[1.12.x] Asteroid Recycling Technologies

RoverDude

Full of bees? Does that mean that it won't work?

From seeing it a few times, the context suggests to me that "bees" is the KSP community's way of saying bugs. Or it's RoverDude's way of saying that and it's spread.

Hello.

This mod actually Looking good.

I just have a little problem with the 0.6.1. (assume right now this is tha latest)

Asteroid menu is totaly different in the 0.6.1. as well as the claw's menu. They are not the same as in the video.

So I haven't got option to melt rock.

Just start/stop minning Which is not doing anything but the particle effect.

So no rock I can Get. Therefor the converter won't working nor the space inside asteroids.

What am I missing here?

(Sorry for my english)

Hello.

This mod actually Looking good.

I just have a little problem with the 0.6.1. (assume right now this is tha latest)

Asteroid menu is totaly different in the 0.6.1. as well as the claw's menu. They are not the same as in the video.

So I haven't got option to melt rock.

Just start/stop minning Which is not doing anything but the particle effect.

So no rock I can Get. Therefor the converter won't working nor the space inside asteroids.

What am I missing here?

(Sorry for my english)

You are missing the 5 posts directly above you as well as the title stating this mod is currently full of bees (aka broken and unstable).

No worries, basically I am reworking part of this mod as a lot of stuff changed.

Reworking it to include the Asetroid Cities parts ? ... I love these parts, would miss them way too much, I wonder how it has changed ... have use prob size calws too scan .. then build A small workable base (like MKS/OKS stuff) then man it and can use it....arg I cant wait ...

Anyhow Thanks for all your Effeort and taking over Asteroid Cities.

Just A what if ... instead of turning the Asteroid into Tanks ... Have them carve out rooms for A base. Could have them carve out 1/2 of the side of a Asteroid making it concave and work as A super Dish (that works with remote-tech) ... add A side has windows (rooms)... A small rail that rings around the asteroid and we could attach stuff to it ... say A solar panel or small antenna so we can adjust it too follow the sun / target. You could have internal parts that count and work .. but are not floating in space and wont effect the physx / part count. What/how much all could be add is based on the mass of the asteroid. So many things I would love too see. Anyhow thats just me dreaming.

Thank you.

I do re read all the posts recently (after I wrote that) Sorry not I am not a master forumer...

My setup is perfectly match for those cases (have AVC, all mods are up to date...etc.)

So I have to wait Roverdude's rework :D

Roverdude: I found another Slightly annoying bug. I made a "station" with a xenon hatch base and robotics engineered jaws.

After attached this to an asteroid (throught the xeon hatch) made the robotic arms to push the jaws to attach. They are attached perfectly.

But When I try "start mining" with them I get an error "not connected directly to an asteroid"

So Is it possible to redo something in order to work with multiple attached jaws as well as hatches?

Some more xeon collection method also should be nice (xeon is neglected heavy in KSP)

Oh and the best part I do really love the idea of using asteroid some more than just tow them around. Thank you.

Looking forward impatiently for the update (rework).

Very interesting. I'm installing it now after a good ole fashion apicide.

TAC-LS support would be amazing. Such as parts that extract rock's trace nitrates and hydrocarbons (Waste resource), water, and gases (CO2 and O2 resources).

Edited by Invader Myk

I've been wondering about doing something in regards with permanent outposts.

In the ART (Asteroid parts) of Umbra Space Industries conglomerate we can hollow out an asteroid for storage...

I was thinking... If we used a drill on a planet, to create an underground space, it would be possible to have underground facilities.

I've writen somewhat of a white paper on the USI Dev Thread regarding functionalities which could be added to ART when the cat herding season is back... basically, use ART to also enable construction of underground facilities on regular planetary bodies, not just asteroids... more details in the other post, but I'm open to discussing the ideas here, if they relate to ART's future. :)

Edited by Cairan
Correct reference to ART, not AMT!

y0, I know R.D. was issued a rifle, helmet, and dog tags... I was playing career mode and was told to drag a class E asteroid back to Deen (a tiny moon of Minmus, okay, I run too many mods. 8P )

Anyway, the asteroid turns out to be a 2,850 ton monster, so I deploy my old asteroid steering cluster to it too. It's a pain to deploy sixteen of those little probes, but I did... Anyway, I'm all set up. Naturally, a critical part of my mission plan is to use the rock itself as fuel to get it into the specified orbit. Well, the drill simply would not drill... It complains "not enough power" when I have over 9,000 units of EC available, I dragged an entire thermal nukular(sic) reactor up there mainly to power that drill... ...??? I must have a version conflict somewhere. =\

y0, I know R.D. was issued a rifle, helmet, and dog tags... I was playing career mode and was told to drag a class E asteroid back to Deen (a tiny moon of Minmus, okay, I run too many mods. 8P )

Anyway, the asteroid turns out to be a 2,850 ton monster, so I deploy my old asteroid steering cluster to it too. It's a pain to deploy sixteen of those little probes, but I did... Anyway, I'm all set up. Naturally, a critical part of my mission plan is to use the rock itself as fuel to get it into the specified orbit. Well, the drill simply would not drill... It complains "not enough power" when I have over 9,000 units of EC available, I dragged an entire thermal nukular(sic) reactor up there mainly to power that drill... ...??? I must have a version conflict somewhere. =\

@AlonzoTG, I see the same thing - insufficient power after coming back to a mining installation after a while. I've tinkered and found that new 'fresh' attached mining vehicles work fine. If you jump to some other vessel and come back after a while you get "Insufficient Power" when you try to mine stuff. I dug through the code and found a few things it might be, but these are only suspicions right now.

@AlonzoTG, I see the same thing - insufficient power after coming back to a mining installation after a while. I've tinkered and found that new 'fresh' attached mining vehicles work fine. If you jump to some other vessel and come back after a while you get "Insufficient Power" when you try to mine stuff. I dug through the code and found a few things it might be, but these are only suspicions right now.

So are you saying that I can't mine because not enough EC?

RpMZiOW.png

sQGDTxf.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.