[1.2.2] B9 Aerospace | Release 6.2.1 (Old Thread)

bac9

Here is the link to the updated firespitter dll, btw:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/24551-Firespitter-propeller-plane-and-helicopter-parts-v6-3-5-(Sep-1st)-for-KSP-0-24-2?p=1603900&viewfull=1#post1603900

Mind it sounds like there might remain some bugs, tho.

Edited by Temeter

Updating the mk2 shape is pretty labor intensive work sadly, I can't find a good workflow to edit the models in bulk and load them into Unity/KSP, it's tedious as a word I can't use here to do them one at a time and do all the steps from modo to unity to KSP for each part.

I don't envy you trying that at all. If it were I making decisions I'd just leave them as they are, tbh - although at least the textures are reasonably simple & not likely to look terrible if they get stretched ( cue shouts from repainters ... ). The parts would look really odd plugged into Porkjet's anyway I think, the texture style is radically different. All I miss are the SPP cockpits and an engine adapter you can add vertical tails to without gaps :P a Mk2-HL adapter seems something a B9 user is not likely to use much.

As an addendum - yep, Porkjet did a good job matching stock, I just don't like a bunch of aircraft-esque parts which look like they're made of random offcuts of plate ( ala side of the Mk3 tanks ).

As an addendum - yep, Porkjet did a good job matching stock, I just don't like a bunch of aircraft-esque parts which look like they're made of random offcuts of plate ( ala side of the Mk3 tanks ).

For some reason, that is how I imagine the kerbals actually build those parts.

Just wanted to say I'm looking forward to a B9 update for this new version of KSP because it's got lot's that the original game doesn't have like good looking parts, sensibly shaped parts and so and so forth, then there's the wings and the control surfaces which are fantastic! I've been attempting to rebuild every plane Burt Rutan ever made and wouldn't even be remotely capable of doing so without B9.

So here's the message you should take awat from this: love the mod, keep it up, a million thanks for making the effort!

I'm looking forward to a B9 update for this new version of KSP because it's got lot's that the original game doesn't have like good looking parts, sensibly shaped parts and so and so forth!

At first I lol'd, then I realized that you were serious. Then I just kinda felt like pointing out how silly this is.

if i'm an idiot who want this brilliant mod but also want to keep my magic overpowered stock jet engine as they are in the vanilla game (even if i understand why you changed that in this mod, and totally respect your choice) would slaping a un-modded instal over my modded one (to reset game files) be enough to bring them back to what they use to be?

if i'm an idiot who want this brilliant mod but also want to keep my magic overpowered stock jet engine as they are in the vanilla game (even if i understand why you changed that in this mod, and totally respect your choice) would slaping a un-modded instal over my modded one (to reset game files) be enough to bring them back to what they use to be?

The ModuleManager patches that rebalance the stock jets are in a separate .cfg file from anything else in the mod. I don't have the name in front of me, but I remember it being pretty obvious when I looked at the B9 folder which .cfg was for stock engines. Move that .cfg outside of GameData to return to the stock engine configs.

Following a full-grown investigation, the 'B9_Aerospace-Squad_Jet_Balance.cfg' might be a possible suspect. :P

Just put an x behind the cfg, tho, that should be able to hide the file from the module manager.

edit, btw: If you use the old b9, it might be advisable not to use it's struts. The new ones work differently, afair with some big changes in code and some better handling. Who knows what issue those ones might cause, and they also might not survive the next b9-update.

Edited by Temeter

Has anyone had any success in using the old B9 parts in .90? I'm not sure what's causing it, but the mod itself, or its dependencies are breaking saved ships with no B9 parts on them at all, and sometimes making the part category buttons disappear altogether. I'm trying to narrow it down, but no luck yet.

at first Ihad some trouble, but after removing all mods, adding B9 for 0.25 and firespitter (complete, not just DLL) and the updated DLL for firespitter it worked just fine. didn't really try on any saved ships today. lemme check.

I'm using the steam version of KSP and had this kind of trouble before. What worked for me was to remove local content, then completely empty the game folder (backup your saves and ships manually!) then redownloaded the game, replaced all the mods and the saves and ships and it worked again like before (crashes every hour or so, but works fine otherwise and always crashes when recovering a craft, or saving something, hardly ever during flight).

Just tried loading the proteus (into the hanger first to get size info and re-save the vessel) then launched it without trouble.

2014-12-17_00092.jpg

Its alot easier to keep your Steam install stock, copy the folder that KSP resides, and mod the copy. Saves having to fully redownload stuff everytime theres an update or you need to fiddle about with different mods.

I deleted all of the Mk2 parts. Apparently some of them were sharing the same name as some of the stock parts, and causing some grief. Gonna keep at ai and see if there's anything else amiss.

The B9 parts have very specific and unique names, so I'm pretty skeptical that this is the case.

The B9 parts have very specific and unique names, so I'm pretty skeptical that this is the case.

When loading some of the Squad stock craft, I could plainly see B9 parts with mystery nodes, causing them to float in between the stock parts. Regardless, the issue went away after deleting the B9 Mk 2 parts.

Its alot easier to keep your Steam install stock, copy the folder that KSP resides, and mod the copy. Saves having to fully redownload stuff everytime theres an update or you need to fiddle about with different mods.

Didn't know you could do that with the steam version, makes me feel silly now. but good to know for the future, means I can update after everyone has updated their mods for the new edition.

I could plainly see B9 parts with mystery nodes, causing them to float in between the stock parts. Regardless, the issue went away after deleting the B9 Mk 2 parts.

I can't see how that could be, B9 parts have unique names with a B9 prefix, look at the .cfg files, it's impossible for the game to confuse them, my best guess would be some plugin that comes with B9 isn't behaving (firespitter most likely). The B9 mk2 parts are just that, parts, they're textures models and a .cfg to glue those together, there is nothing magical about them that could cause editor mayhem.

I can't say this enough: If you want to keep playing with B9 (or any mod for that matter) don't upgrade KSP day 1 (or install a clean new version of the latest KSP next to your old modded one), upgrade when B9 or it's included plugins have been updated/confirmed to work. The 3 of us made the assets and .cfgs (which can't really become incompatible) etc, but we also bundle some plugins for additional functionality, those aren't made by us and we can't do anything beyond bundling in the latest version when they get updated.

Edited by K3|Chris

It isnt that bad.

I run steam, I have two installs of the game, one for my RO and one for stock sized.

I just disable autoupdating in Steam so I don't have to worry about a surpise version change killing a save. I also like to leave my most used version in Steam so I can revert back a version if need be.

Steam install is no different then using the straight install method for installing mods or plugins. You just have to find the folder for KSP which should be in you Steam install folder under

>common>KSP

Hodo, the point was so that you have a fresh clean version of the game that you only have to download once, incase you need to make a fresh start with your modded install, or multiple installs. Nothing to do with the method of installing mods :)

Edited by Lei07
Spelling Malfunctions

Several of the other plugins used in B9 are generating exception errors in the logs and such, in a very consistent manner as many other mods which relied on code that has been changed in the KSP API. Small things, such as animation based on air speed and whatnot might fail.