[1.4.x] Contract Pack: RemoteTech [v2.1.4] [2017-08-27]

nightingale

9 minutes ago, mtpatane said:

Hey!  just following up, don't mean to be annoying about it, but wanted to inform you that the RemoteTech team released a 1.1 compatible version!

I'm using it and haven't hand any issues (outside of the wobbly computer bug).

Not sure if it counts as an official release, but looking forward to running Remotetech contracts in 1.1.

I love that contract pack makes my careers step through planetary exploration in a regimented fashion!

Yup, noticed it.  Haven't been able to go recompile/fix Contract Configurator yet.  Will do that sometime in the next few days, most likely.

in CKAN trying to select the contract pack is throwing the following error: "Cannot install TweakScale, module not available.  I do not know if that is the contract pack or CKAN itself but I cannot install the pack via CKAN.

5 minutes ago, wizisi2k said:

in CKAN trying to select the contract pack is throwing the following error: "Cannot install TweakScale, module not available.  I do not know if that is the contract pack or CKAN itself but I cannot install the pack via CKAN.

No idea, since the CKAN meta-data correctly lists the dependencies (and TweakScale isn't one of them).  Try installing any dependencies you don't already have individually (Contract Configurator, Module Manager RemoteTech) and see which one is causing that error.

I did-it's the contract pack itself AND it occurs with the non-dev build for remote tech.  Other dependencies accounted for (I can select the contract packs no problem).  I posted the full text of the exception in the CKAN thread.

I've just started a new 1.1 career, and before I actually begin playing I want to verify that everything is working the way it should... and I noticed that the RemoteTech pack (v2.0.2) is not showing up in the Contract Configurator settings (other contract packs show up just fine). Is it supposed to be like that? Having just created the career, I obviously don't see any RT contracts yet to confirm if it works that way.

/edit

Just to be sure, I'm using CC v1.10.4 and RemoteTech build 499 (I think that's basically v1.6.11 + bugfixes)

/edit2

Ok I had the bright idea to take a look at the log, and it seems Contract Configurator is throwing tons of errors regarding this pack. Mainly NullReferenceExceptions when trying to verify the RemoteTech version, and resulting from that, unknown RT-related parameters and requirements. Should I take this to the Contract Configurator thread?

Edited by MaxRebo

1 hour ago, MaxRebo said:

I've just started a new 1.1 career, and before I actually begin playing I want to verify that everything is working the way it should... and I noticed that the RemoteTech pack (v2.0.2) is not showing up in the Contract Configurator settings (other contract packs show up just fine). Is it supposed to be like that? Having just created the career, I obviously don't see any RT contracts yet to confirm if it works that way.

/edit

Just to be sure, I'm using CC v1.10.4 and RemoteTech build 499 (I think that's basically v1.6.11 + bugfixes)

If I had to guess I'd say you're missing Module Manager (or have a version that doesn't work with 1.1).  If that's not the problem, send a KSP.log file and I'll have a look.

2 hours ago, nightingale said:

If I had to guess I'd say you're missing Module Manager (or have a version that doesn't work with 1.1).  If that's not the problem, send a KSP.log file and I'll have a look.

I neglected to mention that I do use MM v2.6.22, sorry bout that. The log is too big for pastebin, so for now I'll just paste what I think is the relevant part here:

Spoiler

basically something like this

[LOG 17:38:02.658] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'RT_GasGiantRelay'
[WRN 17:38:02.659] ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode: The use of uniqueValue and activeUniqueValue is obsolete since Contract Configurator 1.9.0, use uniquenessCheck instead.
[ERR 17:38:02.661] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay': Error parsing targetPlanet

[EXC 17:38:02.662] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ContractConfigurator.Util.Version.VerifyRemoteTechVersion ()
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.RemoteTechCoverage (.CelestialBody cb)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser+<>c.<RegisterMethods>b__5_29 (.CelestialBody cb)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Method`2[CelestialBody,System.Double].Invoke (.CelestialBody obj)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Method`2[CelestialBody,System.Double].Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseMethod[Boolean] (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token, .CelestialBody obj, Boolean isFunction)
	Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
	System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
	System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Boolean].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)
	Rethrow as TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
	System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture)
	System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseStatement[Boolean] ()
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseMethod[CelestialBody] (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token, .CelestialBody obj, Boolean isFunction)
	Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
	Error occurred near '*':
	AllBodies().Where(cb => cb.IsPlanet() && cb.Children().Count() >= 3 && cb.RemoteTechCoverage() < 0.7).Random()
	....................................................................* <-- HERE
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, .CelestialBody defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation)
	UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.LoggingUtil:LogException(Exception)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, CelestialBody, Func`2)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory)
	System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode:ParseDataNodes(ConfigNode, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Dictionary`2, Dictionary`2)
	ContractConfigurator.ContractType:Load(ConfigNode)
	ContractConfigurator.<LoadContractConfig>d__26:MoveNext()
	ContractConfigurator.ContractConfigurator:Update()
[ERR 17:38:02.663] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay',PARAMETER 'MoonCoverage' of type 'CelestialBodyCoverage': Unknown parameter 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.

