NASA IXS Class Warpship, and Spacedocks - For KSP-I and Stock KSP

Stevie_D

Not quite sure what's happening here but I found two bugs.

1: when building the ship, after placing the second warp ring on (after the main hub) the first ring and CM for some reason just detach themselves and fall through the main hub onto the ground upon launch.

2: (Trying to find a workaround for #1) I started building the ship with the main hub instead of the CM. Place that, then both warp rings, but if done this way the CM refuses to attach. It will snap to the node but just stays transparent and doesn't place, even with clipping disabled.

I'm not sure why exactly it seems like this isn't happening to anyone else but it's kind of frustrating because I was *really* hoping to use this one a lot.

"Gimmie that stuff now!!!" - Neutrinovore

:P

You know, I know you're joking, and I get that, but I am NOT saying "Gimmie that stuff now!!!" Yes, I'm eager to give these new parts a try, but I want Stevie_D to get it right before it's released, just like we all do.

Eh, whatever, I won't post here anymore if you think I'm too impatient.

:(

You know, I know you're joking, and I get that, but I am NOT saying "Gimmie that stuff now!!!" Yes, I'm eager to give these new parts a try, but I want Stevie_D to get it right before it's released, just like we all do.

Not at all. I didn't mean to make you feel unwelcome! You didn't come off as overly impatient.

This is most excellent. I decided to add it to my new "Ironman" career that I am starting which will be livestreamed on KSPTV.

It probably won't actually be featured on the show right away as it's advanced tech, but I'll call it out this Monday as I am explaining the list of mods I'm using for this new career :)

Not quite sure what's happening here but I found two bugs.

1: when building the ship, after placing the second warp ring on (after the main hub) the first ring and CM for some reason just detach themselves and fall through the main hub onto the ground upon launch.

2: (Trying to find a workaround for #1) I started building the ship with the main hub instead of the CM. Place that, then both warp rings, but if done this way the CM refuses to attach. It will snap to the node but just stays transparent and doesn't place, even with clipping disabled.

I'm not sure why exactly it seems like this isn't happening to anyone else but it's kind of frustrating because I was *really* hoping to use this one a lot.

That's a bug with Kerbal Interstellar 11.0 and patch 2.42.

WaveFunctionP's hotfix patch (i havent the link to hand, im sure it comes up easy with a forum search) fixes it.

And i look forward to watching, Overload! :)

We are just funnin' you. You didn't sound impatient... At least no more than we all are! ;P

Edited by Fr8monkey

Stock KSP version is up, and the list of changes on the OP. It was hard to cross the stuff over to base game KSP without it being overpowered. So i hope ive struck a semi-decent balance. Kudos to Orbitus on the dev forums for giving me the main idea behind how to structure it. His ideas of focusing it on the QV engine and using stock xenon gas seemed the best of a tough situation.

Stock KSP version is up, and the list of changes on the OP. It was hard to cross the stuff over to base game KSP without it being overpowered. So i hope ive struck a semi-decent balance. Kudos to Orbitus on the dev forums for giving me the main idea behind how to structure it. His ideas of focusing it on the QV engine and using stock xenon gas seemed the best of a tough situation.

Cool. Say, can we... uh, stick more than 2 rings on the stock KSP-version for more fuel capacity?

Plus, well... US, DS's Orbital Science, and a few other tricks let me forgo using the science hemispheres and go for all Xenon collectors for super awesomeness. Your ship is awesome, and you should feel awesome!

Edited by CptRichardson

I've downloaded the stock version, and oh my. It's utterly gorgeous. I thought Spaceplane Plus was a beautiful mod (which it is) but this is really raising the bar. Already a bit excited at the thought of later version with lights, etc.

Thank you so much for all the work that went into this. Will give a lot of folk a lot of pleasure. I shall name a Kerbal in your honour.

I have a problem. I'm getting Flameout: ElectricCharge Deprived with the QV engine despite it being attached to the IXS properly. I'm quite angry with this, as now the crew is on a sub-orbital trajectory and the crew can't fix it.

EDIT: Turns out interstellar lite does not work with Karbonite. Time to delete the IXS, uninstall it and Interstellar Lite, and savefile edit the kerbals back to life.

Edited by mike9606

I have a problem. I'm getting Flameout: ElectricCharge Deprived with the QV engine despite it being attached to the IXS properly. I'm quite angry with this, as now the crew is on a sub-orbital trajectory and the crew can't fix it.

EDIT: Turns out interstellar lite does not work with Karbonite. Time to delete the IXS, uninstall it and Interstellar Lite, and savefile edit the kerbals back to life.

Use the Stock IXS version. It's still compatable with Karbonite.

Cool. Say, can we... uh, stick more than 2 rings on the stock KSP-version for more fuel capacity?
~CptRichardson

That's why it's a parts pack and not one whole ship. Behemoth away! :D

The fairing is 18.75m
~Joachim

I've honestly not seen a screenie of something with fairings that big before, Joachim. That is amazing!

My New Orbital Drydock.
~Spork

Darn! It looks super snazzy with those b9 parts. They fit rather well with it.

EDIT: Turns out interstellar lite does not work with Karbonite.
~Mike9606

You might want to re-install them all one after another. I built this mod whilst having Karbonite and Interstellar (both the old version originally, and then WaveP's Lite) installed together, so they seem to work together in my game. I remember reading Roverdude saying him and Wave even messaged each other i think to help with compatibility. I also read that creating multiple versions of the OpenResourceSystem folder or its files might cause problems, so to make sure to just copy one of them over from one or the other.

~CptRichardson

That's why it's a parts pack and not one whole ship. Behemoth away! :D

Actually, I just tried it, and they clip together badly and don't work.

Addendum: I would have to say that the QV thruster is actually pretty weak ISP/thrust-wise. Stock it barely gives you 4000 Dv, maybe just enough to reach Jool if you're lucky, but even with replenishing en route, it probably won't be enough to make a capture burn.

Edited by CptRichardson

Np Kertz! Glad you like it.

And yeah, the Stock KSP version is obviously less tested than the Interstellar version, Cpt. So any feedback is welcome and ill take on board. As you can imagine, i was wary of making it too powerful and people screaming "OP!" So i erred on the side of caution. Dialling it up slightly is always better than dialling it back and annoying folks :) So ill most likely update the Stock KSP to 1.1 first with the tweaks based on all your feedback.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.