NASA IXS Class Warpship, and Spacedocks - For KSP-I and Stock KSP

Stevie_D

Congratulations on the release, and bravo sir!

As soon as the non-interstellar version is available, I'm on board, and you can look forward to getting my rep whenever I next get on my PC (I'm posting this from my iPhone).

Again, kudos! :D

Btw, I'd just like to point out that Stevie_D first started the development thread for this mod on August 6th. And here it is, September 4th, and it's basically FINISHED, aside from perhaps a few minor tweaks or bug fixes. But still, less than ONE MONTH from nothing to finished product. And by his own admission, this is the first time he has EVER attempted to do any kind of game modding whatsoever. Unbelievable! Incredible! Worthy of ALL rep he receives, IMO. :)

Talk about starting strong! What the h - e - double - toothpicks are you gonna do for your NEXT project, Stevie?!? ;) Probably invent cold fusion or cure cancer AND the common cold or something like that. I mean in real life, lol!

The most stunning looking mod I've seen.and terrific presentation. As soon as it hits KerbalStuff I'll grab it.

i don't play Intersteller, though have considered it, but wasn't sue if it works with current version. Can anyone tell me how it impacts on this mod? Might take the plunge into it just for this mod.

superb work, sir. Superb.

The most stunning looking mod I've seen.and terrific presentation. As soon as it hits KerbalStuff I'll grab it.

i don't play Intersteller, though have considered it, but wasn't sue if it works with current version. Can anyone tell me how it impacts on this mod? Might take the plunge into it just for this mod.

superb work, sir. Superb.

On the OP you will see stock KSP version is coming soon and the current version is bundled with KSPI-Lite. :kiss:

Wow, i woke up this morning to 4 pages of amazingly positive feedback and a shed ton of downloads. Thanks guys, i didnt expect this much of a positive response! Im truely humbled :)

I've updated the front page with all the links from KerbalStuff now, so those not liking Curseforge can DL away (and of course its always best to have multiple sites for safety!)

I quite like this ship. The only thing I feel is missing though, is an IXS Karbonite Converter. I also can't wait for the IVA.

Ahh well i didnt actually want to take away from any of the lovely models already included with the Karbonite mod. The sciencepods (inc the Karbonite Detector) are all the same mass as the Karbonite mod's 2.5m Karbonite Collector for mass balance.

The Karbonite Detector in the Karbonite mod however is small, and can be placed anywhere. So the thinking behind my detector was to make a large pod version that you could fit on your IXS but came with something unique (a hidden easteregg i didnt mention on the main page - ie : It gives out Karbonite SCIENCE! :) )

Are there any plans to build what I assume are landing pods that are attached to the main hulls in the Nasa concept art?

I pondered it, but at the end of the day, i wanted to balance giving people the IXS ship, and still keeping it's kerbally sandbox customization. Those pods are support vehicles, and if i did them i would be basically handing folks an entire ship that they cant alter or change to their own designs without it being a major mod to create in itself. And i dont think i have it in me to create another ship with multiple parts, and go through working out how to make it all viable with thrust and isp balancing etc.

So support craft is where you kerbalnauts come in, to put your own contraptions. Just as you dont have to follow the exact IXS look and can split it up into different parts or configurations. However, the license for all my mods are creative commons. So if anyone wants to add those two pods, and change my mod, they are more than free to do so. :)

Talk about starting strong! What the h - e - double - toothpicks are you gonna do for your NEXT project, Stevie?!? Probably invent cold fusion or cure cancer AND the common cold or something like that. I mean in real life, lol!

Hah! Take a good long rest for a while i think! I imagine i got it done quickly because when i start something like this, i go whole hog - ie, i didnt spend any of my spare time actually -playing- KSP, i just did this.. until the testing phase, of course. But yeah, im gonna sit back and actually play with my creation for a month i imagine and let the batteries recharge. :)

And yup! I called it the KerbalSpaceShip Manley, after the guy whose videos taught me how to play this game! Avid fan of his videos and Bob Fitch's.

Non-KSPI version of the Entire Kit n Kaboodle should be (fingers crossed and pending no bugs arise) online sometime tomorrow!

Again, thanks for the overwhelming response. Im chuffed so many of you are enjoying it.

Edited by Stevie_D

I really like the drydock on this mod, i could have made a drydock with the the new part of B9 V5

but with your mod i have far less RAM trouble, it's more smooth thank you fort that^^

Do you have any plan about other type of dry dock, maybe like in Mass Effect

wip_02.JPG

test_07.jpg

I was playing with this on the update KSPi version, not lite, and I wasn't encountering any issues!

So people with the hotfix'd Interstellar Mod, play away!

Hot fixed for 0.24.2? could you link it please I love KSPIL but prefer KSPI. (the same way I love NEAR but prefer FAR)

Great work so far, although I hate to say that I do have a "complaint." The torque on the command pod is extremely low for trying to control a ship of this mass. When building the craft as Rademaker styled it without extra kerbalized parts, it is extremely difficult to rotate with torque values of 20. Would you consider either 1) increasing the command pod torque and/or 2)adding some RCS fuel to the main hull section so that she has more than 30 units to burn?

Great work so far, although I hate to say that I do have a "complaint." The torque on the command pod is extremely low for trying to control a ship of this mass. When building the craft as Rademaker styled it without extra kerbalized parts, it is extremely difficult to rotate with torque values of 20. Would you consider either 1) increasing the command pod torque and/or 2)adding some RCS fuel to the main hull section so that she has more than 30 units to burn?

Unless we are looking at different parts the toque values are 40.

Second the RCS part though. 30 for the size of this is pretty low. ~edit... Looked at the part again and now it is 50. Could have sworn I saw 30 somewhere. In any case 100 would be nice.

Hot fixed for 0.24.2? could you link it please I love KSPIL but prefer KSPI. (the same way I love NEAR but prefer FAR)

Get Interstellar Experimental 0.11 from https://github.com/WaveFunctionP/KSPInterstellar/releases . It works and it has all of the parts that were in Fractal_UK's 0.11, but it still has all of the pre-0.24 part costs.

Drat! I just logged on here quickly before firing up the game for the first time in more than a week, hoping to find that the non-Interstellar version was released. No joy. :(

Oh well, hopefully for the weekend? :)

“Patience is bitter, but its fruit is sweet.†- Aristotle

Apologies again to the Stock-KSP crowd. That pesky thing we call RL got in the way yesterday and today, but i'm literally fine tuning the Stock version as i type this (reloading the game once more with new settings). Without doubt ill have it up over the weekend sometime!

And again \o/ Thanks for all the positive feedback folks. Really brings a smile to my face knowing i've done a semi-decent job at least! :)

Hmm, ill have to look into why it had problems with the Quantum Vacuum engine not working. That configuration should've worked. Maybe the Warp Electrical Generators werent turned on or it was Interstellar 11.0

Edited by Stevie_D

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.