Jump to content

Kethane Station Discussion


Recommended Posts

thanks

Also, can we make like boarding craft for the series that use the grabber to latch on to enemy craft and shove them out of the way or shoot roket blasts into them with sepratrons or things like that? like a missile with sepratrons facing forward to fire once you attach to shred whatever is in the way?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Question for @HatBat again, do you plan on including any post-GMI KSC shots in the next episode? I just got a tank, the airdrop tank destroyer and a logistics truck chassis with AA gun or kethane tanks ready, and was wondering if I should bother submitting them. Pics related are a turbojet and fuel cell version of the tank.

3LTL88h.png

q8vuA3y.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Question for @HatBat again, do you plan on including any post-GMI KSC shots in the next episode? I just got a tank, the airdrop tank destroyer and a logistics truck chassis with AA gun or kethane tanks ready, and was wondering if I should bother submitting them. Pics related are a turbojet and fuel cell version of the tank.

Yeah, that's the plan.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@HatBat Could you tell me what mod and texture pack you are using to make bill's suit orange please? 

Also, would you mind if I set my new story "Duna Raiders" which follows the Duna Initiative, a section of F-Tech trying to set up a permanent foothold in the Duna system, in the world of Kethane Station? It would be post Siege of Kerbin, and non-canon, of course.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@HatBat Could you tell me what mod and texture pack you are using to make bill's suit orange please? 

Also, would you mind if I set my new story "Duna Raiders" which follows the Duna Initiative, a section of F-Tech trying to set up a permanent foothold in the Duna system, in the world of Kethane Station? It would be post Siege of Kerbin, and non-canon, of course.

 

Sure, feel free. The textures for the orange suits are from Green Skull Inc for TextureReplacer.

Link to post
Share on other sites

CMAU Incorporated is back up! It may be a bit before we can compile our submission, but we are officially reopening for business, after a few months break! We are glad to be back, and hope to make many vehicles for the cause of HKA!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2017 at 1:40 PM, Sidestrafe2462 said:

thanks

Also, can we make like boarding craft for the series that use the grabber to latch on to enemy craft and shove them out of the way or shoot roket blasts into them with sepratrons or things like that? like a missile with sepratrons facing forward to fire once you attach to shred whatever is in the way?

hello?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

hello?

No, I don't see how that would work in the pseudo-realtime combat of the show.

8 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

and can we get downloads to the gmi craft in Siege of kerbin?

I've added a few more to the library. If what you're looking for isn't there then just ask, although I may not have it.

Edited by HatBat
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

you know if you used mods in space you could stick small warheads on the end of rail missiles and use infernal robotics to make a turret. Just thinking.

See previous reasons why mods are not used:

-compatibility

-general glitches

-creativity

BD is allowed in atmosphere because it is incredibly hard to make Anti-air missiles and in atmosphere weapons that are stock. Rail missiles can do significant damage when designed well and they don't vaporize whatever they hit. This makes the combat more interesting because a hit doesn't necessarily equate to a kill.

FYI- Docking craft are nice, but with modern tech, they are not very practical. They might work for attacking undefended stations, but any military craft could just shoot it...

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

I know, but if one could get close enouge and use them like a dual purpose missile..... and with mods I know it was a thought

Problem with mods is that it makes any kind of stock armor useless. Just try shooting at a 10 2x2 thick armor plate with even the M230, and it's going to be destroyed pretty quickly. There's no armor mod for now, so we have to make do with stock weapons in space.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NotAnAimbot said:

Problem with mods is that it makes any kind of stock armor useless. Just try shooting at a 10 2x2 thick armor plate with even the M230, and it's going to be destroyed pretty quickly. There's no armor mod for now, so we have to make do with stock weapons in space.

