[1.x+] Community Resource Pack

RoverDude

• 2 weeks later...
I just noticed NeonGas is missing in CRP Dev, why was it left out, forgotten?

Toss in a pull request :)

- - - Updated - - -

Random question, how do you guys balance resources costs in KSP?

Do you assume some conversion ratio between USD and Kerbal currency?

Up to the modders - NFT and USI use 1 fund = $5 (2015)

rgr,

IMHO LqdHe3 should be more expensive assuming it's future economic potential and increasing price (now it's 2 funds per unit, economic potential = 534 funds per unit)

Thought exercise: A mod to make all resources put up on a stock market-ish sytem and dynamically update pricing in the VAB/SPH. I hate me me too, it's O.K.

inversely ThF4 price seems to a bit high

http://www.mpbio.com/product.php?pid=05203827&country=21

RL price = 67.1 EUR for 100g

and current CRP price is 716 funds per unit

---------------------------------------

Another thing is UraniumNitride, 3718 funds per unit; taking into consideration KSPI 1 fund = 1000 USD is it really that expensive?

I am sure this has been discussed before, but why do all resources except stock LFO assume 1L units while stock LFO appears to be 5L units? Or did stock tanks not really standardize their fuel volumes? Trying to understand the standard unit sizes since with 1L units the tanks I made hold a lot more stuff now...

I am sure this has been discussed before, but why do all resources except stock LFO assume 1L units while stock LFO appears to be 5L units? Or did stock tanks not really standardize their fuel volumes? Trying to understand the standard unit sizes since with 1L units the tanks I made hold a lot more stuff now...
Well the 1 Unit =1L is a very convenient measure, the same measure is used everywhere. The Stock resource are Kerbalised version of real resources and are semi realisitic at best.

- - - Updated - - -

inversely ThF4 price seems to a bit high

http://www.mpbio.com/product.php?pid=05203827&country=21

RL price = 67.1 EUR for 100g

and current CRP price is 716 funds per unit

---------------------------------------

Another thing is UraniumNitride, 3718 funds per unit; taking into consideration KSPI 1 fund = 1000 USD is it really that expensive?

I based to cost ThF4 proportinal to the cost of Enriched Uranium and existing price proportions. But I admit I haven't give it much attention. Notice there is a big difference between Raw resource, and a resource enriched / upgraded enough for energy production.

- - - Updated - - -

Thought exercise: A mod to make all resources put up on a stock market-ish sytem and dynamically update pricing in the VAB/SPH. I hate me me too, it's O.K.

Actualy, something like this already exist [0.25] ResourceRecovery for KSPI, EL and Kethan DevThread [alpha download] It contains the beginings of a stock market. It could be developed further in a resource stock market in which cost becomes determined by demand and supply. THis means, if you start using a lot of Tritium, the price would sky rocket foring you to look for alternative energy sources like ThoriumFloride ;)

Edited by FreeThinker

Question about playing nice with CRP.

Working on writing a resources mod, and since every installed resource will show up in planetary scans, I don't want to include the CRP with my download. But just in case someone has it installed with another mod I want to be able to play nice. Where this becomes a problem is I want my mod to have water and xenon.

Can simply include the configs from CRP? as long as I don't modify them?

Well what I mean is Xenon doesn't have any resource configs for mining in stock, like biomes or whatever. Ore is the only stock resource when speaking about ISRU

So I would simply use the CRP config for that and water so that my numbers would match CRP, but wasn't sure how things would work if someone installed both.

Well Xenon is stock so that's easy ;)

Just include your own definition of water that has the same stats.

Best bet is to never include an altered CRP as that causes all kinds of issues.

If you want to make sure that the CRP definition wins if it ever changes, ModuleManager can do that. Write your fallback definition as "RESOURCE:FOR[MyMod]:NEEDS[!CommunityResourcePack]".

Hello,

Well it might as well be my own in a way; I have yet to send out my copy to you all maybe I can send it to pastebin...it is only the main cfg; I dont use Rego Resources nor do I use the folders data; they are removed in my game.

There seems to be a problem they are saying that CRP is causing missing parts:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/117613-After-reverting-to-SPH-VAB-the-parts-don-t-show-%28

They said the problem was solved but I made a post contrary to that I dont think that CRP is the entire problem but that it could be part of it and I am curious to follow up on exactly what their problem was; I suggested to remove the folders and retry...

Sounds like you are doing ALOT here and I would like to know how this is being incorporated; you said water was added to DUNA; per se; what scanning and detection is used; is this purely for MKS mining for Karbonite?

I also wanted to add that in my resource SIM I take any ice and/or water and call it wastewater; even salt water is now a resource for me; it is mined; the salt is extracted; what is left is wastewater which is then treated.

Finding drinking water on a moon or planet is not very realistic; this is just a suggestion.

I use Kethane and I can setup any resource I want and mine it; it works like a charm; in fact it seems to work better in 1.0; I want to use both resource methods; this means I have to add those folders; I dont think there is any conflict, but I had problems with ScanSat; I think you are all using an MKS Scanner now???

