[1.1.2] Kerbal Inventory System (KIS) 1.2.12

KospY

it appears that when i start up kip it says that the mod is incompatible but when I'm in game i can open my inventory detach attach grab and all but it just tells me that the mod is incompatible when it still works. kip version 1.0.1

it appears that when i start up kip it says that the mod is incompatible but when I'm in game i can open my inventory detach attach grab and all but it just tells me that the mod is incompatible when it still works. kip version 1.0.1

Version 1.0.2 just got released a couple of minutes ago, you probably didn't realize it.

Version 1.0.1 is for .90. The current version is 1.1.1.

Version 1.0.1 is for .90. The current version is 1.1.1.

KIS 1.1.1 is working fine with KSP 1.0. However, you should note that not all items are necessarily accepted by the container (partly because they are too big to fit). Try inserting the E-SD80 screwdriver or any of the other 5 items found in the EVA items tab. If these don't fit then you definitely have a problem.

Dear Developers,

I would have just attempted to read the KIS user guide by clicking on the book as instructed.

Sadly, due in part to my age group, page two is almost unreadable. This is primarily due to the lack of high quality text (it is very blurry), and in blue text. Things improve slightly on the following pages partly due to a slightly larger font (I think) and bold text.

Please consider changing the colour to black to improve the contrast. This small change will greatly improve the clarity of the text. An increase in font size would also be much appreciated.

Thank in advance

Edited by BruceKnowles
Fixed spelling errors

I think he means the KSP Game version is now 1.0.2 :P

They released a patch & a hotfix over the last hour or three lol

yeah, the new version has some quips. it was working yesterday...

The items, such as wrench, explosive, etc., go behind the GUI for the inventor and become a regular unattached floating part.

Edited by schoff123

Found a bug (I think): Kerbals can "carry" multiple items (ie, not in their inventory).

I have a set of items configured as ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker:

MODULE

{

name = ModuleKISItemEvaTweaker

//volumeOverride = 1100

editorItemsCategory = false

carriable = true

equipSlot = jetpack

equipMeshName = jetpack_base01

equipBoneName = bn_jetpack01

equipPos = (-0.5,0.4,-0.1)

equipDir = (90,0,0)

runSpeed = 0.8

usableFromEva = true

shortcutKeyAction = drop

}

Dragging an item into a Kerbal's inventory makes the Kerbal carry it, as expected, however, adding a second one of these items only pops up a warning that the equipment slot is already used, but still adds the item to the Kerbal's inventory.

I'd expect the second item to fail being added, or are there some additional settings I'm missing?

Thanks.

So what's the story with this. Will this mod completely supercede kas eventually? I'm currently using both kas & kis.

AFAICT KIS will be the inventory system, and KAS will be the building system. KIS will be required for KAS, so I do think that KIS will take over the inventory system the storage boxes of KAS used to have.

I've seen the point "storing vessels" on the list for future features in the first posting.

something I'd like to see some day: have a container (a big one) which acts like a hangar. but it should not store the vessel like todays cargo bays, but just as a data inside a box (which needs to be large enough for the vessel). this way, we could have space stations with multiple landing crafts, which don't cause lag. and that would be a great thing for everyone with a computer, which has its problem with more than 300 parts.

Dear Developers,

I would have just attempted to read the KIS user guide by clicking on the book as instructed.

Sadly, due in part to my age group, page two is almost unreadable. This is primarily due to the lack of high quality text (it is very blurry), and in blue text. Things improve slightly on the following pages partly due to a slightly larger font (I think) and bold text.

Please consider changing the colour to black to improve the contrast. This small change will greatly improve the clarity of the text. An increase in font size would also be much appreciated.

Thank in advance

As a stopgap, there's a copy of that same guide distributed with the mod as a PDF; that might be easier for you to read for now.

Dear Developers,

Thank in advance

Blue is normally harder for the human eye to focus. That's why "Blue blocker" sun glasses which are designed to block UV but also take out much of the blue spectrum make things look sharper. When your eyes get old, this is compounded. Any color blindness with blue also adds to the problem.

I've seen the point "storing vessels" on the list for future features in the first posting.

something I'd like to see some day: have a container (a big one) which acts like a hangar. but it should not store the vessel like todays cargo bays, but just as a data inside a box (which needs to be large enough for the vessel). this way, we could have space stations with multiple landing crafts, which don't cause lag. and that would be a great thing for everyone with a computer, which has its problem with more than 300 parts.

So... this? http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/88933 :P

Would love this, smart for stuff like probe deployment.

On the other hand an enginer can build an probe from scratch. I just build one for test, not sure if I could do it in orbit but you could build it on an low gravity body.

Makes me wonder if an probe core who has be stored in an storage container count as an new one? Thinking of an way to exploit the satellite around body X contracts.

@KospY, thanks for tuning temps to Squads preferred values :)

winn75 seems to have forgotten to write in the guide on page 01 that people can tweak parts and drag them to inventory directly from the vessel in the VAB.

It would be awesome if you converted the part textures to .dds for the next release, there's a cool tool for that by m'sieur Lilleman DDS4KSP

Edited by Enceos

AFAICT KIS will be the inventory system, and KAS will be the building system. KIS will be required for KAS, so I do think that KIS will take over the inventory system the storage boxes of KAS used to have.

Right ok that makes sense.

So far, the only reason I wanted to use this mod was to fix the direction of Fuel Ducts which got bugged in VAB and point in the wrong direction.

And this mod, apparently, cannot do anything useful with Struts/Fuel Ducts - not with the ones already installed, nor for new ones from storage.

So far, the only reason I wanted to use this mod was to fix the direction of Fuel Ducts which got bugged in VAB and point in the wrong direction.

And this mod, apparently, cannot do anything useful with Struts/Fuel Ducts - not with the ones already installed, nor for new ones from storage.

KAS still works even if not updated, you can however not use the KAS storage boxes, but the attachment points work.

KIS is more for the enginers to build stuff at least its how I see it.

I've never ever seen a mod that would do this with stock parts outside of VAB. You can use QuantumStruts for struts outside of VAB + KAS pipes.

I'm having the same problem with the struts and fuel lines, I can only attach them to one part but there is no way to attach the other end of the strut to another part.

Other than this everything else seems to be working fine.