Make a wish... and have it horribly corrupted!

vexx32

granted, since you did not specify which friend, they all explode from holding it in and their deaths are blamed on you as you were in their vicinity during their demise. you are sent to prison and remain lonely for the rest of your life

i wish i can read faster

Granted. Cold? What is cold? Sorry, all we talk about in this plane of reality is lukewarm, warm, hot, boiling, melting, scorching, ignition point, flash point, explosive disassembly, and instant spontaneous combustion.

I have never heard of this "cold" you speak of. Looks like today will be yet another "flash point" day. Take a walk outside your designated zone, and you will catch fire within minutes of exiting the zone. The flames almost seem alive as they dance on the dry plains outside, licking greedily up the sides of once-great structures, now bent and buckled under the long centuries of heat you have cursed this world with. Metals have always been known to conduct heat rather well, but these days it gets so hot that sometimes you think you can see parts of the metal joining the flames in their endless dance through the air.

You were lucky -- you were at home, as usual, when the timelines were rewritten. Others weren't so lucky. Anyone anywhere near a gas appliance, gas-powered automobile, petrol station, hell even people standing too close to once-ordinary batteries were horribly disfigured. Many, many lives were lost that day, though the records invariably say those people had all died long ago, in horrific accidents. The great pyramids that once stood in Egypt and South America all melted to the ground in floes of almost-lava upon the first day of this curse. Although all know that you were responsible for this unimaginable curse, none can truly prove it -- after all, the Internet, and all technology not designed to be heat-proof, has melted away completely already, the metallic and silicone vapours adrift on the breeze since the very first day.

I wish people wouldn't wish without thinking of the consequences.