[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

7 minutes ago, Jivaii said:

RPM officially updated today! Hopefully we get to see a B9 release soon?

It is basically just a matter of packaging RPM into the pre-release and the few changes that were made after that and we are good to go. I guess as soon as @blowfish finds the time to do it! :cool:

33 minutes ago, Flashblade said:

It is basically just a matter of packaging RPM into the pre-release and the few changes that were made after that and we are good to go. I guess as soon as @blowfish finds the time to do it! :cool:

Is there a reason why all the S2 and S2 Wide parts in the pre-release pack only have "size2" and "srf" listed as "bulkheadProfiles"? It gets kind of difficult to find the parts you want like that, especially since most those parts *aren't* actually size2 (2.5 meters) and shouldn't be listed among the rocket parts...

I did some testing earlier for OPT Space Planes and it looks like the filters (both stock and FilterExtensions, though you'll need to add an entry in the CFG for the latter) will handle bulkheadProfiles names with spaces in them, so I'm thinking about doing the same thing I did for OPT, and add "B9 S2" and "B9 S2W" as appropriate to all the parts, write a patch for the FilterExtensions CFG, and zip up and post the whole thing. Would be a little more complicated than for OPT since the B9 parts aren't in one big folder though...

Edit: Also, I know the old MK2 parts are named that because they always have been, but given that the stock Mk2 is the same as B9s Mk2b, wouldn't it easier to just roll with it and use a different bulkheadProfile for the older MK2 parts so they sort separately?

Edited by Winchester

15 minutes ago, Winchester said:

Is there a reason why all the S2 and S2 Wide parts in the pre-release pack only have "size2" and "srf" listed as "bulkheadProfiles"? It gets kind of difficult to find the parts you want like that, especially since most those parts *aren't* actually size2 (2.5 meters) and shouldn't be listed among the rocket parts...

I did some testing earlier for OPT Space Planes and it looks like the filters (both stock and FilterExtensions, though you'll need to add an entry in the CFG for the latter) will handle bulkheadProfiles names with spaces in them, so I'm thinking about doing the same thing I did for OPT, and add "B9 S2" and "B9 S2W" as appropriate to all the parts, write a patch for the FilterExtensions CFG, and zip up and post the whole thing. Would be a little more complicated than for OPT since the B9 parts aren't in one big folder though...

Edit: Also, I know the old MK2 parts are named that because they always have been, but given that the stock Mk2 is the same as B9s Mk2b, wouldn't it easier to just roll with it and use a different bulkheadProfile for the older MK2 parts so they sort separately?

Yes there was a reason and that reason was that we did not want to have modded profiles that require FilterExtensions, because we are generally in the process of eliminating as many dependencies as is feasable. Therefor we instead selected profiles that are close to the right size and function.

Edited by Flashblade

Just now, Flashblade said:

Yes there was a reason and that reason was that we did not want to have modded profiles that require FilterExtensions, because we are generally in the process of eliminating as many dependencies as is feasable. Therefor we instead selected profiles that are close to the right size.

You've lost me. How is FilterExtensions a dependency if custom bulkheadProfiles work fine in stock, other than having no icon of their own? And also, how is Size 2 "close to the right size" for S2 Wide? Also, the switch is incomplete since the HX parts still do have their own cross sections...

B9 Aerospace v6.2.1 for KSP 1.2.2 is here!

• For KSP 1.2.2
  • Replace remaining firespitter animation modules with ModuleAnimateGeneric
  • Add EVA range to some animations
  • Fix RPM color tags
  • Remove hover function from VTOLs as it was causing them to overheating
  • Add editor-attachable node to shielded docking port
  • Use new SmokeScreen feature to reduce memory consuption of exhaust effects

As usual, will show up on CKAN when it automatically re-indexes.

19 minutes ago, CheckYoStaging said:

I'm having some trouble getting the hx addon to install.  I pasted it into my gamedata folder, but nothing is happening.

The HX install zip has a GameData folder inside it.  You need to take everything in that GameData folder and put it into your existing GameData folder.

Congrats on release.

You've done a lot of work to keep this mod up.

However, seems you messed a bit with packages. For instance, Mk1 nosecones (ones for legacy Mk1 cockpit) are in main package, while rest of corresponding parts moved to Legacy pack. Same goes for Mk1 drone cores, etc.

