship that is named different from other ships? Or did that start happening after you renamed a particular ship? Also, does that happen in a clean save file?

Sorry for late reply.

Do you have a ship that is named different from other ships?
I don't understand the question. All the ships are named differently from the others.
Or did that start happening after you renamed a particular ship?
No. I hadn't renamed the ships.
Also, does that happen in a clean save file?
I'll check.

Now that KSP 0.o90 is out, I'll determine if this is still an issue.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.