[1.3.0] Mobile Frame System [MFS] (v0.3.3) [29.05.2017]

riocrokite

1 hour ago, ExtremeTrader said:

@riocrokite I don't want to push or anything, but both mods have been updated afaik. Could you please consider updating this mod for the impatient among us (like me)?

I've checked quickly state of dependency plugins:

- infernal robotics: updated and works ok with MFS

- firespitter: updated by RoverDude and works ok with MFS (you need only firespitter plugin for MFS to work)

- JSIpartUtilities - not updated for 1.1.x

So functionality wise you can use current version of MFS with updated firespitter and IR if you're impatient but you will have problems with accurate attachment of parts, since you cannot hide/unhide set of nodes. I couldn't recompile recent version of JSIpartutilities to 1.1 (i'm not a coder sorry) so I probably won't update the mod unless JSI dependency is updated first.

Edited by riocrokite

thx for the tip, I'll check it when I find more time

edit: I feel that B9 might not be ideal since I would need node group switchers that are indepedent of part switching, we shall see

Edited by riocrokite

• 2 weeks later...

First of all I absolutely love this mod. The texturing and modelling looks great and I really like the flatbeds. But those flatbeds gave me an idea.

I use KPBS a lot, but i hate to move those parts around. My idea would be to make a truck work like those cargo cranes in harbours.

See for yourself: http://imgur.com/a/372Nf

The parts shouldn't go over the edge right on the start like real cargo cranes to maintain compact. They should only go over the edge when you want it.

I don't know if it is already possible with parts that are included right now. Also i don't expect you to have time or motivation to do that. It's only a suggestion.

However if you would want to try to make some parts that would allow that, I would really appreciate that. 

I hope for a quick response. Thanks in advance.

On 6/15/2016 at 10:58 PM, Nippie1995 said:

First of all I absolutely love this mod. The texturing and modelling looks great and I really like the flatbeds. But those flatbeds gave me an idea.

I use KPBS a lot, but i hate to move those parts around. My idea would be to make a truck work like those cargo cranes in harbours.

See for yourself: http://imgur.com/a/372Nf

The parts shouldn't go over the edge right on the start like real cargo cranes to maintain compact. They should only go over the edge when you want it.

I don't know if it is already possible with parts that are included right now. Also i don't expect you to have time or motivation to do that. It's only a suggestion.

However if you would want to try to make some parts that would allow that, I would really appreciate that. 

I hope for a quick response. Thanks in advance.

Thx and yeah, it is possible to do side loading using MFS parts, cannot find old post where I pictured that but there are two parts - first one is extendable beam (has an extension animation) and the second one is a side rail (IR enabled part) that mounts on that beam. Did a quick check - side rail doesn't work with IR, will have to fix that soon.

ps. holiday season here so I post rarely :wink:

8 hours ago, riocrokite said:

Thx and yeah, it is possible to do side loading using MFS parts, cannot find old post where I pictured that but there are two parts - first one is extendable beam (has an extension animation) and the second one is a side rail (IR enabled part) that mounts on that beam. Did a quick check - side rail doesn't work with IR, will have to fix that soon.

ps. holiday season here so I post rarely :wink:

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to the fix, but first, enjoy your holidays.:cool:

10 hours ago, Nippie1995 said:

Thanks for the response. Looking forward to the fix, but first, enjoy your holidays.:cool:

found the album I wanted to show you,

http://imgur.com/a/e1dOM

still need some time to investigate changes made to infernal robotics to fix that one part config (side rail) that doesn't seem to work.

• 3 months later...
On 10/12/2016 at 2:16 PM, Kerbas_ad_astra said:

Hey @riocrokite, check out the fairing parts' new 'ModuleStructuralNode' -- it may be able to replace the JSIPartUtilities dependency.

yah, after quick check it seems that the modulStructuralNode is bundling adidtional meshes ( that cannot be turned off easily ) with switchable nodes. Probably would end up making quite a bit of empty objects for each part to accomodate switchable nodes. For now I'll just try to recomplile JSI (it's soo awesome ;))

edit: I might actually be forced to use stock system since it's too difficult for me to recompile jsi for 1.2 :P

Edited by riocrokite

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to point out how cool this mod is (I've used in 1.1) and would LOVE to see this working in 1.2! If anyone knows a similar mod like this I'd love to know, I miss it so much in 1.2.

Edited by SHiRKiT

• 3 months later...

just an update; current MFS works with KSP 1.3.0, it just needs an updated dependencies, firespitter for part switching:

https://github.com/snjo/Firespitter/tree/master/For release/Firespitter/Plugins

and recompiled jsipartutilities for 1.3.0 that will be uploaded shortly by linuxgurugamer here:

edit: warning - infernal robotic parts seems to be broken for 1.3 and 1.2.2

Edited by riocrokite

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.