[Mod Collection] Sigma Mod Expansions

Sigma88

The Eve recolour isn't working for me.

What version of Kopernicus are you running? I know a lot of it didn't work with Kopernicus 0.2.x (AFAIK it only changed the clouds if you had EVE installed and left the rest purple); 0.4 doesn't have the lag issues 0.3.3 did if you held back for that reason (as I did).

What version of Kopernicus are you running? I know a lot of it didn't work with Kopernicus 0.2.x (AFAIK it only changed the clouds if you had EVE installed and left the rest purple); 0.4 doesn't have the lag issues 0.3.3 did if you held back for that reason (as I did).

Wait, you need Kopernicus to run it? o.O

Wait, you need Kopernicus to run it? o.O

Yes, I don't know how I managed to miss writing that on the main post :S

Thankfully I'm going to separate each pack into different threads very soon, so that each feature can get more detailed descriptions :)

In the meantime I've added the requirements in the main post.

Sorry for the trouble!

Hey there. Running KSP 64-bit non-hacked version in Linux. I see in the previous page a post indicating that a move over to Dropbox and then Github was going to be in the works soon. Could this be the cause of some kind of... I don't even know what to call it, a hang-issue when trying to install this from CKAN? I'm troubleshooting some other mods and only uninstalled this one incidentally as a part of my troubleshooting (I was looking for mod conflicts and whatnot.) As recently as a few hours ago, this mod ran with no problems that I was aware of at the time (though with so many mod installs and removals in my troubleshooting attempts for another matter, I don't think I still have the log files from when that occurred.)

My issue is that I can select and install "Sigma Binary" and "Sigma Binary - Duna + Ike Binary" in CKAN with no problem. However, selecting "Sigma OPM Expansion"

and "Sigma RemoteTech Expansion" (either separately or at the same time) causes CKAN to pause. Note that this does NOT cause CKAN to crash or hang, however, which is surprising considering how buggy and temperamental CKAN normally is. I've tried exiting and restarting CKAN as well as rebooting my entire system. Any thoughts?

PS -- Yes, I've thought to post this question on the CKAN thread, but I have no fewer than three other unanswered questions over there from the last two weeks, so I'm beginning to suspect that they're just busy or otherwise in some period where no one is following the thread very closely. My alternative, of course, is to just download and install these mods manually (as I've already resigned to do with 4 or 5 other mods) but running it from CKAN would allow me to keep better track of updates and whatnot.

--Update--

I think I might have isolated the problem. I reverted to a modless install of KSP and attempted to install "Sigma OPM Expansion" only, through CKAN. It indicates three dependencies (ModuleManager, Kopernicus, and OPM) so I cancelled and ordered those three mods to install first. After installing those three (deselecting all the "suggested" mods in the process) I confirmed that KSP does in fact start. Then I opened CKAN and went to install this mod mentioned above. Same symptom as before.

On a lark, I delved into the CKAN/Download folder inside the KSP directory (alongside GameData, not INSIDE GameData) and found that the zipfile had indeed downloaded, as well as those for the other three dependencies that I just mentioned. The zipfiles for the three dependencies work fine, but manually attempting to enter the zipfile for this mod causes an Archive Manager error.

My preliminary conclusion is that the zipfile is corrupted. My next step is to manually download the mod and see if that works. I'll report back here when I'm done.

--Update2--

Yes!! I can categorically confirm that the zipfile originally obtained by CKAN was corrupted, and that this caused my symptom. My solution: I returned to this OP and downloaded all three Sigma OPM modules (Urlum Tilt, Gas Giant Recolor, and Pluron / Khato.) I extracted all three of those individual zipfiles, and consolidated them into a single standalone GameData folder. After that, I compressed it into a zipfile with an identical name to the one originally downloaded by CKAN (I'm guessing that some sort of metadata information is encoded into the filename itself, possibly in hexadecimal notation.) I then placed this new "artificial" zipfile into the KSP/CKAN/downloads folder and re-ran CKAN. CKAN has a logic-check that allows it to verify a previous download before installing, rather than re-downloading for each installation attempt. Since CKAN detected my artificial file, it simply installed from that. (Indeed, I misspelled "GameData" originally, and CKAN errored out due to a metadata mismatch; correcting that mistake on my own part resulted in a successful install, confirmed with a successful load into KSP with Urlum and its moons properly tilted, and a proper barycenter between Pluron and Khato.) The Sigma RT Extension download has similar corruption to the zipfile, and a similar workaround managed to get me moving again on that front as well.

