[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

1 hour ago, SmashingKirby148 said:

Actually, if you look really hard, it does have the texture, it's just really hard to see. So I have no idea what's causing that since it isn't a missing texture issue. :P

Yes, but these are not the textures I seek :wink:

Seriously, I have my graphics setting on maximum across the board but that should have nothing to do with only the docking port textures looking like crap. 

Many other thoughts?

Just now, Wallygator said:

Seriously, I have my graphics setting on maximum across the board but that should have nothing to do with only the docking port textures looking like crap. 

Many other thoughts?

Oh, ok. Sorry, don't have a clue. :P

9 hours ago, evileye.x said:

@NathanKell, as I understand, you're maintainer of VSR, so...

I think basic canards have too much lifting surface 0,65 - but it looks like it has surface smaller than for example delta winglet...

On 7/24/2016 at 6:22 PM, NathanKell said:

Thanks to Ven updating the models for the engines, I have released v1.9.5. It has proper KSP 1.1.3 metadata and the latest Module Manager along with the model changes.

Please mention any issues you encounter, and also please fix them if possible by submitting pull requests. I cannot devote time to this and do not have sources, but I can merge PRs and make releases.

2 hours ago, Wallygator said:

Many other thoughts?

OK so i tested VSR against a stock KSP install and I see the same texture issues.  In a stock install the textures appear very very dark grey - in my RO install they appear completely black.

I played with the legacy shader settings and the graphics settings but it makes no difference either way.

Are there any OSX players out there seeing the same thing? Windows? Am I the only one?

27 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

OK so i tested VSR against a stock KSP install and I see the same texture issues.  In a stock install the textures appear very very dark grey - in my RO install they appear completely black.

I played with the legacy shader settings and the graphics settings but it makes no difference either way.

Are there any OSX players out there seeing the same thing? Windows? Am I the only one?

I see the same thing (on OSX), and so disabled the VSR docking port textures.

Mk 1-2 pod seems to have an offset center of mass.  Under thrust it yaws to the right (correctable with reaction wheels).  Tested other models, including pods from different mods and it's just the Mk 1-2.

part cfg listed as CoMOffset = 0, 0.0, 0.07  Not sure if that's too high I'm going to tweak it until I can get it to balance out.

Edited by autumnalequinox

7 hours ago, npt said:

Edit Utility.cfg and delete the dockingPort sections.

Excellent. I shall give it a try.  Much appreciated! Thank you!

5 minutes ago, autumnalequinox said:

Mk 1-2 pod seems to have an offset center of mass.  Under thrust it yaws to the right (correctable with reaction wheels).  Tested other models, including pods from different mods and it's just the Mk 1-2.

part cfg listed as CoMOffset = 0, 0.0, 0.07  Not sure if that's too high I'm going to tweak it until I can get it to balance out.

Isn't the offset required for descent mode to operate properly?

8 minutes ago, Wallygator said:

Excellent. I shall give it a try.  Much appreciated! Thank you!

Isn't the offset required for descent mode to operate properly?

I have no idea.  It's the only craft that's yawwing when under thrust with SAS turned off, in orbit, with no other parts to mess with it.  I'm guessing perhaps it's too high?  Or is there something else causing this?

I'm getting similar drift with the Mk1 pod.  Both have the offset in their config files.  The MK2 "Van" does not drift, neither does Nertea's two seater.

This may not be a problem for other players.  I'm playing with 5% reaction wheels that are saturable so they can't keep up with the drift.  

Note:  I'm not playing RO.  Sorry I misunderstood.  Just 6.4x scale with stockalike real fuel.  

The pods in VSR have a COM offset because IRL the Apollo capsule had a COM offset that helped it to manuever in the atmosphere after it had jettisoned the service module. I don't think the COM offset serves a real purpose in vanilla KSP, other than to drive everyone batty, I always remove it when I install VSR. I don't know if it serves a purpose in RO, I've never played with RO

And you can make the command pod (that's on its side) hop around in its own by cycling decent mode on and off. 

Untill the battery runs out that is. :wink:

Wondering what can be done with that on Deimos. 

9 hours ago, npt said:

Edit Utility.cfg and delete the dockingPort sections.

It was in utility.cfg and another .cfg file as well. Can't remember the second one at the moment as I am away from my non-handheld computer. 

After deleting all port references in both files I'm now back to the standard RO docking port models and the remaining revamp parts. Perfect!  Thanks again!!

9 hours ago, TheSaint said:

The pods in VSR have a COM offset because IRL the Apollo capsule had a COM offset that helped it to manuever in the atmosphere after it had jettisoned the service module. I don't think the COM offset serves a real purpose in vanilla KSP, other than to drive everyone batty, I always remove it when I install VSR. I don't know if it serves a purpose in RO, I've never played with RO

Yeah I removed it from the config and now the pod won't drift when firing engines (or waste tons of RCS).  Yaaaaaay I can reinstall my saturatable reaction wheels and nerf them back to 10%.  Makes thing alot more challenging without going full RO (...yet).

Oh and btw these revamps are things of true beauty.  They mesh really well with Nertea's (very similiar art style).  Now I'm not choosing other parts over stock parts anymore just because of art clashes.  Oh and I think KW rocketry might also mesh with these better now (I typically avoid KW because it has a hard realism look compared to stock).

9 hours ago, Phineas Freak said:

Having an offset CoM is essential for reentering with RSS but RO manages this with it's own CoM module and not directly via the part config.

The most weird thing is that VSR itself never sets a CoM in the first place...

Could the same effect be achieved with a CoL offset on the heatshield? Possibly with some overrides to give it lift in the first place?

(I ask because I'm curious if I can give the upcoming BDB Apollo a lifting reentry without any adverse effects. But it's probably not worth it anyways...)

3 hours ago, TonyMacaroni said:

What is the purpose of the bumpers on the docking ports? It seems that you can't dock with them deployed, so what is the point?

I think the idea is to just add a bit of realism, and let the bumpers bring you in for the "real" docking. I think it also allows you to rotate your craft before doing a real docking, which can be handy for building ships in space or lining up station parts perfectly.

pwvCKMC.jpg

Can anyone advice how I fix this? As in.. have the attachment actually attached to the part? 

Or, maybe even better, how can i revert back to certain stock parts instead of Ven's version?

Edit: I was able to delete the use of this part by deleting the appropriate lines from the .cfg files.

Edited by jcthemc

@NathanKell thanks for maintaining this! Does this version just include textures and new parts or are there also modifications to the capabilities of the parts. I did a quick scan through some of the folders and didn't see parts being modded, but wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.