[1.3] [Kopernicus] New Horizons v2.0.1 [2JUN17] - It's Back!

KillAshley

hej there , awesomme mod , keep up the good work

i have a question ; is there any way to get overlays for resources are they implemented yet ? can i for example find ore on serran to build rockets there ?

i have the old resource map overlay installed but it wont work and karbonite wont give me the info together with scansat. , or im just failing somewhere also an option ;p

thx for the mod , answers and tips are appreciated

in the current version, no there are no resources.

BUT in the next version (which is almost ready) there will be FULL regolith support by default (kerbonite/karborundum/water/ore/substrate/minerals). So just be patient with me for a few more days until I'm 100% happy with it's state and it'll be ready :wink:

Hello , wanted to take a doubt , someone else has trouble activating clouds this mod new horizons or OPM none of the planets atmosphere has to have min clouds, and have installed all the necessary plugins insclusive Astronomer 's Visual Pack - Interstellar V2 EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements - 7-4

Whenever I enter Mohs soi my craft explodes cause of overheating.

Stock, Far , NEAR , with or without your hot-fix, every time the same result.

Any idea why this is the case ?

once again this is a fault with my configs not having a temperature gradient included, as it breaks the current version of Kopernicus :blush:

I thought i placed a Moh config in the hotfixes, but it appears i didn't. In the next update, which should be in a couple more days, i have gone over all the planets with a magnifying glass to prevent further problems, and have temporarily set all gas giants temperature to 500 by default to prevent overheating until Kopernicus is updated. (I've also reworked and retextured alot of planets!)

You can edit the config to set the temperature to a lower value to stop yourself blowing up in the meantime, if you read this post it will tell you how.

hello Ashley.

i want to try out this mod and im watching this thread and i read some comments about this mod and so far i like it.:P

but i have some questions to ask before i try this mod out.

1.does this mod works with SCANsat mod?and all the news stars got thier own biomes?

2.is every single one of the new moons and planets got their own science informational info?witch leads me to my next question...:D

3.will this mod work with dmagic orbital science?

thank you for this mod,and i will be happy if you reply to me.

good day.

hello Ashley.

i want to try out this mod and im watching this thread and i read some comments about this mod and so far i like it.:P

but i have some questions to ask before i try this mod out.

1.does this mod works with SCANsat mod?and all the news stars got thier own biomes?

2.is every single one of the new moons and planets got their own science informational info?witch leads me to my next question...:D

3.will this mod work with dmagic orbital science?

thank you for this mod,and i will be happy if you reply to me.

good day.

here we go:

1> yes, it is compatible. I've experienced no issues at all testing with SCANsat when i was testing my regolith configs, and yeah all planets/moons/asteroids have their own custom biomes.

2> Currently the sciencedefs for all bodies isnt complete, but I'm working on it slowly (writing is hard as I'm dyslexic). Completed bodies as of next release are: Ernus, Moh, Arin, Astid, Derso, Sonnah, Serran and Vanor. So 8 out of 17 isn't too bad!

3>It should work fine with DMagic, but there wont be the custom sciencedefs for it currently. I haven't tested it, but theres no reason at all that it shouldn't work.

If you're interested in looking at the mod, I'd recommend waiting for the v1.35 release that going to go live probably tomorrow. Alot of planets get retextured, and alot of extra things get added :wink:

If theres any other questions dude, please feel free to ask!

Hey KillAshley, will we have another star for New Horizons?

It's very tempting, i have plans for the future additions, but haven't really thought about stars that much. Like i say to other people, I'm very open to suggestions, so drop me your ideas and I'll definitely consider it.

looking forward to the next version than thx for the reply

and keep up the perfectionism , thats what makes this mod stands out

You're welcome dude, and trust me I won't rest until this mod is PERFECT :D keep posted for the new update, as it'll be a good one. (you should see the changelog, it's HUGE!)

EDIT:

Update is ready so when I finish work I'll upload it, be ready!

Edited by KillAshley

Update 1.35 is now live!

Changelog

• Added asteroid, Aptur, to Sonnah's SOI to sgive slight bump to early game runners.
  • Added ATM Fix
  • Added Texture Replacer Fix
  • Added Vanilla science multiplier that I left out of last release!
  • Added some ScienceDefs (Astid, Derso & Serran)
  • Added initial Regolith support (to be altered based on feedback)
  • Changed cloud layers to run off KSPRC only until I have time to make higher-res textures.
  • Improved Arin's texture
  • Improved Titanus's texture
  • Improved all ring textures
  • Improved surface materials to all planets (apart from Titanus)
  • Improved planetary orbit starting points
  • Fixed science values to compensate for the amount of bodies in the system
  • Fixed scaled/local transition irregularities
  • Fixed scaled/local color variations
  • Fixed High/Low space science boundaries
  • Fixed atmospheric ambient lighting
  • Fixed Ernus's ScienceDefs being under the wrong experiment section
  • Fixed Kerbin's initial rotation to compensate for it's parental orbit
  • Serran Overhaul
    • Removed KittopiaTech Requirement
    • Removed Serran's Ocean (until it's feasible to implement again)
    • Added Serran ScienceDef
    • Fixed Serran's biome map to reflect loss of water.