My kitbashed solution here WILL BREAK if / when you update the CKAN metadata, but if the new update is properly entered (with a replacement of the defective zipfile) then I suspect that such breakage will not be noticeable to me. I hope this helps.

Edited by MisterFister
Kitbashed success!!

Hey there. Running KSP 64-bit non-hacked version in Linux. I see in the previous page a post indicating that a move over to Dropbox and then Github was going to be in the works soon. Could this be the cause of some kind of... I don't even know what to call it, a hang-issue when trying to install this from CKAN? I'm troubleshooting some other mods and only uninstalled this one incidentally as a part of my troubleshooting (I was looking for mod conflicts and whatnot.) As recently as a few hours ago, this mod ran with no problems that I was aware of at the time (though with so many mod installs and removals in my troubleshooting attempts for another matter, I don't think I still have the log files from when that occurred.)

My issue is that I can select and install "Sigma Binary" and "Sigma Binary - Duna + Ike Binary" in CKAN with no problem. However, selecting "Sigma OPM Expansion"

and "Sigma RemoteTech Expansion" (either separately or at the same time) causes CKAN to pause. Note that this does NOT cause CKAN to crash or hang, however, which is surprising considering how buggy and temperamental CKAN normally is. I've tried exiting and restarting CKAN as well as rebooting my entire system. Any thoughts?

PS -- Yes, I've thought to post this question on the CKAN thread, but I have no fewer than three other unanswered questions over there from the last two weeks, so I'm beginning to suspect that they're just busy or otherwise in some period where no one is following the thread very closely. My alternative, of course, is to just download and install these mods manually (as I've already resigned to do with 4 or 5 other mods) but running it from CKAN would allow me to keep better track of updates and whatnot.

--Update--

I think I might have isolated the problem. I reverted to a modless install of KSP and attempted to install "Sigma OPM Expansion" only, through CKAN. It indicates three dependencies (ModuleManager, Kopernicus, and OPM) so I cancelled and ordered those three mods to install first. After installing those three (deselecting all the "suggested" mods in the process) I confirmed that KSP does in fact start. Then I opened CKAN and went to install this mod mentioned above. Same symptom as before.

On a lark, I delved into the CKAN/Download folder inside the KSP directory (alongside GameData, not INSIDE GameData) and found that the zipfile had indeed downloaded, as well as those for the other three dependencies that I just mentioned. The zipfiles for the three dependencies work fine, but manually attempting to enter the zipfile for this mod causes an Archive Manager error.

My preliminary conclusion is that the zipfile is corrupted. My next step is to manually download the mod and see if that works. I'll report back here when I'm done.

--Update2--

Yes!! I can categorically confirm that the zipfile originally obtained by CKAN was corrupted, and that this caused my symptom. My solution: I returned to this OP and downloaded all three Sigma OPM modules (Urlum Tilt, Gas Giant Recolor, and Pluron / Khato.) I extracted all three of those individual zipfiles, and consolidated them into a single standalone GameData folder. After that, I compressed it into a zipfile with an identical name to the one originally downloaded by CKAN (I'm guessing that some sort of metadata information is encoded into the filename itself, possibly in hexadecimal notation.) I then placed this new "artificial" zipfile into the KSP/CKAN/downloads folder and re-ran CKAN. CKAN has a logic-check that allows it to verify a previous download before installing, rather than re-downloading for each installation attempt. Since CKAN detected my artificial file, it simply installed from that. (Indeed, I misspelled "GameData" originally, and CKAN errored out due to a metadata mismatch; correcting that mistake on my own part resulted in a successful install, confirmed with a successful load into KSP with Urlum and its moons properly tilted, and a proper barycenter between Pluron and Khato.) The Sigma RT Extension download has similar corruption to the zipfile, and a similar workaround managed to get me moving again on that front as well.

My kitbashed solution here WILL BREAK if / when you update the CKAN metadata, but if the new update is properly entered (with a replacement of the defective zipfile) then I suspect that such breakage will not be noticeable to me. I hope this helps.

thanks for the tests and sorry for the trouble.

I am starting the process of moving every mod to a single thread, this may break CKAN temporarily.

Downloading files from the main thread will always work. ;)

sorry again for the inconvenience

WARNING

I am starting to move each "feature" included here into a different mod. Untill this process is completed CKAN downloads will not work.