[ERR 17:38:02.663] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay',PARAMETER 'MoonCoverage' of type 'CelestialBodyCoverage': Unknown parameter 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.

[ERR 17:38:02.664] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay',PARAMETER 'MoonCoverage' of type 'CelestialBodyCoverage': Unknown parameter 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.

[WRN 17:38:02.664] ContractConfigurator.InvalidParameterFactory: Ignoring failed parameter with child requirements.
[ERR 17:38:02.664] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay',PARAMETER 'MoonCoverage' of type 'CelestialBodyCoverage': Unknown parameter 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.

[WRN 17:38:02.664] ContractConfigurator.InvalidParameterFactory: Ignoring failed parameter with child requirements.

[WRN 17:38:02.665] ContractConfigurator.InvalidParameterFactory: Ignoring failed parameter with child requirements.
[ERR 17:38:02.665] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay',PARAMETER 'MoonCoverage' of type 'CelestialBodyCoverage': Unknown parameter 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.

[WRN 17:38:02.665] ContractConfigurator.InvalidParameterFactory: Ignoring failed parameter with child requirements.
[ERR 17:38:02.665] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay',PARAMETER 'MoonCoverage' of type 'CelestialBodyCoverage': Unknown parameter 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.

[WRN 17:38:02.666] ContractConfigurator.InvalidParameterFactory: Ignoring failed parameter with child requirements.
[ERR 17:38:02.666] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay',REQUIREMENT 'CelestialBodyCoverage' of type 'CelestialBodyCoverage': Unknown requirement 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.

[WRN 17:38:02.668] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay'

for every contract type. It really looks to me like Contract Configurator has some trouble with that new RemoteTech dev build.

I'll gladly upload the full log somewhere if you still need it regardless, but you'll have to point me to a file hoster that you're ok with and which doesn't require registration...

2 minutes ago, MaxRebo said:

I neglected to mention that I do use MM v2.6.22, sorry bout that. The log is too big for pastebin, so for now I'll just paste what I think is the relevant part here:

Hide contents

basically something like this

[LOG 17:38:02.658] [INFO] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Loading CONTRACT_TYPE: 'RT_GasGiantRelay'
[WRN 17:38:02.659] ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode: The use of uniqueValue and activeUniqueValue is obsolete since Contract Configurator 1.9.0, use uniquenessCheck instead.
[ERR 17:38:02.661] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay': Error parsing targetPlanet

[EXC 17:38:02.662] NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
	ContractConfigurator.Util.Version.VerifyRemoteTechVersion ()
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser.RemoteTechCoverage (.CelestialBody cb)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.CelestialBodyParser+<>c.<RegisterMethods>b__5_29 (.CelestialBody cb)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Method`2[CelestialBody,System.Double].Invoke (.CelestialBody obj)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Method`2[CelestialBody,System.Double].Invoke (System.Object[] parameters)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseMethod[Boolean] (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token, .CelestialBody obj, Boolean isFunction)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[System.Boolean].ParseVarOrIdentifier (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token)
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseStatement[Boolean] ()
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[CelestialBody].ParseMethod[CelestialBody] (ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.Token token, .CelestialBody obj, Boolean isFunction)
	Rethrow as Exception: Error parsing statement.
	Error occurred near '*':
	AllBodies().Where(cb => cb.IsPlanet() && cb.Children().Count() >= 3 && cb.RemoteTechCoverage() < 0.7).Random()
	....................................................................* <-- HERE
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.ExpressionParser`1[T].ParseExpression (System.String key, System.String expression, ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode dataNode)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseSingleValue[CelestialBody] (System.String key, System.String stringValue, Boolean allowExpression)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, Boolean allowExpression)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[CelestialBody] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, .CelestialBody defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, CelestialBody, Func`2)
	ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory)
	System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[])
	ContractConfigurator.ExpressionParser.DataNode:ParseDataNodes(ConfigNode, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Dictionary`2, Dictionary`2)

[WRN 17:38:02.666] ContractConfigurator.InvalidParameterFactory: Ignoring failed parameter with child requirements.
[ERR 17:38:02.666] ContractConfigurator.ParameterFactory: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay',REQUIREMENT 'CelestialBodyCoverage' of type 'CelestialBodyCoverage': Unknown requirement 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.

[WRN 17:38:02.668] ContractConfigurator.ContractType: Errors encountered while trying to load CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay'

for every contract type. It really looks to me like Contract Configurator has some trouble with that new RemoteTech dev build.

I'll gladly upload the full log somewhere if you still need it regardless, but you'll have to point me to a file hoster that you're ok with and which doesn't require registration...

I tested against the release build - can you verify if that one works?  If it's a change with the dev build I'll look into fixing it soon(ish).

