[Mod Collection] Sigma Mod Expansions

Sigma88

Is Pluron in your Pluron-Khato planet pack the same as Plock in Outer Planets Mod?

hehe, this is a tricky question.

Technically no. Pluron-Khato are intended as an alternative to the current Plock which is just a resized version of Vall.

If you install Pluron-Khato you will notice that Plock is no longer there.

This is just a temporary feature, when OPM will release an upgraded version of plock I will move Pluron-Khato into a different orbit in order to make it an addition to OPM rather than an alternative to Plock.

Also, from the next release it will support my new mod (SigmaBinary) allowing users to choose between barycenter and no-barycenter for Pluron-Khato.

There's a limitation in how ksp handles axial tilt (it doesn't) and orbital inclination (poorly)

Urlum moons rotate around the planet in an orbit inclined 90 degrees compared to the ecliptic

But the moons' equators are sill aligned with the ecliptic. This is why I had to make a new version of wal with the ridge in another position and why I had to rename priax's biomes.

All the biomes are there, just the names are changed to make them more consistent with priax's orientation.

Unless there's some kind of bug in my cfgs and the biomes are actually messed up, in that case let me know so I can fix them! :D

Edited by Sigma88

the tilt feature is probably the least good in term of results. I still release it because I really like the idea, but it has many limitation.

The major problem is that the planet will always rotate around a vertical axis, relative to the coordinates that are built in ksp.

So basically my tilted urlum has just the "skin" of a tilted planet, but I had to remove the rotation in order to not ruin the effect.

If you want to get axial tilt for kerbin I think the best solution is the one NathanKell came up for RSS

what he has done is put kerbin on a 23° inclined orbit, and then inclined all the other planets to make them adjust relative to that.

I wiped up myself a nice .cfg for RSS that maintains the stock system but adds that 23 inclination to all the planets (and lines up the LAN somewhat, so there is still a little variety). I had been hoping that this was something better then that.

Shouldn't have any problems.

Anyway I'm working on 0.7 right now, and I should be able to release it today

;)

For those that don't like Pluron-Khato being a binary system I'm going to release a normal version also.

Sigma Mod Expansion v0.7

[TABLE=width: 950]

[TR]

[TD]OPM Expansion v0.7

• Updated Textures to dds
  • Pluron Khato barycenter is now optional

(install SigmaBinary if you want it)

[/TD]

[TD]RemoteTech Expansion v0.4.5

• Removed the model files from the archive
  • Edited the configs to load the models from the stock folder

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Downloads

[TABLE=width: 900]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=width: 200]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Full Download[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center][TABLE=width: 190, align: center]

[TR]

[TD]

[TABLE=width: 95]

[TR]

[TD]K3xgdNd.png

@KERBALSTUFF[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD]

[TABLE=width: 95]

[TR]

[TD]NB9oxV5.png

@CURSE

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD][TABLE=width: 185]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Mod Expansions[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center][TABLE=width: 180, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]nRu896P.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]QDGasot.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[TD][TABLE=width: 400]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]Single Feature Downloads[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD][TABLE=width: 380, align: center]

[TR]

[TD=align: right]6GpQ8ZZ.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center]h9Jy0Z7.png[/TD]

[TD]zRk03fU.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[TABLE=width: 380, align: left]

[TR]

[TD=align: center]VGCpPAW.png[/TD]

[TD=align: center]1EOSm5A.png[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

If you still want Pluron-Khato to be a binary system you just need to install this mod and it will take care of everything for you.

Enjoy :)

Edited by Sigma88

Just wanted to let you know that as of this writing, your pluto/kharon planets are bugged to hell. For one your config is wrong, they are pointing to heightmaps in .png format but they are .dds. After I fixed that, trying to land on the planet got all screwy. Land disappeared when I got close, didn't bother doing any tests to figure out why.

Hmmm I must have bundled the wrong files.

I'll check it asap

Thanks for reporting

edit:

after the fix

I can land fine on pluron and khato, now I want to check if using dds is actually better than png.

the dds is almost double in size, but I don't know if the png gets decompressed by ksp and ends up taking the same memory

Edited by Sigma88

Not really for now, I'm working on other projects which are very early in development. PluronKhato has already developed more than I originally planned, since it was just intended as a filler untill OPM's plock was released.

Now it has a custom model and I have received good feedback about it, so much that when OPM will release the updated Plock I will move Pluron-Khato and make it a separate mod. Maybe at that point I could play around with the idea of adding some moon into the mix.

Nice job on the Urlum tilt, it's something I'd like to see in the mainline OPM. It seems to work fine in the New Horizons setting too. The Wal model is a bit glitched but I'm not sure what you could do. Maybe put Wal's orbit on a slightly different inclination and align the ridge so it misses the poles?

Nice job on the Urlum tilt, it's something I'd like to see in the mainline OPM. It seems to work fine in the New Horizons setting too. The Wal model is a bit glitched but I'm not sure what you could do. Maybe put Wal's orbit on a slightly different inclination and align the ridge so it misses the poles?

heh, the urlum tilt is pretty gimmicky :) it was a challenge I wanted to solve and I think this is the best result that ksp allows.

The idea of moving the ridge on wal is pretty good, I'm not sure my editing skills are good enough to tackle it tho.

I'd also need to check with some astronomy nut if a ridge could form not on the equator if the subsatellite (Tal in this case) had a more inclined orbit

I'm happy you like the idea :)

A new expansion is in the works.

It'll be called Stock Recolor and It will feature two packs:

Eve Recolor and Jool Recolor

Jool Recolor is intended for those people that want all the gas giants to look like their IRL counterparts (like those from OPM)

Eve Recolor is intended for those people that want all the rocky planets to look like their IRL counterparts (like all Stock planets exept EVE)

You will be able to choose which one you want, personally I'd go with Stock + EveRecolor + OPM + OPM Recolor

(I like the gas giants to have weird colors)

If anyone is interested just let me know

here's a sneak peak

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Sigma88

Clouds Configs are Up-To-Date now!

thanks to Eleusis La Arwall's work you can now add clouds to OPM

these clouds are automatically compatible with my expansions and will change color/tilt only when you install the related Sigma OPM Expansion

For more info read

Sigma88 has joined the project and made a ModuleManager config that allows us to combine all configs into one download. The config can determine which CloudMod you have installed and apply only the corresponding configs. If you have any of Sigmas Mod Expansions installed, the config will adjust the color, rotation and auroras to match it.

Download:

MEGA: OPMclouds-0-6.zip

TinyUpload: OPMclouds-0-6.zip

Installation:

Open the zip-file and copy the 'GameData' folder into the KSP directory.

Dependency:

Outer Planets Mod

ModuleManager

Supported are the following CloudMods: EVE-7-4, KSPRC, AVP-EoO and AVP-Int. (If you use AVP-Int, make sure to install 'clouds for Eve & Jool').

The config file of each CloudMod is used for the determination. Don't make changes to these files or rename them unless you know what you are doing.

The clouds have not changed much since the last update (new pictures will follow). The Glow on the GasGiants no longer reaches out that far. Rotation speeds have changed a little. The configs are now stored in 'GameData/OPMclouds'.

A very small (4x2 pixel) texture called 'alpha1.png' has been added. It's used only with EVE since there is no comparable texture available by default.

An optional OPM-EVE-MoonGlow.cfg has been added. At the moment it only gives a glow to the moons added by OPM (except Ovok and Plock). If there is interest in a config for the stock bodys, leave a comment.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.