Ideas for the New Secret Feature in 0.25!

Lhathron the Elf

Do you agree with me?  

167 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with me?

• Yes, I agree with you 100%.
    • Nope, I think you're totally wrong.
    • Sort of, I'm split between two (or more) different ideas.
    • I'm really not quite sure.

I've not seen this mysterious building, but to throw yet another idea out there:

The new feature is related to bankruptcy. Maybe my "repo men" idea, but whatever it is it's something funny.

The little building is a betting shop, allowing you to lose your money more quickly.

That would be hilarious, but probably unlikely.

Meteor showers!It fits. Debris falling as a meteor shower would occur more often for experienced players as they build larger ships. What do you guys think?

It was specifically stated that experience players are less likely to experience the secret feature, not more likely.

solid scatter objects, now the rocks and trees are solid, carefull where you land and yer rovers be doooomed!!!
It was specifically stated that experience players are less likely to experience the secret feature, not more likely.

Experienced players probably don't land on terrain scatter, does Procyon's idea fit all the criteria? It might be fun to crash rovers into boulders on a low g planet for hours.

Maybe the secret Feature is just minor Fragmented-Debris.

Like torn apart Rover-tires, ripped of solarpanels floating in orbit.

All the Kessler-Consequences.

It actually fits the criteria below and it would fit Squads workflow on bigger and better looking explosions.

They will Show it anyway tommorow :)

-Won't be exactly a common occurence,

Debris is of course not common in KSP

-Skilled players more often than not won't encounter it unless they deliberately do so,

Skilled Players would rather leave their debris in LKO and have it decay by the atmosphere.

-If you do encounter it, you'll have to deal with its' consequences,

What could give you more consequences than a clogged up Orbit?

-No mod has ever done it before,

I dont know of any Mod who does this. Correct me if I am wrong.

-It's a cool, but really small thing,

Small but deadly bits and pieces of Debris :P

-It's only possible because of all the groundwork that they put in so a big 0.26 big feature could be possible.

Well, I dont know what they are planning for .26 but if they are going on with what they have done for .25 it fits also this criteria.

In Addition:

Rowsdowers Picture Shows a lot of bits and pieces but I stopped a Long time ago taking a that Close look at the explosions.

2czhCAB.jpg

Edited by MalfunctionM1Ke

I guess it is morning in Germany and we are getting online as usual, explaining the invasion of the forums by German players at this time of the day. :D

(yawning and drinking some coffee) Yep, good morning and greetings from Cologne. :)

Und guten Morgen! Yes, launching KSP forums is the first thing i do, when arriving at work... But, I am at vacation at the moment and about to fire up KSP and do some rocket SCIENCE.

And tomorrow is the day, when the secret feature gets äh unsecreted... exciting it is :)

And tomorrow is the day, when the secret feature gets äh unsecreted... exciting it is :)

The world is waiting, Herr Maxmaps, the world is waiting.

Browsing the Twitter accounts of some Squaddies I noticed quite a number of them are learning German? So is there a chance to share a Käsesahne with you guys some time? :D

solid scatter objects, now the rocks and trees are solid, careful where you land and yer rovers be doooomed!!!

This was my thought too.

I reckon the `new feature` uses the new explosions and makes a `thing that did nothing but experienced players just avoided` do something.

Thinking as I type, what used to be a problem in the past (when most experienced players would have played and gotten used to not doing) but isn`t anymore that could be reintroduced with hilarious results?

Just thinking about the little clues often in the exact phrasing maxmaps uses when teasing...

Hm... can we nail down the feature before tomorrow? This is a challenge for you, fellow detective Kerbals :D

We know it has alterady been guessed some time before, so don't bother with recently or non-suggested ideas.

I guess it figures that there are a lot of Germans playing KSP. :)

I actually thought that most KSP users were from Poland. :blush:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.