Just now, nightingale said:

I tested against the release build - can you verify if that one works?  If it's a change with the dev build I'll look into fixing it soon(ish).

Ok I'm on it. Don't know why I didn't try that myself, seems like an obvious first thing to do in retrospect. Just gimme a moment...

11 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Yes, it does indeed work with the release build. I was using that dev build because people reported it resolved a few issues. I guess I'll have to revert to 1.6.11 for the time being. Don't wanna play without this. Thanks for your amazing work and the quick replies!

• 2 weeks later...

** Reposting from remotetech thread.

Hello,

I am learning and would like to contribute back to the community. Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place

I am trying to fix Remotetech contracts and I keep getting this error at PartModuleType...

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = PartModuleTypeUnlocked
        type = PartModuleTypeUnlocked

partModuleType = Antenna
        partModuleType = Power
    }
ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay', REQUIREMENT 'PartModuleTypeUnlocked' of type 'PartModuleTypeUnlocked': A validation error occured while loading the key 'partModuleType' with value 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]'.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

ArgumentException: No PartModules found for type 'Antenna'.
  at ContractConfigurator.Validation.ValidatePartModuleType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Linq.Enumerable.All[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement+<>c.<LoadFromConfig>b__1_1 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement:LoadFromConfig(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement:GenerateRequirement(ConfigNode, ContractType, ContractRequirement&, IContractConfiguratorFactory)

How do I debug this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by crapstar
typo

42 minutes ago, crapstar said:

** Reposting from remotetech thread.

Hello,

I am learning and would like to contribute back to the community. Apologies if I am posting in the wrong place

I am trying to fix Remotetech contracts and I keep getting this error at PartModuleType...

REQUIREMENT
    {
        name = PartModuleTypeUnlocked
        type = PartModuleTypeUnlocked

partModuleType = Antenna
        partModuleType = Power
    }

ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement: CONTRACT_TYPE 'RT_GasGiantRelay', REQUIREMENT 'PartModuleTypeUnlocked' of type 'PartModuleTypeUnlocked': A validation error occured while loading the key 'partModuleType' with value 'System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.String]'.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 64)

ArgumentException: No PartModules found for type 'Antenna'.
  at ContractConfigurator.Validation.ValidatePartModuleType (System.String name) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at System.Linq.Enumerable.All[String] (IEnumerable`1 source, System.Func`2 predicate) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement+<>c.<LoadFromConfig>b__1_1 (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 l) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

at ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil.ParseValue[List`1] (.ConfigNode configNode, System.String key, System.Action`1 setter, IContractConfiguratorFactory obj, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 defaultValue, System.Func`2 validation) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.Debug:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, List`1, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.ConfigNodeUtil:ParseValue(ConfigNode, String, Action`1, IContractConfiguratorFactory, Func`2)
ContractConfigurator.PartModuleTypeUnlockedRequirement:LoadFromConfig(ConfigNode)
ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement:GenerateRequirement(ConfigNode, ContractType, ContractRequirement&, IContractConfiguratorFactory)

How do I debug this? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Fixed for next contract Configurator release.

** Reposting from RemoteTech thread **

Stupid question time: is there anything that can stop the initial RemoteTech contracts from triggering? I saw the three sat version briefly but didn't take it as I was waiting for the four sat version. Neither have appeared again for a long time. I checked the files and the only requirements seem to be the part unlocks have not having done the other contract already. I did have some random bugginess and updated to the latest pre-release, but still, the requirements are so simple I don't think that that could have had anything to do with it?

Or maybe the contracts RNG is just trolling me? :wink:

I think they are bugged in the last couple of dev builds. Not seen them at all since moving off the release version.

Edit: just seen a new version 526 is up, not tried that yet..

Edited by Torih

@cyberpunkdreams could be RNG hating on you, or could be RT problems.  If you post a log I can double check, but at this point I'm somewhat doubtful I'll find anything too conclusive.

Actually before you do that, try clearing all contracts through the debug menu first, and see if that makes them show (it may clear out active contracts too, so do it with care).

I just updated RemoteTech to the new release (1.7.0) and Contract Configurator now produces the following error:

Spoiler

Exception occured while loading contract 'unknown':
System.Exception: No ContractRequirement with type = 'CelestialBodyCoverage'.
  at ContractConfigurator.ContractRequirement.LoadRequirement (.ConfigNode configNode) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ContractConfigurator.ConfiguredContract.OnLoad (.ConfigNode node) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

I'm not entirely sure which mod is at fault, but this one seems to be the most likely candidate. Let me know if there's any additional information I can provide, or if there's another mod I should be bugging instead! :)

11 minutes ago, nightingale said:

Contract Configurator's been updated to support RemoteTech 1.7.0

Thank you for the fast service, it is greatly appreciated. Was all excited for the release of RemoteTech and just now noticed those remotetech contracts weren't on the config list. Just as you were releasing the update. :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.