Also, this change is the first step towards moving the mods into the "Release Addons Forum" from the Development one

You can always find working download links HERE

Thank you for your patience

thanks for the tests and sorry for the trouble.

I am starting the process of moving every mod to a single thread, this may break CKAN temporarily.

Downloading files from the main thread will always work. ;)

sorry again for the inconvenience

No worries, man. I'm not a programmer, but I can occassionally find a way to help hard working mod authors like you! Please, this is my pleasure.

New question: what's the terminology to describe the fact that my KSC-scene sun position seems to be static? That the day-night cycle only seems to update when I go into the Tracking Station scene (or possibly a flight scene, but I'm super early into a new career save and don't have any orbiting flights yet to test this with.) I'm running a super heavy load of beautification mods, including at least one or two other OPM planet pack addons, if that helps narrow things down.

New question: what's the terminology to describe the fact that my KSC-scene sun position seems to be static? That the day-night cycle only seems to update when I go into the Tracking Station scene (or possibly a flight scene, but I'm super early into a new career save and don't have any orbiting flights yet to test this with.) I'm running a super heavy load of beautification mods, including at least one or two other OPM planet pack addons, if that helps narrow things down.

That would be a kopernicus issue. It happens when reparenting kerbin. There is no quick solution for that bug afaik.

Everything is done!

I'll leave here the old Main Post, just in case.

Sigma OPM Expansion v0.8

DESIGNED FOR Outer Planets Mod 1.8

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]h9Jy0Z7.png[/TD]

[TD]Urlum Gets Tilted:

This Ice Giant has now a 90° axial tilt!

The rings and moons are moved accordingly but the planet and moons rotations are removed.

REQUIRES OPM 1.8

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]6GpQ8ZZ.png[/TD]

[TD]Gas Giants Recolor:

Changed the colors of Sarnus, Urlum and Neidon to light blue, red and orange.

Since Jool is a completely different color from it's analogue I decided to do the same for the other gas giants too.

REQUIRES OPM 1.8

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]zRk03fU.png[/TD]

[TD]Pluto/Charon system:

Analogues of Pluto and Charon.

The system is no longer binary by default.

It supports SigmaBinary so, if you want the barycenter, install that mod too.

THIS FEATURE IS COMPATIBLE WITH STOCK KSP

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Screenshots

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Supported Mods

PlanetShine adds light reflecting off planets and moons to illuminate your ships. If you install the recolor expansion the color of light generated by PlanetShine will change accordingly.

Distant Object Enhancement adds flares for faraway planets and moons, so that they're visible even from Kerbin's surface (like in real-life). If you install the recolor expansion it will display correctly colored flares for the modified planets.

KSP-AVC warns you when a new version of my expansions are out, it will warn you only when one of the features you selected is out-of-date.

Kopernicus Expansion adds procedural clouds to the gas giants.

Cloud Packs

Thanks to Eleusis La Arwall's efforts planets now have clouds, and those around Urlum rotate properly!

Download Clouds Here

They are compatible with 4 different cloud mods so you can choose your favourite one:

EVE: EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements

KSPRC: KSP Renaissance Compilation

AVP-EoO: Astronomer's Visual Pack - Edge of Oblivion

AVP-Int: Astronomer's Visual Pack - Interstellar

Flags

You can now find ΣME flags in the OPM Bundle, this feature is still in development so make sure you give me some feedback if you like/hate them.

This is what they look like for now:

1c4lztd.png

There are different versions of the flag, accounting for every combination of features from ΣME, but for now you can find them in the ΣME OPM Bundle.

The pixel art for the stock planets is done by The Deep Space Kraken (many thanks to him for letting me use it)

Sigma RemoteTech Expansion v0.4

DESIGNED FOR RemoteTech

[TABLE=width: 100%]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]VGCpPAW.png[/TD]

[TD]More Antennas:

A set of 4 antennas, recolored and resized models of the stock Comms DTS-M1 that can be used to set up a comm system around Jool.

Since there are no antennas that can reach the outer moons from Jool's orbit, except the big interplanetary antennas which doesn't seem right.

THIS FEATURE IS COMPATIBLE WITH STOCK KSP

[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]1EOSm5A.png[/TD]

[TD]Outer Space Comms:

A set of 3 antennas designed to probe deep into outer space, if you have one or more mods that add planets outside Jool you will be able to reach them with this set of dishes.

