[1.10.1+] Contract Configurator [v1.30.5] [2020-10-05]

nightingale

I have some problems with contracts, please, help. I've installed the packs and all required mods, but some contracts do not show up in the Mission Control.

I want to combine the following packs:

Advanced progression

Anomaly Surveyor (doesn't appear)

Field Research

Kerbin Side-Jobs (doesn't appear)

Remote Tech

Rover Missions

SCAN-Sat

Kerbal Aircraft Builders (doesn't appear)

I have some problems with contracts, please, help. I've installed the packs and all required mods, but some contracts do not show up in the Mission Control.

I want to combine the following packs:

Advanced progression

Anomaly Surveyor (doesn't appear)

Field Research

Kerbin Side-Jobs (doesn't appear)

Remote Tech

Rover Missions

SCAN-Sat

Kerbal Aircraft Builders (doesn't appear)

Only way to say for sure is to see a log file. Anomaly Surveyor contracts start showing up pretty quickly (after the first launch you'll get the Island Airfield). You could also be getting bad RNG luck. Have you tried cancelling offered contracts to see what else shows up?

I really appreciate the Contract Configurator Settings panel that was added, however, is there a way to get it to save the toggled contract groups as they all seem to toggle on when there is a major scene change?

It's supposed to stay toggled! Just skimmed over the code (don't have KSP access right now), and everything looked good. Could you provide some more details? Is it both the stock contract types and Contract Configurator groups that it is not working for? If you save on the space center scene and reload immediately, does it reset then? Can you provide a log (and save file too) covering the change from one scene to another when it gets reset?

The stock contracts stay toggled off as intended, sorry for the lack of specificity. It seems it is the Contract Configurator Group contract packs that re-toggle themselves but it is only when going from the Space Centre to either the VAB, SPH, Tracking Centre or Launch Pad but not the Contract Building, R&D, Astro Complex or Admin Building. It would seem then it only happens when vessels are reloaded on scene change?

Granted, this is on my modded install so I will do a fresh install later tonight and try to replicate the issue and if it still persists I will post a log and save folder. If it doesn't persist, I will see if I can track down a culprit mod.

The stock contracts stay toggled off as intended, sorry for the lack of specificity. It seems it is the Contract Configurator Group contract packs that re-toggle themselves but it is only when going from the Space Centre to either the VAB, SPH, Tracking Centre or Launch Pad but not the Contract Building, R&D, Astro Complex or Admin Building. It would seem then it only happens when vessels are reloaded on scene change?

Granted, this is on my modded install so I will do a fresh install later tonight and try to replicate the issue and if it still persists I will post a log and save folder. If it doesn't persist, I will see if I can track down a culprit mod.

Could be that it's just plain broken, I'll do a quick test tonight.

Those other buildings don't do an actual scene change, so makes sense that it would stay the same for those.

This may be an edge case, which you can't support, but I'll report it, and you can tell me to go do one ;)

I think I have ran into a problem with the contract pre-loader. Basically... I have Useful Space Stations installed, and launched a vessel called "Station Core" (guess what this was?). Now because it was a Station Science lab, I knew it would be recognised as a station, but I didn't want it to be yet, so as soon as it reached orbit, I renamed it "Mun Station Core" and re-designated it as a probe.

Now... about 30 (or so) Kerbin days later, I've suddenly got this contract flash up. It's a USS mission, which says "Send a new crew to Station Core".

How on earth is it that quick? The vessel only met the requirements to generate a contract for about 10 minutes (at most!). My best guess here, is that CC detected a vessel that met the requirements, and loaded it into the pre-loader (or whatever you call it?) and it's just come round now because I've got a free contract slot come up.

I'm not sure it's possible to stop this from happening again, but interesting story at least. I have the logs if you want them.

Edit: On the other hand. Docking a new vessel to it, and then undocking may have reset the vessel type to Station. However, the name of the vessel is still wrong!

Edited by severedsolo

This may be an edge case, which you can't support, but I'll report it, and you can tell me to go do one ;)

I think I have ran into a problem with the contract pre-loader. Basically... I have Useful Space Stations installed, and launched a vessel called "Station Core" (guess what this was?). Now because it was a Station Science lab, I knew it would be recognised as a station, but I didn't want it to be yet, so as soon as it reached orbit, I renamed it "Mun Station Core" and re-designated it as a probe.

Now... about 30 (or so) Kerbin days later, I've suddenly got this contract flash up. It's a USS mission, which says "Send a new crew to Station Core".

How on earth is it that quick? The vessel only met the requirements to generate a contract for about 10 minutes (at most!). My best guess here, is that CC detected a vessel that met the requirements, and loaded it into the pre-loader (or whatever you call it?) and it's just come round now because I've got a free contract slot come up.

I'm not sure it's possible to stop this from happening again, but interesting story at least. I have the logs if you want them.

