show me what you are building or have build in 0.90

Ibvt8PH.png

dXB0uwt.png

The CTV for my Duna mission. The lander is a Karbonite-powered SSTO (two designs I am debating atm, which I will post later). The cargo bay holds a science bay (remains attached), a habitat lander, and a 3-man rover. Those grey cylinders near the engines are Karbonite scanners, one for Duna and one for Ike. The habitat lander will also double as an Ike lander which will make a landing there before proceeding to Duna.

I'm loving the design restrictions of career. I have already maxed out tier I of the buildings, both VAB and SPH, but with those 30 parts and 18mt, you can do a small SSTO. And I'd better, because you have to earn a lot to get the almost two and a half million to upgrade the science labs and be able to upgrade further! Anyhow, here are a couple of the simple things I've built:

To science up to this point, and maxing out parts and weight, a simple orbiter:

8IHKxRK.png

And the modification to do rescue missions (rescue missions without patched conics are FUN!):

HrLdzgg.png

But as soon as I could, I went for aerodynamic things. Survey contracts give a decent amount of cash for free if you can do them in a plane, and the key to unlocking the buildings quick is full reusability. First, a plane to do pretty much anything there is to do in kerbin near KSC:

S0YjPjA.png

And the soon-to-be-tested Kormorant SSTO: a tier I SSTO! By "tier one" I mean launchable in the basic buildings: under 30 parts and 18mT. But still, with all the science bits and a probe to do rescue missions. Sadly, the probe has no SAS... more FUN! until I unlock those!

N4Y2tdJ.png

Rune. This was an awesome afternoon.

Edited by Rune

Okok, I´m boring. I´ve also made a Space Shuttle

http://i.imgur.com/x4jK4vP.png

http://imgur.com/a/5spE5

Finally, after 3 days it works :cool:

It's ok guys, KerrMü Has made the best looking shuttle I think its possible to make with the new parts. Please no more shuttles.

LOL, dude that's really, really good! Perfect in fact.

I discovered the marvel that is Stock Drag Fix and built an SSTO spaceplane certified with up to 11.7 tons of payload (it'll probably do 12 but I've only certified it up to 11.7).

Ln2f00L.png

I refer to it as the Skyranger XL shuttle, but at least its not the same style of shuttles everyone else is posting.

For those interested, this is the 11.7 ton proofing payload she lifted.

61GHatw.png

It's ok guys, KerrMü Has made the best looking shuttle I think its possible to make with the new parts. Please no more shuttles.

LOL, dude that's really, really good! Perfect in fact.

Yup, that is indeed pretty. But I still plan on doing the same with a fraction of the part count. Seeing those OMS pods and the RCS on the shuttle has made me reconsider how, however. Though I think I'll stick with monoprop only for the orbiter, standing for the RL hypergolics.

Rune. Accuracy and part count are my only cards to play!

Since everyone's building shuttles, time to attempt a one-up. I built this:

0upe8UA.png

3VogWUv.png

Its fair to note that this is the first time I've ever played around with the SLS parts.

Does it fly? Well, no. The mainsail doesn't have the thrust to lift the shuttle body as the boosters fly. That and the glidescope when landing is God-awful. This realistically belongs in the WIP project showcase, I got work to do.

The flying science bay:

pPAZL60.jpg

Still experimental. Flies like a dream but has some delta V return issues when going orbital. Need to add a liquid fuel tank somewhere (maybe replace one science junior) to give it the extra kick it needs to modify for return interplanetary trips once I unlock Ion engines.

Turns out the stall speed is quite low. At 14.4 [m/s] it still responds reasonably well and can pitch up and gain altitude...

RJfsfgd.jpg

It can take off with additional fuel tanks along the wings, but that does bad things to the take off speed.

Rebuilding this SSTO. Have to start over as the craft file is buggered from the new update. :( Also there is no longer a cockpit for it.

Tried sticking a Mk-2 cockpit on the front but it looks horrendous. The new Mk-3 one is way too big.

http://i.imgur.com/XgOcDrO.png

I still have the old mk3 parts, no mods or edits.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.