[1.8.x] AutomatedScienceSampler - V1.3.5 - 18.10.2019

SpaceTiger

@SpaceTiger: Apparently, I'm gooning up what should be a simple installation. As past of the T/S efforts I talked about a few posts back, I reinstalled all three of your mods that I use... specifically, the core Utilities (first), ASS (second), and then the Physical Time Meter small utility (last). Doing this, I overwrote files as I put them in. The result was only the Physical Time mod being shown, and not the lovable green kitty icon. I tried it without that mod, (IE< I reinstalled only the first two) and got the ASS mod indicator as expected, but it did not appear to be operating... IE, the bars that should be going green and the bubbles that are supposed to be moving did not despite all attempts. Additionally, experiments still are not firing correctly, no matter if they are DMOS/US or stock.

I like to think I'm not an idiot. Sometimes I'm wrong. I'd like to think this isn't one of those times, but I am truly stumped as to what happened. The only mod change was to update US to it's newest version, and even if that broke compatibility between this and US, the DMOS should have remained usable and unchanged. Not only is that not the case, but stock isn't happening either. Please... tell me how dumb I am and how to fix this so I can go back to leading Kebals to their doom destiny. :)

Done, and the base functionality is restored. The base problem, however, remains. I've done fresh manual installs of both other mods, and both them and the stock experiments remain inactive. Is there any possibility that some kind of save game corruption would cause this? I haven't started a fresh game to see if it works that way, but that's next on my list of efforts, and figured you may have some insight.

I'm finding that AutomatedScienceSampler (v1.1.3, KKU v 1.3.7) is not running or extracting data from any DMagic modules if they are run manually. Is this a known issue or something obvious that I might have missed?

There doesn't seem to be anything in the logs from either of the mods.

Otherwise maximum thumbs up for this very useful mod!

9 hours ago, sixbynine said:

I'm finding that AutomatedScienceSampler (v1.1.3, KKU v 1.3.7) is not running or extracting data from any DMagic modules if they are run manually. Is this a known issue or something obvious that I might have missed?

There doesn't seem to be anything in the logs from either of the mods.

Otherwise maximum thumbs up for this very useful mod!

Not even running mine automatically, so seeing the same thing. At least I have the stock stuff running again.

11 hours ago, Shadriss said:

Not even running mine automatically, so seeing the same thing. At least I have the stock stuff running again.

Yeah, lots of "Activator for DMagic.Part_Modules.DMModuleScienceAnimate" messages in my logs if I turn debugging on.

@SpaceTiger - Question. I was poking around in the files, looking for troubleshooting inspiration. I notice under the plugins a DLL file called DmagicOrbitalScience. Is this a modified version of the original, or is it the original? I ask because the current version of DMOS doesn't use that file name for it's plugin. If that's the case, could the fact that the file names are different cause the DMOS experiments to not fire, and further, would placing the DMOS plugin under the ASS plugins potentially solve this issue?

On a slightly separate issue, I also noticed Station Science in there... a mod which I don't use, but that CKAN mysteriously started reporting I had installed. Is it safe to remove this file? (This, btw, is what made me ask the above questions as well).

...that you recompiled?

Am I to assume then that the version I downloaded from Github for this mod is NOT the most up to date one? This may explain why I've been having problems making DMOS and US work with ASS. I had to rebuild the game and mods due to a new system, and I don't recall ever having used anything other than the Github files. If you have one that's been recompiled... well looks like I need to track back through the pages more, since I don't recall having seen this.

EDIT: Aaaaaand having gone back and read, I DO remember this coming up in May or June. I have the new DLL now. @SpaceTiger Is there any chance of getting the Github version updated with the new DLL provided by bobvodka? If nothing else, it may save others from having the issue again.

For all others seeing this issue, there is a post on page 16 (assuming normal default settings for the forum) where Bob posts a link to an updated DLL.

Edited by Shadriss

• 2 weeks later...

We just pushed a new release.

This can be seen as a PreRelease so please backup your savegame before you install it.

This update added a new option to drop out of time warp as soon as an experiment becomes available as well as change the UI and distinct it further from the SmallUtilities line of mods.

47 minutes ago, Shadriss said:

Since you refer to it as a pre-release, am I correct in assuming it is intended for KSP 1.2 as opposed to the 1.1.3 shown on the Github page?

No its just means that we didn't fully test it (yet) and we didn't want to release it without some sort of warning of possible bugs.

It is intended for KSP 1.1.3.

Agreed - assuming no major changes with the full release of 1.2, looks to be a bug-free update. (The preceding statement should not be taken as a challenge to the Great God Murphy, and is meant metaphorically. Please, Murphy, stay away?)

4 hours ago, ZTeeVeR said:

so..question...should this mod automatically take the science data and store it and then reset the experiment? (reason for asking is because it is not doing that for me..)

thanks

AFAIK it only triggers the experiment.  You still have to store/transmit/discard the results manually.

4 hours ago, ZTeeVeR said:

so..question...should this mod automatically take the science data and store it and then reset the experiment? (reason for asking is because it is not doing that for me..)

thanks

23 minutes ago, SilverlightPony said:

AFAIK it only triggers the experiment.  You still have to store/transmit/discard the results manually.

That isn't completely right. ASS will trigger experiments, store the science in a pod of your selection, reset the experiment, or discard duplicates. All of those options are available in the settings menu(Right click on the icon).

Edited by SpaceTiger

On 10/2/2016 at 1:26 AM, SpaceTiger said:

That isn't completely right. ASS will trigger experiments, store the science in a pod of your selection, reset the experiment, or discard duplicates. All of those options are available in the settings menu(Right click on the icon).

mmm, i did actually select all settings. for some reason it is nog taking the experiments and stores them. also, the resetting does not seem to work. I will try again later this week, perhaps it is me..

This might be a stupid question, but is there any way to have ASS run/reset all experiments, not just the ones that haven't been checked off yet? I'm making a station and I want to make it easier to feed data into it for research, I've got a mod that'll let me just do 'perform all science' if I want, but it won't reset everything like ASS does, and clambering out to reset everything every biome seems tedious.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.