[1.12.x] Freight Transport Technologies [v0.6.0]

RoverDude

How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)  

383 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about the VTOL engines? (Vote for both)

• Propfan: Just right!
    • Propfan: OMG! Overpowered!
    • LFO Thrusters: Too weak
    • LFO Thrusters: Just right!
    • LFO Thrusters: OMG! Overpowered!

Hey, love this pack, but I was wondering, the Honeybadger in those pics has nice big ol landing legs, but they are not in the pack, I was wondering what mod they were from? stock legs just aren't big enough!

Hey, love this pack, but I was wondering, the Honeybadger in those pics has nice big ol landing legs, but they are not in the pack, I was wondering what mod they were from? stock legs just aren't big enough!

I thought the UKS Octagonal Landing Module looked like a decent fit for it, is that not the correct usage?

I thought the UKS Octagonal Landing Module looked like a decent fit for it, is that not the correct usage?

The ones squiggsy is talking about are from Karbonite, and nothing stopping you from using the octagonal landing module if you wanted to.

The ones squiggsy is talking about are from Karbonite, and nothing stopping you from using the octagonal landing module if you wanted to.

ahah! thank you sir :) although in the end I found decent looking ones in novapunch and just scaled them up, but I will bear those ones in mind for future

After reinstalling all my mods (moving to CKAN) all of the FTT stuff moved to different nodes. The current config seems much easier. one of the SETI-CTT people says nothing changed on their end. Anything change on yours, or did I hit a bug?

After reinstalling all my mods (moving to CKAN) all of the FTT stuff moved to different nodes. The current config seems much easier. one of the SETI-CTT people says nothing changed on their end. Anything change on yours, or did I hit a bug?

You should read back a page. IIRC Roverdude hasn't gotten to updating FTT for the new CTT yet.

The LH2 tanks are both unrealistically bad and unable to compete with the stock LV-N (assuming you have a lot of them)

The Saturn C-5N specification has a wet/dry ratio of 5:1[1], including the engine. This suggests the 87% fuel standard set by stock 3.75m liquidfuel tanks is much more realistic for nuclear thermal fuel mass, and leaves the LV-N (in sufficient numbers) far better despite your engines better TWR and isp (for comparison, USI H2 tanks range from 47% to 60% fuel by mass).

[1] http://www.astronautix.com/lvs/satrnc5n.htm

I did a lot of math on this earlier, I believe it's rovers intention to use an 11% dry mass like stock tanks.

Liquid hydrogen storage is terribly bad compared to highly stable liquid fuel, and even to liquid oxygen, a full hydrogen tank weighs almost nothing compared to a similar sized fuel tank, and it's dry weight is only slightly lower. I believe the space shuttles combined hydrogen/ oxygen tank had a dry mass of close to 25%(for the hydrogen portion) before significant lightening later in the program.

You are right though, at the moment the dry mass is over 50% but I managed to get enough dV to haul 2000 tons from duna with only 12 large tanks.

Even after they are fixed you will still need a high volume of tanks because they're so light.

What we need is some really enormous tanks. The current biggest hydrogen fuel tank typically ends up used in clusters of a dozen or more. Perhaps a super cluster part made up of these tanks, or a really structural truss with configurable fuel tanks that can be the solid spine of your FTT ships and stations, i'm talking a truss section as thick as the biggest hydrogen tank in diameter and tall as the VAB

Er, well personally I altered the karborundum tanks into 15 meter diameter 2 million liter hydrogen tanks, they're still damn light though. Less than 160 tons, the same tank modified for LFO at stock storage density holds 250,000 LFO, which weighs 1250 tons.

Hey guys from UMBRA.

Im looking for a mod of yours who has a series of containers, and in one of then i can use it to store ORE. its a big black container

in wich mod is it? thank you

Those are stock containers. Though the FTT ones and the new ones in MKS can also store Ore.

Those are stock containers. Though the FTT ones and the new ones in MKS can also store Ore.

the FTT ones cannot store ORE, its MettalicORE (its not the same, right?)

but i guess the ones im asking is from MKS. thanks, downloading right now

i use to have all of then, but 4 days a go i just lost my hd, 1tb of everything on my life ;_;

after not killink myself, im rebuilding my ksp from scrath \:

update ===

found, its the new Kontainers from MKS ((:

Edited by nfpinto

the FTT ones cannot store ORE, its MettalicORE (its not the same, right?)

but i guess the ones im asking is from MKS. thanks, downloading right now

i use to have all of then, but 4 days a go i just lost my hd, 1tb of everything on my life ;_;

after not killink myself, im rebuilding my ksp from scrath \:

Well, the stock ones are black, but yeah, it's possible you're thinking of the new ones in MKS. I don't think the 'wet' tanks, which are black, store ore though.

I have seen a review video of this mod in which stated that karbonite is required to use this. Is this still the case?

No, Karbonite is not required, but it does use ORSX, a fork/extension of ORS. (It comes prepackaged with it)

If you're concerned about dependencies, I would recommend using CKAN. It handles all the dependencies for you.

No, Karbonite is not required, but it does use ORSX, a fork/extension of ORS. (It comes prepackaged with it)

If you're concerned about dependencies, I would recommend using CKAN. It handles all the dependencies for you.

Uh, no, ORSX/ORS has been depreciated like, forever.

Uh, no, ORSX/ORS has been depreciated like, forever.

Hm. Well, OP does say that it uses ORSX, although at a second glance, the changelog on the OP hasn't been updated since 0.90 either.

- - - Updated - - -

To be fair, I do use CKAN, and I knew for a fact that Karbonite was not required, as it is not one of the dependencies there.

TBH I wouldn't trust CKAN either, I've had a dozen problems so far with out of date plugins being installed by it, and twice as many mods updated and functional but not listed on CKAN.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.