Favorite Planet/Moon

Owen5595

I like Ike.

Sorry, had to be done :D

Some months ago I embarked on a project to put a small satellite (I called the design "Wayfarer") in orbit around each celestial body so I could instantly fulfill any "Science from space near..." contract for free. Most of these I renamed Mohfarer, Evefarer, Dresfarer, etc. once they reached their destination... but instead of Ikefarer I called that one Eisenhower.

Must be a US thing... but what does Eisenhower have to do with Ike ?

Don't get me wrong I am a huge fan of US history, far more than even my own country... But I just don't get that one. Someone enlighten me ?

Ike is the nickname for Eisenhower

you're wrong. all of you. my favorite planet is Kerbin. without it, from where would you launch your rocket? from the Kraken's den perhaps?

Duna. Extraplanetary Launchpads for the win!

Dunno whether I prefer Duna or Jool though... Jool itself isn't amazing, but its moons are! Especially that I've added a few... I just wish Tylo (and Vall to a point) were actually more interesting to land on, rather than just a challenge. I'm an explorer, not a challenger!

Edited by Random Tank

Can´t tell what is my favourite, i love landing and flying by every one, but i can tell sometimes Moho is a pain in the ass for me. Not to mention leaving Eve is a thing i havent been able to do up today...

Planets and moons are for those who lack inspiration; we must make it our mission to colonize the sun!

Dyson Sphere? I always wondered about how to make that in KSP...

Edit: I calculated it --> if you could manage a 50km Orbit around the sun, you would need 215.076 TRILLION 2x2 Panels to construct a dyson sphere. When using the 8x8 Panels from the B9 mod it would surmount to 13.442 trillion parts. Add to that a boatload of Docking ports and other stuff you would need to construct such a monstrisity... well let's just say KSP is not really laid out to handle that kind of stress :P

Edit: Favourite celestial bodies? Laythe, Duna, Mun.

Edited by ShadowZone

Duna. First place I landed after the Mun. Yep I missed out Minmus when I started.

Tweety

Strangely enough, I ended up putting my first non-Kerbal system satellite around Duna after missing an approach on Minmus and deciding to make the best of a bad situation. It was definitely a learning experience.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.