[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

1 hour ago, Silvarym said:

Yup, but not all. No lamps. No utilities, but in the screenshots of the addon there is a utility or something I don't understand?

Okay, exactly what parts do you expect to be there that aren't?

1 hour ago, Silvarym said:

Yup, but not all. No lamps. No utilities, but in the screenshots of the addon there is a utility or something I don't understand?

The HX series does not contain such parts. It is mostly fuselage parts, engines, rcs and a special reactor.

9 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Okay, exactly what parts do you expect to be there that aren't?

Well, if vaguely, in the Russian-speaking communities use about this addon. It is ideal for the construction of dreadnoughts. Windows, antenna, says it all in it. From Robbaz (English youtuber) is the same of this addon.The more I think I has butter fingers

47 minutes ago, Grease1991 said:

so is there any way to get the original landing gear from b9 in 1.2.2 at least until AGL gets updated

Probably not, due to Unity 5 wheel shenanigans.

Wheels from KSP 1.0.5 and earlier (Unity 4) do not work in KSP 1.1.0 and later (Unity 5).

2 minutes ago, King Something said:

Probably not, due to Unity 5 wheel shenanigans.

Wheels from KSP 1.0.5 and earlier (Unity 4) do not work in KSP 1.1.0 and later (Unity 5).

ah, I was hoping cause the original b9 gear (unless i'm wrong) seemed like it was just a better looking version of the stock gear with a couple variations, unlike AGL which had a lot more things going on with it.

Just now, Grease1991 said:

ah, I was hoping cause the original b9 gear (unless i'm wrong) seemed like it was just a better looking version of the stock gear with a couple variations, unlike AGL which had a lot more things going on with it.

I would like that as well. Sadly, it currently is not possible.

Yeah, unfortunately with the U5 wheel collider stuff the landing gear would have to be completely reconfigured, and right now I don't even have the time to figure out what would be required there, let alone actually do it.  Especially without access to the original models.  If someone else wants to take a stab at it though, I and I'm sure everyone else would greatly appreciate it

41 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Yeah, unfortunately with the U5 wheel collider stuff the landing gear would have to be completely reconfigured, and right now I don't even have the time to figure out what would be required there, let alone actually do it.  Especially without access to the original models.  If someone else wants to take a stab at it though, I and I'm sure everyone else would greatly appreciate it

I know it's slight off topic but is there a way to open the squad models in unity and see how they did it, I'd be up for dusting off my 3d modeling skills and just making a set of various landing gears if i knew what i was doing with them. 

I'd imagine if there was then someone would have already done it but i thought i would ask.

39 minutes ago, CheckYoStaging said:

Well, not sure what to say, since you definitely don't have B9 installed here.

Also, you have the mod "Kerbol_StarSystem" installed incorrectly.  Might want to re-read the installation instructions for that.

Edited by blowfish

4 minutes ago, A_Blackhawks_Fan said:

Does B9 still require FAR or does it now work with the stock aerodynamics. Just curious since FAR still hasn't been updated for 1.2.2.

B9 never explicitly required FAR, and it stopped being recommended after the 1.0 stock aero changes.

2 hours ago, Wowy said:

I can't find most of the parts in my game... did I mess up the install?

It would be a reasonable bet.  Try starting from scratch and following the installation instructions exactly.  If you're still having problems, please read "How to get support" in my signature.  It will tell you how to post the info I need to debug your problem (the log is very important so don't forget that).

Just now, blowfish said:

It would be a reasonable bet.  Try starting from scratch and following the installation instructions exactly.  If you're still having problems, please read "How to get support" in my signature.  It will tell you how to post the info I need to debug your problem (the log is very important so don't forget that).

So I think I got it, there alot more parts now... what manufacturer B9 parts are listed as?

14 minutes ago, Starslinger999 said:

Quick question: Why are there no Spaceplane Landing gear in this mod anymore?

The stock landing gear that are big enough for my spaceplane have no steering. So i need the B9 Gear.

Plz Help

The Unity 5 upgrade broke all existing landing gear in KSP.  Without access to the original source files (which I don't have) it would be almost impossible to fix them.

18 hours ago, blowfish said:

The Unity 5 upgrade broke all existing landing gear in KSP.  Without access to the original source files (which I don't have) it would be almost impossible to fix them.

:( RIP, Oh well. Ill go get Adjustable landing gear or something instead.