The Comprehensive Kerbal Archive Network (CKAN) Package Manager; v1.18.0 [19 June 2016]

pjf

I'd also rather not have to sign up to Github just to report bugs with CKAN when there is a perfectly good thread right here.

Well, "perfectly good" might be an overstatement ;)

Github allows us to separate every issue in its separate thread, has email notifications, the issues can be addressed by code commits directly and we can cross-reference issues, all things that the forum just can't give us.

Well, "perfectly good" might be an overstatement ;)

Github allows us to separate every issue in its separate thread, has email notifications, the issues can be addressed by code commits directly and we can cross-reference issues, all things that the forum just can't give us.

JINX!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jinx_(children%27s_game)

I'd also rather not have to sign up to Github just to report bugs with CKAN when there is a perfectly good thread right here.

Translated as: I'd rather not spend 1-2 minutes of my life to sign up on Github that would make the lives easier on the team of VOLUNTEERS who dedicate their free time making something that i like to use.

Today when I try to start ckan it is outputting the following error.

1921 [1] ERROR CKAN.AutoUpdate (null) - WebException while accessing https://api.github.com/repos/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/latest: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus (System.Net.WebAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SetResponseData (System.Net.WebConnectionData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.CheckFinalStatus (System.Net.WebAsyncResult result) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SetResponseData (System.Net.WebConnectionData data) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

It then freezes. Has anyone else experienced this? I would suspect an issue with github but I can access the address with a browser no problem. I am running with mono on linux and have never had issues before.

Edit:

I found a workaround by editing GUIConfig.xml to set CheckForUpdatesOnLaunch to false, but there does appear to be a small bug in that this value is set to true initially even if you answer no to the initial prompt of would you like to check for updates on launch.

Edited by Deddryk

I found a workaround by editing GUIConfig.xml to set CheckForUpdatesOnLaunch to false, but there does appear to be a small bug in that this value is set to true initially even if you answer no to the initial prompt of would you like to check for updates on launch.

Thanks that fixed it.

1921 [1] ERROR CKAN.AutoUpdate (null) - WebException while accessing https://api.github.com/repos/KSP-CKAN/CKAN/releases/latest: System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.

It then freezes. Has anyone else experienced this? I would suspect an issue with github but I can access the address with a browser no problem. I am running with mono on linux and have never had issues before.

Edit:

I got this, both on OSX and Windows.

I'm sorry if this question was asked before, but, you see, previously I downloaded all the available mods for ksp 0.90 manually, is there any way to put them in ckan's cache so that i won't have to download them again?

thanks

Edit:

Thanks, I thought it was an OS issue, as I just installed the latest Windows 10 build.

Your fix worked perfectly

Argh! I actually typed sudo apt-get install ckan and realized that this wasn't what that meant...EXCELLENT mod/executable/whatchamacallit

That will be possible soon ;)

The big bug with 401 and 404 errors at startup can be solved with editing the 'checkupdateatstartup' thing to false within the guiConfig.xml file inside the 'CKAN' folder.

However I'm having another bug, which is when trying to download RealismOverhaul, I get the following error and the download stops:

The following inconsistencies were found:

Regolith 0.1.7 and ModuleFixer 3 conflict with each other, yet we require them both!

Error!

Not downloading ModuleFixer 3 to maybe stop this conflict doesn't help, and ckan gets stuck on 'updating mods'

Thanks for any help in advance :D

Thanks that fixed it.

Can confirm also this fixed mine too, just seems it's having trouble talking to Github to get updated ckan.exe versions. Updating the repositories still works fine for me.

The big bug with 401 and 404 errors at startup can be solved with editing the 'checkupdateatstartup' thing to false within the guiConfig.xml file inside the 'CKAN' folder.

However I'm having another bug, which is when trying to download RealismOverhaul, I get the following error and the download stops:

The following inconsistencies were found:

Regolith 0.1.7 and ModuleFixer 3 conflict with each other, yet we require them both!

Error!