First there was MapSat, then ScanSat...now we have Squad's rendition...I use CRP's main CFG and Kethane and it beats them all; I havnt totally looked at your scanning deployments....also WarpPlugin has one that works as well; it is kind of odd and funny looking but has purpose; dont walk into the bubble without protection from radioactivity !!

The idea of multiple scanner types is okay but can get out of hand for new players; Kethane works with the main CRP cfg alone.

Now the big problem...the Liquid Fuel / Oxidizer densities...I dunno if that is in your CRP cfg but Squad has their own which I am sure you are aware of. Comparing real world and putting in the values...breaks the rockets; I cant even get into orbit.

They have them densities set to 0.005.

Real world game-like densities are much less and the fuel is burnt off ALOT faster; I am adding a support thread for this so you all know; any input here would be nice and maybe a group effort on these densities in the support thread is more in line.

Edit: I also note that IntakeAir is at 0.005 - 5 times that of water...I am starting a thread.

Cmdr Zeta

Edited by Cdr_Zeta

It looks like the latest build of CRP on Git (version 4.0) still has a version file showing it as being 3.3. AVC is flagging it as being out of date.

However, you do look nice today.

I see this is still listed as v.90 in the OP, is this going to be depreciated now that regolith is going in to mothballs or is it something I still need for the full USI Kolony Experienceâ„¢?

Still need this as it adds all of the resource maps and such :) And I can change the OP since it's 1.0.2 compatible

Ok, but just for clarification for others who might find this thread:

People who are not mod developers do not need to download this as a stand alone package because it is already included with all your other various mod downloads that might use these resources, right?

I think I figured out getting my resource to some places and into asteroids, also get scanners to pick it up - but do I have to do anything to the stock drill for mining?

@PART[surfaceScanner]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAnalysisResource

resourceName = Nukleum

abundance = 0

}

MODULE

{

name = ModuleResourceScanner

MaxAbundanceAltitude = 500000

RequiresUnlock = true

ScannerType = 0

ResourceName = Nukleum

}

}

@PART[PotatoRoid]

{

MODULE

{

name = ModuleAsteroidResource

resourceName = Nukleum

presenceChance = 40

lowRange = 50

highRange = 75

}

}

RESOURCE_DEFINITION

{

name = Nukleum

density = 0.0075

unitCost = 1

flowMode = ALL_VESSEL

transfer = PUMP

isTweakable = false

}

GLOBAL_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Nukleum

ResourceType = 0

Distribution

{

PresenceChance = 100

MinAbundance = 1

MaxAbundance = 15

Variance = 50

Dispersal = 3

}

}

PLANETARY_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Nukleum

ResourceType = 0

PlanetName = Eve

Distribution

{

PresenceChance = 65

MinAbundance = 1

MaxAbundance = 15

Variance = 50

Dispersal = 3

}

}

PLANETARY_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Nukleum

ResourceType = 0

PlanetName = Moho

Distribution

{

PresenceChance = 45

MinAbundance = 1

MaxAbundance = 5

Variance = 50

Dispersal = 3

}

}

PLANETARY_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Nukleum

ResourceType = 0

PlanetName = Bop

Distribution

{

PresenceChance = 45

MinAbundance = 1

MaxAbundance = 5

Variance = 50

Dispersal = 3

}

}

PLANETARY_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Nukleum

ResourceType = 0

PlanetName = Sun

Distribution

{

PresenceChance = 0

MinAbundance = 0

MaxAbundance = 0

Variance = 0

Dispersal = 0

}

}

PLANETARY_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Nukleum

ResourceType = 0

PlanetName = Jool

Distribution

{

PresenceChance = 0

MinAbundance = 0

MaxAbundance = 0

Variance = 0

Dispersal = 0

}

}

BIOME_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Nukleum

ResourceType = 0

PlanetName = Eve

BiomeName = Explodium Sea

Distribution

{

PresenceChance = 0

MinAbundance = 0

MaxAbundance = 0

Variance = 0

Dispersal = 0

}

}

BIOME_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Nukleum

ResourceType = 0

PlanetName = Kerbin

BiomeName = Water

Distribution

{

PresenceChance = 0

MinAbundance = 0

MaxAbundance = 0

Variance = 0

Dispersal = 0

}

}

BIOME_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Nukleum

ResourceType = 0

PlanetName = Laythe

BiomeName = The Sagen Sea

Distribution

{

PresenceChance = 0

MinAbundance = 0

MaxAbundance = 0

Variance = 0

Dispersal = 0

}

}

BIOME_RESOURCE

{

ResourceName = Nukleum

ResourceType = 0

PlanetName = Laythe

BiomeName = Crescent Bay

Distribution

{

PresenceChance = 0

MinAbundance = 0

MaxAbundance = 0

Variance = 0

Dispersal = 0

}

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.