I basically agree, in my own research, I found that the best armor is layers of 2x2 metal panels separated by octags. Spreads heat and impact. 4 layers can take a lot of heat and structural damage. Problem is, that is ultra heavy and part abundant. Especially combined with its limited use, this weighs things on the side of the guns heavily, especially in vacuum. It could be argued that this is already the case with stock vacuum missiles, since putting an i-beam on the front will deal lots of damage, but I believe the fact that stock missiles have to be personally flown makes it both more awesome and partially evens the odds. There are no comparable armor mods at the moment, as @NotAnAimbot so kindly stated, but @Sidestrafe2462 if you would like to work on one, we would support you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Mycroft for your armour, were you testing against Stock or BDA weapons? If you mean stock, then I agree except that I would use half structual plates vertically, as it is higher impact tolerance. As for the stock missiles in vacuum, I don't think personal piloting makes a difference. If the missile is going 0.0ms relative velocity to the target, you can press target hold on sas, full throttle and hit perfectly on the centre of mass every time, which just isn't possible at long ranges with manual control.  My go to missile does this, it is fired from 1.5km away, has an ant engine for fine tuning exact relative speed,  impacts at around 350-400m/s and deals at least moderate damage to everything I've fired it at. (I've fired it at ALOT of ships, most of them weren't built by me) If you were talking about BDA combat, ignore this as I don't like modded combat and don't use mods. :)

Edited by MiffedStarfish
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

@Mycroft for your armour, were you testing against Stock or BDA weapons? If you mean stock, then I agree except that I would use half structual plates vertically, as it is higher impact tolerance. As for the stock missiles in vacuum, I don't think personal piloting makes a difference. If the missile is going 0.0ms relative velocity to the target, you can press target hold on sas, full throttle and hit perfectly on the centre of mass every time, which just isn't possible at long ranges with manual control.  My go to missile does this, it is fired from 1.5km away, has an ant engine for fine tuning exact relative speed,  impacts at around 350-400m/s and deals at least moderate damage to everything I've fired it at. (I've fired it at ALOT of ships, most of them weren't built by me) If you were talking about BDA combat, ignore this as I don't like modded combat and don't use mods. :)

Two things. First, My armor was tested against modded weapons of just about any variety i could find. Secondly, about stock vacuum missiles, that would be true if the targeting system targeted the CoM. Sadly for the missiles, it does not. It targets the first part. So creators like me can make it harder for attackers by offsetting the first part as I did on my Andromeda (https://kerbalx.com/Mycroft_33/Andromeda), rendering that feature useless at best, or at worst, a lot less useful. And yes I found that relative speeds in excess of 250m/s do lots of damage, and oddly enough, my armor does actually work on it, but not super well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That makes sense, but all I would have to do to counter it would be to angle myself top down at ship, then count on my missiles phasing abilities to pass through the thin plate and hopefully into your ship.

Edited by MiffedStarfish
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/16/2017 at 2:56 PM, Mycroft said:

I basically agree, in my own research, I found that the best armor is layers of 2x2 metal panels separated by octags. Spreads heat and impact. 4 layers can take a lot of heat and structural damage. Problem is, that is ultra heavy and part abundant. Especially combined with its limited use, this weighs things on the side of the guns heavily, especially in vacuum. It could be argued that this is already the case with stock vacuum missiles, since putting an i-beam on the front will deal lots of damage, but I believe the fact that stock missiles have to be personally flown makes it both more awesome and partially evens the odds. There are no comparable armor mods at the moment, as @NotAnAimbot so kindly stated, but @Sidestrafe2462 if you would like to work on one, we would support you. 

what about heat shields?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sidestrafe2462 said:

what about heat shields?

Useless, decorative at best. They even die from physical impacts that don't destroy structural plates. I've figured that a lot when driving the T-942/W2A1 around the KSC and hitting obstacles, hence 1x1 plates now added to the side armor. Pic shows a heat shield (rightmost) having been destroyed while the plate underneath it is fine.

LIZmzje.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

hey is anyone else having a problem with their tank wheels? I'm getting a but where they literally shake themselves until they break.

 

I'm having this problem with a new tank i'm building, and it weighs 25,972 Kg and uses 4 TR-2L's. Not sure if it helps, but im just putting it out there.

 

Edit: I've just realized I've asked this question before, please ignore this post.

 

Edited by Greymangames
I've asked this before
Link to post
Share on other sites
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...