[0.22] ISA MapSat 4.0 Dev Build

Innsewerants

Actually there is still quite a bit of extrapolation. If you look at the larger scale maps there is still a lot of blank spaces.

On a side note my BigTrack lander with the mapping module returned no results.

Actually there is still quite a bit of extrapolation. If you look at the larger scale maps there is still a lot of blank spaces.

I know, which is why I said this could get out of hand! I just know one of these weirdos with 16 gigs of ram and an overclocked quad core is going to try to run 50 instances of ksp at once.

How long until we\'ve mapped every conceivable point of data on the Mun? This could get out of hand. Then someone will figure out that 40° radar beam and obsolete all our work in a few short hours.

According to Innsewerants (in IRC) last night, the current method of storing data (lat/long rounded to hundredths) can result in ~12GB of data on the hard drive with no duplicates. However, the current program does not de-duplicate data, it merely appends, so we could theoretically collect the same data point an infinite number of times.

We\'ve collected a measly 13MB in what, 2 days? At the current rate that\'s around six years minimum until we\'ve collected all possible data points.

Define accurate. Do you mean a data point for every pixel? Then you need 1920x1080= 2 073 600 data points minimum.

Of course, you don\'t have to look at the whole map at once. If you want to zoom in 4x and still have a data point for every pixel, multiply by 16 to get 33 177 600 data points minimum.

If you define accuracy in terms of square meters (potentially km) represented by each point, then work this out:

Points = Area of Mun / area per data point

Thanks again for your data, dvc, SasquatchM, toastar, and togfox1.

By the way dvc, does that attachment include your old data, or is it all fresh? I didn\'t notice any repeats at the beginning/end.

fresh...

btw render coming soon

I can tell how much this plugin has taken off by how many pages I have to read through when I wake up. First day it was none. Then one. Then two. Now three.

Has anyone noticed anything strange with the altitudes in the larger sets?

I\'m totally waiting for the SQUAD Dev\'s to go :o and just release a fully rendered high definition map extracted from the game itself.

The Kerbal Geographic Society, at this point, can rest, knowing it\'s job is done. 8)

Just to check: has there been any problem having this part on multiple persistent ships? I have my first mapping vehicle in orbit, from which i get data. I have a Mun rover vehicle that generates no data, and i made a cheater plane and flew a few hundred kilometers down on Kerbin and get no data from that either. Just trying to determine if the lack of data is from multiple instances or if the part just wont work in those circumstances,