Also, this mod desperately needs (and not only this mod) its' old wheels. Or, at least, beg BahamutoD to return & update his awesome Adjustable Landing Gears mod that matched B9 mod perfectly.

36 minutes ago, Horus said:

However, seems you messed a bit with packages. For instance, Mk1 nosecones (ones for legacy Mk1 cockpit) are in main package, while rest of corresponding parts moved to Legacy pack. Same goes for Mk1 drone cores, etc.

This hasn't changed any time recently.  I think we left it originally because it shares textures with the radial science packages which we wanted to keep.

40 minutes ago, Horus said:

Also, this mod desperately needs (and not only this mod) its' old wheels. Or, at least, beg BahamutoD to return & update his awesome Adjustable Landing Gears mod that matched B9 mod perfectly.

No disagreement there, but bringing wheels back is more work than I have time for right now (or even moreso, trying to resurrect Adjustable Landing Gear since BahamutoD seems to be absent).  In any case, I have zero desire to mess with the new stock wheel implementation, which sounds like a mess in every possible way.  This mod looks like an interesting alternative, but it would still take a fair bit of time that I just don't have right now

Hey @blowfish Per my last question about adding a node to the shielded docking port. I have a working cfg and it was as straight forward as we both thought. (Wish I would have posted this sooner, might have made it into that last release)

All I did was modify the dock / top node

PART
{
    name = B9_Utility_DockingPort_CDP
    module = Part
    author = bac9

mesh = model.mu
    scale = 1
    rescaleFactor = 1

node_attach     = 0.0, 0.0,    0.0, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0
    //node_stack_dock = 0.0, 0.3231, 0.0, 0.0,  1.0, 0.0
	node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.3231, 0.0, 0.0,  1.0, 0.0, 1

TechRequired = specializedConstruction
    entryCost = 10500
    cost = 750
    category = Coupling
    subcategory = 0
    title = CDP Shielded Docking Port

description = Aerodynamically shielded docking port. Developed for use with S2 fuselage system.
    attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 0.2
    dragModelType = default
    maximum_drag = 0.2
    minimum_drag = 0.2
    angularDrag = 0.5
    crashTolerance = 10
    breakingForce = 200
    breakingTorque = 200
    maxTemp = 2000 // = 3400
    bulkheadProfiles = mk2, size2, srf
    tags = aero connect couple dock grab join port protect shield

EFFECTS
    {
        doorMotor
        {
            AUDIO
            {
                channel = Ship
                clip = B9_Aerospace/Sounds/sound_gearRetract
                volume = 0.0 0.0
                volume = 1.0 1.0
                pitch = 0.0 0.0
                pitch = 1.0 1.0
                loop = false
            }
        }
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleDockingNode
        deployAnimationController = 1
        nodeType = size1
        //referenceAttachNode = dock
		referenceAttachNode = top
    }

MODULE
    {
        name = ModuleAnimateGeneric
        animationName = dockingport_cdp_toggle
        startEventGUIName = Open docking port shield
        endEventGUIName = Close docking port shield
        actionGUIName = Toggle docking port shield

evaDistance = 10

//startRetractEffect = doorMotor
        //startDeployEffect = doorMotor
    }
}

Oh that "Node_stack_dock" didn't show an attachment node in the SPH from what I could tell "So I changed it to "Node_stack_top"

I wonder If I was simply missing something there? I'll retry it the way you wrote it though and let you know for sure.

39 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Oh that "Node_stack_dock" didn't show an attachment node in the SPH from what I could tell "So I changed it to "Node_stack_top"

I wonder If I was simply missing something there? I'll retry it the way you wrote it though and let you know for sure.

It worked fine for me when I tested it...

Thank you.

Just a question:

• For KSP 1.2.2
  • Replace remaining firespitter animation modules with ModuleAnimateGeneric
  • Add EVA range to some animations
  • Fix RPM color tags
  • Remove hover function from VTOLs as it was causing them to overheating
  • Add editor-attachable node to shielded docking port
  • Use new SmokeScreen feature to reduce memory consuption of exhaust effects

The last version is 2.7.0 one week old.

So one needs updating the SmokeScreen MOD urgently?

It increases a bit dependency on other mods, isn't ?