Not downloading ModuleFixer 3 to maybe stop this conflict doesn't help, and ckan gets stuck on 'updating mods'

Thanks for any help in advance :D

Ouch! this is probably my fault, could you tell me what mods you where trying to install when this happened (as in which recommendations and suggestions did you choose)?

As for the Github issue, can someone confirm this problem also exists in commandline or is it GUI only?

Edited by Dazpoet

Ouch! this is probably my fault, could you tell me what mods you where trying to install when this happened (as in which recommendations and suggestions did you choose)?

As for the Github issue, can someone confirm this problem also exists in commandline or is it GUI only?

Oh...wow...i'll take off my stupid hat <- I forgot to do the 'apt-get install libcur..........' thing. That combined with not install moduleFIxer (not essential for RO) 'seems' to have fixed everything. It's downloading now, so lets see :D

EDIT: and damn the similarities with the number 1 and the lower-case letter of L. On the github CKAN releases page, it says "...libcurl4..." but because of the console font my first guess was "...libcur14..." Haha, that was 20 minutes of my morning dedicated to that :D

Edited by samhuk

Oh...wow...i'll take off my stupid hat <- I forgot to do the 'apt-get install libcur..........' thing. That combined with not install moduleFIxer (not essential for RO) 'seems' to have fixed everything. It's downloading now, so lets see :D

ModuleFixer conflict with all USI mods and I see now that RO recommends both ModuleFixer and Universal Storage where the latter depends on Regolith. I'll have to ask the mod authors how to fix this because well... I screwed up a bit. The reason this hasn't been an issue before is that ModuleFixer was just recently bumped to 0.90 compatibility and as such hasn't been installed as part of RO for more than a few days.

ModuleFixer conflict with all USI mods and I see now that RO recommends both ModuleFixer and Universal Storage where the latter depends on Regolith. I'll have to ask the mod authors how to fix this because well... I screwed up a bit. The reason this hasn't been an issue before is that ModuleFixer was just recently bumped to 0.90 compatibility and as such hasn't been installed as part of RO for more than a few days.

Just tried launching KSP, crashes at a config error, seems like ModuleFixer is sorta essential, so thanks for the heads up on the USI mods, i'll uncheck Universal Storage and re-check module fixer, let's see if we can get this baby rolling :D

EDIT: *just as finishing above reply, 2nd attempt KPS bootup finishes and it works* ... :huh: ... looks like RO-KSP just needs a few tries to get it started haha

Edited by samhuk

Just tried launching KSP, crashes at a config error, seems like ModuleFixer is sorta essential, so thanks for the heads up on the USI mods, i'll uncheck Universal Storage and re-check module fixer, let's see if we can get this baby rolling :D

EDIT: *just as finishing above reply, 2nd attempt KPS bootup finishes and it works* ... :huh: ... looks like RO-KSP just needs a few tries to get it started haha

The inconsistency should be resolved now and ModuleFixer should no longer collide with Universal Storage.

im getting a lot of access forbidden errors, that stop the install, and occasionally corrupt the download. this can be a pain with rural internet (1.3Mbps)

this didn't happen on previous versions, what happened? how can i fix it?

- - - Updated - - -

ah, ive discovered why CIT active struts is "currupting" "https://ksp.marce.at/Home == Mods have been permanently taken down due to inappropriate behavior of a community member.

Edit:

I get these errors too but I've no idea where this GUIConfig.xml is. All I have is the ckan.exe file that I downloaded. Where do I get the .xml from? computer noob here :(

EDIT - Nevermind, I've somehow managed to start it up and update my mods

Edited by ClLaw

I get these errors too but I've no idea where this GUIConfig.xml is. All I have is the ckan.exe file that I downloaded. Where do I get the .xml from? computer noob here :(

You should have a ./CKAN/ folder in your ckan.exe directory.

I just installed CKAN on a .90 windows 32 program. I'm getting an error on start up of CKAN.

Microsoft .net framework

Unhandled exception has occurer in your application....

The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized

If I hit continue the program does come up but there does not seem to be a list of mods or any thing. I don't know if it's the error or if I just don't know how to use it.

Help?

Lee