What's your mode?

MrWalrus123

What mode(s) do you mostly play?  

264 members have voted

1. 1. What mode(s) do you mostly play?

And where's 'I don't play, just sit on forums?' option. :)

I mostly play career on moderate, though with 'if it crashes, it crashes' rule. Saves only as backup in case of glitches.

Also, tried Mk3 spaceplanes, failed miserably and now mostly do the lacking option, waiting for 1.0.

You've got typo in world 'career' btw.

Career with science funding and mostly ignoring contracts because they're annoying. (Except potentially as a way to defray the cost of a thing I'd like to do for fun but can't justify for science.)

Career. In sandbox I just get bored because I don't feel the progression in it, since there is none. I like having a goal to work towards like unlock the tech tree and land on every planet with the restrictions of funds and reputation and also doing SCIENCE!

Career. In sandbox I just get bored because I don't feel the progression in it, since there is none. I like having a goal to work towards like unlock the tech tree and land on every planet with the restrictions of funds and reputation and also doing SCIENCE!

I try to colonize various planets, put up stations, and establish satellite networks. It actually gives me quite a bit to do.

Edit: My progression is whenever I sufficiently colonize a sphere of influence.

I voted sandbox + science. Last few saves that I put much time into were science with the tree unlocked from the start, which is essentially sandbox except the science equipment works.

I try a career when I get each new version, but generally don't stick to it.

Sandbox with self-enforced construction times and gradual tech progression.

Why not have them enforced by other means ;)

Personally, I usually play career. I should play with some sort of periodic funding system since I don't do many contracts, but usually I'm just very selective about which ones I choose (Finally got enough for tier 3 R&D after completing the Explore Ike contract after 2 years of in-game time). Construction times force me to take contracts that are higher paying but still in line with my goals. I also don't feel like grinding science, so I used the Outsourced Science strategy so I wouldn't have to worry about it. I've still got thousands left over after finishing the tech tree.

I'm usually limited by funds, which limited my tech. As a result, my Eeloo probe has an antenna that can only reach Kerbin when Eeloo is at periapsis and Kerbin's on the same side of the Sun, so I'm working on a kOS script to control the thing when it's out of contact. It has to do the orbital insertion and manage power reserves and scansat scanning. It's coming along nicely!

Career, with some crazy funding through safefile edit. I enjoy the progression in career but just can't be bothered to build cheap rockets.. I love Apollo era space crafts and with 850 parts they don't come cheap.. I am sure I can fly to the Mun with 10% but without joy.. I started doing some of the contracts today.. Some of them are fun.. But most of them terribly tedious.. And all these orbits for contract satellites mess up my clean orbits

Career mode is super fun :sticktongue: Take a look at my signature! I'm recording my progress as I go through the Kerbin system. I've only ever made 1 Dunar landing before, so I want to be sure to share what I can learn with other people along the way.

The bulk of my playing hours have been in career including 23.5 career which would now be classed as science mode but I do mess around in sandbox making planes and doing long duration missions to Jool and Eeloo where I don't have to worry about other contracts timing out or leaving Kerbals sitting around for years during timewarps.

99% (or so) of the time I start the game, it's into a Career save. The other 1% is into a Sandbox save to test something or do a one-off fun mission.

I've started a Science save one time (just to see) and don't expect I will again. I got enough of that mode back when it was career mode. However, I think every new player should start in it.

Ive tried to play career myself. But at the moment i just find it too much of grind.

On most of my playthroughs its either science or Sandbox.

When playing sandbox, ill us Kerbal Construction Time, and life support mods, along with a self imposed budget/timeline/goals

I truly want to like career, but due to the combination of science and money grind and no real incentive for exploration/base building I prefer to stick to self imposed mish-tasks in sandbox.

Squad should really get a tycoon designer on board, it would make this game truly legendary.

I'm surprised to see such an even split between sandbox and career. (Acknowledging the thread is young and it's a small sample.)

I always got the impression that most people were playing career, with only a few oddballs in sandbox. But clearly that's not the case.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.