[1.2.2] Stock Part Revamp, Update 1.9.6. Released Source Files!

Ven

Looks great.

Would it be possible to get an engine from the liquid fueled booster as a separate part?

I think Ven mentioned earlier that it's basically just a Mainsail.

EDIT - and just to say, this update is looking awesome - I think I'm going to have to redo all my launchers to work in some of the new engines and SRBs (and I'd just standardised them all :( )

Edited by SufficientAnonymity

MK1 Cargo bay yes plz! Finally TY TY TY. Please if you can make it in 2.5, 5, and 10M lengths or make them stretchable like procedural parts. Oh man so excited for the update this is the best stockalike part pack.

This is nice...I always kept a stock-only install in addition to my normal play-every-day game full of mods (As close to stock-alike as I can find) but this is certainly going to take it's place.

Keep up the great work, this stuff so far is amazing...

I've got to say, while that new KR-2L looks great, and I think you should keep the model on hand, it definitely looks so very out of place for what it's supposed to be based on IRL.

Edit: As an aside I'm getting some very weird phantom forces whenever I load a craft that has turbojet engines clipped slightly into a wing. Only the turbojets cause this. Basic jets or rocket engines work just fine in the same position.

I am also getting this problem with the turbojet engines. I'm not sure if anyone has posted a solution for it, or has any information as to the cause, but I am interested because some of the parts from my own pack are doing this and I can't figure out why. I'd love to be able to use the turbojets again, and fix parts for my mod as well! :)

It must be connected with allow collision flag somewhere... That line with attach rules?

Is it possible to add an attach node at the bottom of large monoprop engine? It looks great as Orion engine - cause it is clearly modeled from the same AJ10 engine. I generally use procedural fairings interstage adapter to attach the service module, but it still requires free attach node.

Another idea: Ariane-5 booster styled nose cones. Slanted ones, maybe even with parachute.

index.php?action=dlattach;topic=9988.0;attach=30306

Ariane5_SRB2_20100305_672_3_150px.jpg~c200

Edited by sashan

I am also getting this problem with the turbojet engines. I'm not sure if anyone has posted a solution for it, or has any information as to the cause, but I am interested because some of the parts from my own pack are doing this and I can't figure out why. I'd love to be able to use the turbojets again, and fix parts for my mod as well! :)

I had this problem as well -- it's something to do with hotrockets. Delete the emissives file in the relevant folder, I think?

I had this problem as well -- it's something to do with hotrockets. Delete the emissives file in the relevant folder, I think?

That was a separate issue where the texture would not load right. I'm talking about how the engine causes craft to explode when wings or other parts even slightly clip into it :) My own mod pieces are doing this and I wonder if it's because they are animated. Ven's Turbojet has an animation linked to it that allows the nozzle to expand with increased thrust (which I don't think it uses at the moment), and mine have doors that open and close on activation/deactivation. That's the only similarity I've found between them.

Hello! I just started using this mod, and I wish I had discovered it earlier. I love how everything looks. The only problem I'm running into is that I'd really like to add a stack attach node to the snubotron, and the Engines.cfg file isn't looking like any cfg file I've fiddled with in the past. Am I missing something?

Hello! I just started using this mod, and I wish I had discovered it earlier. I love how everything looks. The only problem I'm running into is that I'd really like to add a stack attach node to the snubotron, and the Engines.cfg file isn't looking like any cfg file I've fiddled with in the past. Am I missing something?

I'm no good at adding nodes but try something like this and you can play with the nodes make a cfg that looks like this it will add a part named SnubOtron_2

+PART[sepMotor1]:Final {
// --- general parameters ---
@name = SnubOtron_2
@author = Ven

// point part to new model
!mesh = DELETE
%scale = 1
%rescaleFactor = 1

!node_attach =DELETE
%node_stack_top = 0.0, 0.0, -2.0, 0.0, -2.0, 0.0, 0
%node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.2, 0.0, -1.0, 0.0, 0

%MODEL {
%model = VenStockRevamp/Squad/Parts/Engine/Snubotron
%scale = 1.25, 1.25, 1.25
}

// --- Sound FX definition ---
!fx_exhaustFlame_yellow_tiny = DELETE
!sound_vent_medium = DELETE
!sound_rocket_mini = DELETE
!sound_vent_soft = DELETE

// --- editor parameters ---
@cost *= 2
@title = SnubOtron 2
@description = Recent demand for an even smaller Sepatron has led to the quick development of the SnubOtron 2, a snappy little rocket aptly described as, "About half as good as a sepatron in nearly every way."

%attachRules = 1,0,1,0,0

// --- standard part parameters ---
@mass *= 2

!EFFECTS {}
EFFECTS
{
running
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = sound_rocket_spurts
volume = 0.0 0.0
volume = 1.0 1.0
pitch = 0.0 0.2
pitch = 1.0 1.0
loop = true
}
MODEL_MULTI_PARTICLE
{
modelName = Squad/FX/LES_Thruster
transformName = thrustTransform
emission = 0.0 0.0
emission = 0.05 0.0
emission = 0.075 0.25
emission = 1.0 1.25
speed = 0.0 0.5
speed = 1.0 1.2
}
}
engage
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = sound_vent_soft
volume = 1.0
pitch = 2.0
loop = false
}
}
flameout
{
AUDIO
{
channel = Ship
clip = sound_explosion_low
volume = 1.0
pitch = 2.0
loop = false
}
}
}

@MODULE[ModuleEngines*] {
@name = ModuleEnginesFX
@engineID = SnubOTron
!flameoutEffectName = DELETE
!runningEffectName = DELETE
!powerEffectName = DELETE
!engageEffectName = DELETE
!disengageEffectName = DELETE
!directThrottleEffectName = DELETE
}

@RESOURCE[SolidFuel] {
@amount /= 2
@maxAmount /= 2
}
}

Hi Ven, I wanted to model my own "cap" for the Mk1 pod, and would like to orient on your design. Sadly the textures for the pod and the RCS block aren't included in your source folder and if I try to extract them from the .mbm file, they have weird colors.

Could you please update the your source folder :blush:

Been having an issue with the Mk1-2 pod. The fairing for the heat shield automatically turns on when I place the part, and nothing I can do actually removes it, including decoupling in-flight and disabling the fairing via Tweakable Everything.

Not quite sure whats causing this.

Been having an issue with the Mk1-2 pod. The fairing for the heat shield automatically turns on when I place the part' date=' and nothing I can do actually removes it, including decoupling in-flight and disabling the fairing via Tweakable Everything.

Not quite sure whats causing this.[/quote']

In the last update they have been removed since they were causing more problems than solving them, download it and use the offset tool to make it flush with other parts

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.