Edit: On the other hand. Docking a new vessel to it, and then undocking may have reset the vessel type to Station. However, the name of the vessel is still wrong!

Part of the problem is that the contract can stay "stuck" in the preloader for a while - which is why you're seeing a contract under a vessel name that was later changed. Raised [#310] to at least partially address that.

The only other thing that can be done is to add an expression requirement to your contracts that checks the targetVessel is a Station and has the right crew capacity - that way it'll get rechecked before being offered. It's a little bit redundant, but it's the only way I can think of to 100% close the hole.

Hello there Nightingale. Hope you're doing good. Sadly, I've got a big issue from me to report (I was advised by ObsessedWithKSP to mention this to you)

The full report is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/133168-Tracking-station-unable-to-do-anything

In short, nothing in the tracking station works anymore. The list of active vessels shows empty, I can't click on any vessel on the map, can't use the toolbar and can't even exit the building.

It was mentioned that it *might* have something to do with contract configurator and DMagic

I was thinking of just removing everything alltogether, but I've started to see your work as an integral part of KSP (one of those "have this or not play" mods)

If there's anything you could do to help, that'd be truly wonderful!

Thanks, as always!

Hello,

This is probably and easy one to take care of, but I am struggling to figure out the context of it. I am working on some missions and I want to make it work across multiple instances of KSP (stock, RSS, etc).

I want the targetBody to be the first child of the HomeWorld. Can someone please help me with the syntax?

Thanks!

Hello,

This is probably and easy one to take care of, but I am struggling to figure out the context of it. I am working on some missions and I want to make it work across multiple instances of KSP (stock, RSS, etc).

I want the targetBody to be the first child of the HomeWorld. Can someone please help me with the syntax?

Thanks!

Take a look here. Second example down, just replace ".Random()" with ".First()"

Hello there Nightingale. Hope you're doing good. Sadly, I've got a big issue from me to report (I was advised by ObsessedWithKSP to mention this to you)

The full report is here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/133168-Tracking-station-unable-to-do-anything

In short, nothing in the tracking station works anymore. The list of active vessels shows empty, I can't click on any vessel on the map, can't use the toolbar and can't even exit the building.

It was mentioned that it *might* have something to do with contract configurator and DMagic

I was thinking of just removing everything alltogether, but I've started to see your work as an integral part of KSP (one of those "have this or not play" mods)

If there's anything you could do to help, that'd be truly wonderful!

Thanks, as always!

I posted a response here on your original thread.

@pap1723 - That is pretty tough TBH as in game there isn't really a differentiation. KAB tried to get around this by requiring the player to land back at the KSC runway. Most people would have a bit of trouble being that accurate with a rocket.

Another method you could try to to require parts that are usually only on planes, Jets, landing gear and some lifting surfaces come to mind.

See here: https://github.com/jrossignol/ContractConfigurator/wiki/PartValidation-Parameter

Edited by Nori

Yup, as Nori said, that's not easy. Another hack that might be good enough is to disallow any vessel with any Oxidizer on board (HasResource).

Yeah I was thinking about that too, but could be sticky if you are trying to require a spaceplane.

I think your best bet would be part requirements: 3 wheels, 1 jet engine and at least 2 lifting parts. Only crazy people would put all that on a rocket. :)

~Edit: I said only crazy people would do that, but TBH I'm pretty sure I've built something very similar for a few part testing contracts. Had a jet, 2 wheels and some wings for stability, but was a rocket. But that's where the 3rd wheel comes in. No self respecting rocket maker would put 3 wheels on.. :P

Edited by Nori

Yeah I was thinking about that too, but could be sticky if you are trying to require a spaceplane.

I think your best bet would be part requirements: 3 wheels, 1 jet engine and at least 2 lifting parts. Only crazy people would put all that on a rocket. :)

Or people who want to meet the contract requirement with a rocket... :)

Anyway, I agree - the line between rocket and not-rocket can be subjective and blurry.

Uh oh. I ninja edited! I broke my own rule... I thought I was safe though, it had only been a few seconds...

Dang you are too fast!

Yep, there is, rightly so, no way for the game to know if something is a rocket or a spaceplane. The lines are just too close and subjective.

Yeah look into the problems RoverDude had back when he was doing a contracts mod. What we have now for Surveys used to be 'rover contracts' and he did about a billion (plus or minus about a billion) iterations to try to both force rover use and allow all rover use. Every iteration, someone figured out how to get around it. I myself for one of the missions had a lander with 4 wheels on it that completed the contract without ever turning the brakes off. Just to see if I could :D

Eventually he realized that forcing that was not the way to go, and we have the surveys that we have today.

I appreciate the responses! I decided just to go with ReachState LANDED on Biome Runway as one of the conditions to be met in order. It is for an X-15 style plane so there will be rockets, might not be launched from the runway, etc, etc.