[*]Tidus Overhaul

• Removed KittopiaTech Requirement
    • Equatorial ocean now have layth's islands in them (not on purpose, will remove in future when kopernicus updates)
    • Increased size from 500km to 580km
    • Fixed color/normal maps
    • Fixed biome maps to include laythe islands until they can be easily removed by Kopernicus.

[*]Oree Overhaul

• Retextured body
    • Improved surface
    • Adjusted biome map to fit new surface

[*]Ete Overhaul

• Retextured body to match new heightmap
    • New surface (no 'lines' on body anymore)
    • Adjusted biome map to fit

Feedback on the new update is much appreciated.

I'm away for the weekend but Monday I will load the save files for the rover on Arin and hopefully if they work post some new pictures.

looking forward to it man, just make sure to backup your save before updating, as I have done ALOT of terrain work. If you have any problems, let me know.

GJ with fixes. When i go back home(monday). Ill play more to look for bugs.;)

Btw anyone have idea that implementing torus planet is possible in ksp engine? (normal planet with 2 ravines, of depth equal to radius of planet and flat bottom(with hole). no atm. to prevent bugs :sticktongue: ). when you go under gas planet surface ship explode.... not sure due to atm. or just becaulse you go under surface :P

Edited by Leouch

GJ with fixes. When i go back home(monday). Ill play more to look for bugs.;)

Btw anyone have idea that implementing torus planet is possible in ksp engine? (normal planet with 2 ravines, of depth equal to radius of planet and flat bottom(with hole). no atm. to prevent bugs :sticktongue: ). when you go under gas planet surface ship explode.... not sure due to atm. or just becaulse you go under surface :P

Sounds good man, the more bugs you find the quicker they can be fixed!

As for the torus, I don't think it's really possible as far as I know, you can really deform the planet, or make it more egg shaped (see OPM), but I'll have a look at what I can do...still want to make something special for that gas planet you suggested!

Sounds good man, the more bugs you find the quicker they can be fixed!

As for the torus, I don't think it's really possible as far as I know, you can really deform the planet, or make it more egg shaped (see OPM), but I'll have a look at what I can do...still want to make something special for that gas planet you suggested!

Do you remember the Boris System? The planet Peabody had huge deep holes you could fly a lander into. I crashed every time but still they were very deep!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70018-The-Boris-System-Planet-Factory-CE-MOD%28-March-28th%29%28Planet-Packs%29%28STiLL-WORKS%21-23-5%29?highlight=Boris+System

Edit; The pits are 15-18km deep

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70018-The-Boris-System-Planet-Factory-CE-MOD%28-March-28th%29%28Planet-Packs%29%28STiLL-WORKS%21-23-5%29/page7?highlight=Boris+System

Edited by Larrt_M

Back in the old days of PFREV, medikohl told me that it was public domain, so Ashley could just scoop them up and convert them.

Back in the old days of PFREV, medikohl told me that it was public domain, so Ashley could just scoop them up and convert them.

This has me excited now....I've got my days off work after tonight, I'll look at them and see. :D

I have both the green and purple versions of Peabody, so if you want the purple texture let me know. I also have the original Fearless.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/70018-The-Boris-System-Planet-Factory-CE-MOD%28-March-28th%29%28Planet-Packs%29%28STiLL-WORKS%21-23-5%29/page3?highlight=Boris+System

Edited by Larrt_M

well it only took 5 mins to successfully port peabody to kopernicus...I think I'll use it for a little future inspiration :wink: I'll keep looking around and see where i end up. I have the itch to create a new planet!

I remembered why i never got into planetFactory packs that much though....they all look so bright and unrealistic. I think a planet's beauty is in it's realism so i guess the packs never clicked with me! Explains why my pack looks the way it does....(apart from one retexture i want to do....)

I'm using it as an idea for a planet. I don't really want to just port it over, I'd rather make my own version. Might use it for the gas anomaly planet that leouch suggested earlier in the thread...use the giant pits as geyser-like funnels...

so many ideas.....so little time.....

Still needs work, but I've stared a new body. Split in half, the exposed core quickly reacts with the sunlight, creating an enormous atmosphere (like around 20atm pressure) that envelopes the broken, deformed world. Might make the atmosphere contain oxygen, so you'll be able to fly through the great canyon, not too sure though, will have to see....

Here is a sneak peek (texture hasn't been done attempted, and body still needs tweaking/smoothing out)

View from down at the core

Still needs work, but I've stared a new body. Split in half, the exposed core quickly reacts with the sunlight, creating an enormous atmosphere (like around 20atm pressure) that envelopes the broken, deformed world. Might make the atmosphere contain oxygen, so you'll be able to fly through the great canyon, not too sure though, will have to see....

Here is a sneak peek (texture hasn't been done attempted, and body still needs tweaking/smoothing out)

View from down at the core

Now that's very, very COOL!!

It was looking a little lonely after i took away all it's planets

haha but seriously apart from fixing the lighting its almost complete....but it does add a load more sciencedefs to write, GAH!

oh and those cliffs....20km high...just sayin! Have you ever successfully entered an atmosphere at 3-4000m/s and landed without the need of a parachute or engines? now you'll experience that joy!

Edited by KillAshley