[WIP] [1.0.5] (Dev Paused) QuizTech Aero Pack v1.2.9.x | Updated: 8/9/15 |

Quiznos323

What parts/features would you like to see next?  

851 members have voted

1. 1. What parts/features would you like to see next?

• I don't care about B9 versions
    • Mk1 fighter cockpit
    • R.A.P.I.E.R. vtol engines
    • A shorter Mk2 to Mk1 adapter w/ intakes
    • Other engines besides vtols

Hey quiz, love your parts pack! I've added it to my must install mods. Would it be alright if I made a couple of the engines I'm working on follow the same stock color theme? I have one that I painstakingly made each turbine stage and compressor stage.

1.2.6 is out!

Adds the Mk2 NERVA Dual Atomic Engine :)

dntP4hmh.png

jmfOnsYh.png

Hey quiz, love your parts pack! I've added it to my must install mods. Would it be alright if I made a couple of the engines I'm working on follow the same stock color theme? I have one that I painstakingly made each turbine stage and compressor stage.

Thanks, it means a lot :) You mean like Mk2 engines or just regular stock-a-like looking engines? I can't stop you from making anything, so I'd say go for it, but I am planning on continuing the line of Mk2 engines with VTOL rapiers, a purely rocket engine, and a linear aerospike :)

I've made a VTOL plane which uses the fan wings (are they meant to still be called fan wings? I thought they were renamed) and it pitches backwards when it is flying using VTOL. The CoT is supposedly in the same place as the CoM but 4 RCS jet thrusters (2 in front of the wing engines and 2 behind) can't keep it balanced. This is happening at launch when it has pretty much full fuel, most of which is at the back.

That Mk2 fairing looks so cool! Keep going!

Any word on that smexy SR-71?

It's on the to-do list, I just keep getting distracted with other ideas that I start working on xD Like this..

gzkmgdSm.png

I've made a VTOL plane which uses the fan wings (are they meant to still be called fan wings? I thought they were renamed) and it pitches backwards when it is flying using VTOL. The CoT is supposedly in the same place as the CoM but 4 RCS jet thrusters (2 in front of the wing engines and 2 behind) can't keep it balanced. This is happening at launch when it has pretty much full fuel, most of which is at the back.

When I make VTOLs I like to put the CoT a little bit behind the CoM. That way it offsets the pitching backwards :)

That is a really nice piece of work, Quiznos! Think it's your best yet.

Thanks Nertea! I'm pretty happy with how it came out :)

Does this mod work well with FAR?

There are a few things that need collider updates to work properly with voxelization. Also the VTOL fan wing has no FAR wing module (though that was never designed to work on parts with other features so it won't deal with things like added mass properly).

There are a few things that need collider updates to work properly with voxelization. Also the VTOL fan wing has no FAR wing module (though that was never designed to work on parts with other features so it won't deal with things like added mass properly).

I switched out the open nozzle colliders on the Mk2 Twin Jet in the last update so that should hopefully fix the voxellation issues there :) I forgot that wings need their own FAR module as well. I'll have to see how I can make that part fully compatible.

It's on the to-do list, I just keep getting distracted with other ideas that I start working on xD Like this..

http://i.imgur.com/gzkmgdSm.png

When I make VTOLs I like to put the CoT a little bit behind the CoM. That way it offsets the pitching backwards :)

Thanks Nertea! I'm pretty happy with how it came out :)

YES! Make that cockpit, please!

Hi very nice mod, but have you ever think make a part like a Nose(tail)-DockingPort ? It would be nice for some SSTO

While I'm sure Quiznos323 would make a beautiful Mk2 docking nose, I wouldn't rate it a high-priority part -- a stock Mk2-1.25m adapter plus a shielded docking port does the job pretty well.

Hi very nice mod, but have you ever think make a part like a Nose(tail)-DockingPort ? It would be nice for some SSTO

I do have a docking port modeled and textured right now, but I could see about making a shielded one in the future :)

While I'm sure Quiznos323 would make a beautiful Mk2 docking nose, I wouldn't rate it a high-priority part -- a stock Mk2-1.25m adapter plus a shielded docking port does the job pretty well.

Only if you don't use FAR. The new aero model does not consider the shielded docking port a suitable nose for a super- or hypersonic aircraft, for some reason. *coughwave drag*cough* :)

Only if you don't use FAR. The new aero model does not consider the shielded docking port a suitable nose for a super- or hypersonic aircraft, for some reason. *coughwave drag*cough* :)

I see, so it has to be slimmer (while in atmosphere, at least).

This gives me an idea: maybe something similar to the Agena docking nose, where it opens like a beak and extends a docking port:

220px-The_Angry_Alligator_-_GPN-2000-001354.jpg

This gives me an idea: maybe something similar to the Agena docking nose, where it opens like a beak and extends a docking port:

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/91/The_Angry_Alligator_-_GPN-2000-001354.jpg/220px-The_Angry_Alligator_-_GPN-2000-001354.jpg

That's exactly what I was thinking.

I see, so it has to be slimmer (while in atmosphere, at least).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/91/The_Angry_Alligator_-_GPN-2000-001354.jpg/220px-The_Angry_Alligator_-_GPN-2000-001354.jpg

Genius idea, but we need a less ugly Mk2 inline cockpit to go with it

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.