[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

9 minutes ago, _Astra_ said:

The last version is 2.7.0 one week old.

So one needs updating the SmokeScreen MOD urgently?

It increases a bit dependency on other mods, isn't ?

Yes, it depends on the most recent release of SmokeScreen.  That version is included in the download.

Maybe it means a couple of people will post here asking why their effects aren't showing up, but the answer is known, and there's really no reason not to update.

5 hours ago, _Astra_ said:

Texture 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Intake_Ramp/model001' not found!

Could you log an issue for this at Github?  I suspect that it's always been this way and that the warning is harmless, but probably worth just putting a placeholder texture there to suppress it.

4 hours ago, _Astra_ said:

The CDP node is always crossfeeding.

It's set up the same way as the stock docking port.  Does the "disable crossfeed" button show up?  Is it not working? (as always, more detailed bug reports are helpful!)

9 hours ago, _Astra_ said:

Texture 'B9_Aerospace/Parts/Aero_Intake_Ramp/model001' not found!

I doubt that this is something of substance as well. There are three parts in this folder, not one of them is without a texture. This looks like a old leftover warning that never got properly adressed.

@blowfish  I also had a look at the crossfeed issue. The crossfeed happens even when the funtion is not enabled. Thank you for reporting the issue @_Astra_ :)

Edited by Flashblade
Some testing

I'll look into the crossfeed issue, but I don't see any major differences in the configs that would point to what's causing the issue.  As far as I can tell, everything relevant is the same as the stock docking port.

41 minutes ago, blowfish said:

I'll look into the crossfeed issue, but I don't see any major differences in the configs that would point to what's causing the issue.  As far as I can tell, everything relevant is the same as the stock docking port.

@blowfish I don't think this is a B9 problem. I just replaced the CDP with a normal clamp-o-tron and although crossfeed was disabled fuel was still available to an engine that was seperated from the tank through the docking port.

Update no need to look my friend. B9 is not the cause for this. There must be another mod causing this.

Edited by Flashblade
More testing

16 hours ago, blowfish said:

It worked fine for me when I tested it...

I'm sorry Blowfish. I believe I must have been too hasty in my assessment of the new mod. You are correct. I must have not expanded the port that first time I looked at it in the SPH which hides the node (which is great by the way)

Thank you for adding this and I'm sorry I missed it.

2 hours ago, Flashblade said:

@blowfish I don't think this is a B9 problem. I just replaced the CDP with a normal clamp-o-tron and although crossfeed was disabled fuel was still available to an engine that was seperated from the tank through the docking port.

Update no need to look my friend. B9 is not the cause for this. There must be another mod causing this.

I retract this statement mate, i have narrowed it down to our engines. disabling crossfeed works with stock engines but for some reason that doesn't become obvious from our cfg's our engines ignore this and we are not the only ones. It happens with OPT as well.

20 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

I retract this statement mate, i have narrowed it down to our engines. disabling crossfeed works with stock engines but for some reason that doesn't become obvious from our cfg's our engines ignore this and we are not the only ones. It happens with OPT as well.

Well that's a place to start at least.  Which engine were you using?

2 hours ago, shuttle18 said:

May I ask what the difference from B9 HX and B9 is.

The two options are presented on the github.

Welcome to the forums!  The HX pack contains the blocky sci-fi parts you may see in some pictures.

2 hours ago, CheckYoStaging said:

My kerbal's portraits aren't on my screen, and I can't use IVA.

Do you have the latest version of RPM installed?  Should be 0.28.0

58 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Well that's a place to start at least.  Which engine were you using?

@blowfishI have checked them all now and it is basically split down the middle. About half work right and the other half doesn't. I put the list of my findings on github. This mystifies me because there doesn't seem to be anything in the configs that acts as an override.

The engines are fixed now, new release coming soon. :D

Edited by Flashblade
Problem fixed

I haven't checked latest build, I'm still on KSP 1.2.1, so take that with a grain of salt. But, it seems for some strange reason that RCS build aid can't recognize thrust from turbofan engine.

Actualy, can't recognize thrust from any engine from B9. Including sabre engines. Not a very big deal, but it would be nice if it can be fixed prior next patch.

8 hours ago, kcs123 said:

I haven't checked latest build, I'm still on KSP 1.2.1, so take that with a grain of salt. But, it seems for some strange reason that RCS build aid can't recognize thrust from turbofan engine.

Actualy, can't recognize thrust from any engine from B9. Including sabre engines. Not a very big deal, but it would be nice if it can be fixed prior next patch.

Can't reproduce this issue on the latest release.  Not sure what would have changed from the last one, but if the issue persists after moving to 1.2.2 and updating you mods, please verify that stock engines behave different than B9 engines in this scenario and provide a log.

1 hour ago, Silvarym said:

Where HX parts? I have 3 folders in gamedata: B9_Aerospace, B9_Aerospace_HX and B9_Aerospace_Legacy. If you don't count all the ancillary and necessary for this addon. What's the problem?

Screenshot 1

Screenshot 2

Welcome to the forum!

I can't immediately identify a problem from your screenshots, so I will need to see KSP's log to understand what's going on.  Instructions on how to find and upload it are in the "How to get support" link in my signature

Is anyone else having problems with github? I've tried to download this from several computers at two different locations and with different browsers. Sometimes it will download a bunch before it stops and fails, and sometimes it will only get a mb or two.

59 minutes ago, mharkan1 said:

Is anyone else having problems with github? I've tried to download this from several computers at two different locations and with different browsers. Sometimes it will download a bunch before it stops and fails, and sometimes it will only get a mb or two.

possibly a GH issue then .. try again later (had this too, I suppose they use mirror servers and it will become available again, once they fixed that)

15 hours ago, blowfish said:

Welcome to the forum!

I can't immediately identify a problem from your screenshots, so I will need to see KSP's log to understand what's going on.  Instructions on how to find and upload it are in the "How to get support" link in my signature

Here:

Log (14.2 MB)

Edited by Silvarym

30 minutes ago, blowfish said:

Pretty much everything looks fine there.  Are you sure they're not showing up?  Try starting a new sandbox game, and look in the structural tab in the SPH or VAB.

Yup, but not all. No lamps. No utilities, but in the screenshots of the addon there is a utility or something I don't understand?

Edited by Silvarym