REQUIRES RemoteTech

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Screenshots

Sigma Stock Recolor v0.2

REQUIRES Kopernicus

[TABLE=width: 100%, align: left]

[TR]

[TD]Sios43L.png[/TD]

[TD]Stock Recolor:

This mod will change the colors of Eve and Jool to make them similar to Venus and Jupiter

Features:

• Change the Science Definition and Planet Descriptions where color is mentioned
  • If there is a cloud mod installed, the clouds will be recolored as well (except Auroras)
  • Compatible with PlanetShine and DistantObjectEnhancement
  • Compatible with OPM
  • Compatible with KSP-AVC
  • Compatible with Kopernicus Expansion

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Screenshots

Credits

-Sarbian for ModuleManager

-BryceSchroeder for Kopernicus

-Padishar for updating Kopernicus to 0.90

-Kcreator for KittopiaTech

-MOARdV for Distant Object Enhancement

-Valerian for PlanetShine

-Gravitasi for updating Kopernicus/Kittopia

-Cybutek for KSP-AVC

-CaptRobau & Eudae55 for Outer Planets Mod

-Remote Technologies Group for RemoteTech

-rbray89 for Environmental Visual Enhancements

-proot for KSPRC

-Astronomer for AVP

-Eleusis La Arwall for making the cloud packs for my mod

-FreeThinker for feedback on the RT Expansion

-Thesonicgalaxy/Erona for Better Atmospheres

-Van Disaster for giving me texture editing tips

-The Deep Space Kraken for his pixel art that I included in the flags

-Thomas P. for the new Kopernicus

-KillAshley for his help with planet editing

-MrHappyFace for Kopernicus Expansion

Special thanks to CaptRobau for being patient with me, always bothering him with my ideas.

Without him probably I would have never started a thread on this forum.

Other special thanks to Eleusis La Arwall for taking the time to write configs for the clouds of this mod, If I had to do it by myself the clouds wouldn't have been out for quite a long while. Also he gave back to Urlum its rotation, which is something I didn't know for sure was possible.

Other special thanks to Thomas P. and NathanKell for the support in my issues with planets tweaking and creation.

License

88x31.png

BTW, OuterSpaceComms Dishes have now a new texture!

[TABLE=width: 250]

[TR]

[TD]453vFEf.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Edited by Sigma88

Except for Sigma binary + Duna & Ike, the CKAN entries still haven't updated.

Also, why does SME claim conflicts with SOPME and SRTE?

Considering you've got a Kerbalcolored OPM mod, and a Solcolored inner systems mod, it seems strange that you merged the former with the sideways Urlum and Binary Pluron. It would make more sense to have all 4 seperate, so you could have a solcolored and sol-oriented system as well as the current options.

Edited by Prezombie

Except for Sigma binary + Duna & Ike, the CKAN entries still haven't updated.

Also, why does SME claim conflicts with SOPME and SRTE?

Considering you've got a Kerbalcolored OPM mod, and a Solcolored inner systems mod, it seems strange that you merged the former with the sideways Urlum and Binary Pluron. It would make more sense to have all 4 seperate, so you could have a solcolored and sol-oriented system as well as the current options.

I recently overhauled the thread.

This project started like a collection of mini-mods, downloadable in a bundle or each on their own.

Since I've now moved everything around the CKAN people didn't have the time to bring everything up to speed yet :)

once they will be done, you will be able to chose which mod you want

• 1 month later...

7 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

How did you give Urlum a Uranus-like tilt? I really want to make other tilted planets, but my tried ended up with results that were very unsatisfactory.

do you mean the texture?

25 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

If that's how you did it, than yes. Also, congrats on SigmaDimensions!

Yeah, if you take a look at the urlum tilt textures you can get a feel at how they are supposed to look :)

And thanks ;)

7 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

Yeah, if you take a look at the urlum tilt textures you can get a feel at how they are supposed to look :)

And thanks ;)

I don't know how the texture looks because there's nothing on my computer that can read .dds files;.;

26 minutes ago, ProtoJeb21 said:

I don't know how the texture looks because there's nothing on my computer that can read .dds files;.;

you can just convert them to png using any online converter, just google "dds to png" ;)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
11 minutes ago, Benji13 said:

Would it be possible to edit the OPM tilt mod so that the planet is not quite 90*? In a config? Also, where are the downloads? 

no it's not possible, KSP doesn't really support axial tilt, the only thing I could do was stop the planet from rotating and rotate everything 90°

if you click on the image you will be redirected to each mod's thread

(links might be broken, because the new forum is a mess, I'll check them out and fix them in case)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.