Official 1.0 MEGA Hype Thread!

kenbobo

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/gigawatt

In particular, click the little speaker to hear the guy say it.

I hate to be pedantic, but you corrected me :D

Buh? What The Frack?

www.thefreedictionary.com/gigawatt

Also, using the IPA system, it's written as:

/ˈdʒɪɡə/

dÊ’ - this is like the "xkz" sound in "car" or "pterodactyl"

ɪ - this is like the hard k at the beginning of knife or kerosene or knee

É¡É™ - this is like the "ackt" sound in "cat" or "marshmellow"

So the correct pronunciation is xkzkackt, which is the very sound that a 75 kilowatt paper shredder ingests your tie. In this case, that's also a "kill-o-watt", since well, that's the last sound you hear. Although you only hear up to about the first 'x' sound, as that's when the industrial shredder ingests YOU..

DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME, KIDS. Closed course, professional tie-wearers, blah blah, disclaimer.

Countdown:

1. An act of counting numerals backwards to zero, especially in the last seconds before the launching of a rocket or a missile.
  2. The final moments before an important event and the procedures carried out during that time.

Metaphor:

1. A figure of speech in which a word or phrase is applied to an object or action to which it is not literally applicable.
  2. A thing regarded as representative of pr symbolic of something else, especially something abstract.

I suppose the two aren't mutually exclusive.

Countdown 1 is already a Metaphor 2 of Countdown 2.

This is kinda dumb people. Is this a special 1.0 thing? please don't tell me you do this every update.

We do-I was here even though I didn't have an account (Stupid age limit) scince .23

Harv did talk about the fairing aero model working out some potential problems here. But that was mostly about possible exploits and nested cargo bays.

Now, I wouldn't think that any aerodynamics model is going to like clipped parts, since we want it as intuitive as possible, and intuitively or realistically you can't have matter inside matter. It really all depends on how Harv chooses to simulate airflow. (That is, if we're just dealing with maths or if the code is taking, essentially, a snapshot of the craft and deciding how the air would flow around it. I'm betting maths.)

Im MAJORLY hoping that clipped wings will still work. If not, every single sci-fi replica will die, since i NEED clipped wings and control surfaces for half of these replicas to work. Yes it isnt realistic, but neither are sci-fi replicas and in general futuristic stuff. Also, its most likely a 50/50 chance. on one hand, it is unrealistic (not that i care), but on the other hand its WAY WAY WAY more hardware intensive to do dynamic modeling of wings. Worst case theyll make them shielded if inside another part, but there will most likely be ways to glitch this so its not visible but game thinks its outside (such as wings inside a open cargo bay, with another cargo bay covering the open side).

Still, im so keeping 0.90 forever as there are just way too many epic builds i have that either rely on the overpowered jets to pull off crazy feats (laythe roundtrip with a single 150 LF fuel tank), or relying on clipping wings inside hulls.

I know theres a large subvset of the community that probably hates me for enjoying overpowered parts and clipping, but if you arent at all interested in replicating real life, then this stuff comes in handy.

Well, that's a pretty big version ID jump that they made.

*wonders if Scott Manley is one of those testing 1.0*

Has he done experimentials testing for previous versions?

Edited by smjjames
Scott, not Steve, lol