Bacon Labs - Stockalike Ariane & More - Dev Thread

_Augustus_

Javascript is disabled. View full album

This is the dev thread. For the release thread click here.

This thread is an archive of old stuff along with a thread for TheShadow1138, Shadowmage, and I to post development-related things. The imgur album above showcases Shadowmage's WIP stuff.

1Y9OMcZ.png

:

v

nUjMK5X.png:

v

NHpMSjG.png

Edited by _Augustus_

I could probably do the Ariane 5, I would just need to know how detailed you want the model.

Here's some pics of a Saturn V model I made as an example of my work.

http://imgur.com/a/fK8Zq

About as detailed as Tantares, I'm trying for a stockalike-ish approach.

Also, might as well do the 6 too if you can.

Another note: For the Ariane 5 you should probably make a fairing/decoupler thingy so that the ATV can be properly mounted inside.

I'll see what I can do. I'm thinking 2.5m for the core stage and 1.25 for the SRBs, but 3.75 and 2.5 should work also, which would you prefer?
3.75 for the body, I scaled down the Ariane 5 diameter and it was closer to that than 2.5.

And 1.875 boosters. When I scaled down the boosters I got about 1.875.

Edited by _Augustus_

I'm also hoping that Beale will express some interest since I can't model or texture for the life of me. Any other modelers/texture-rs who want to help, post something and I'll add you as a contact and PM you.

I'm afraid I can't help much with modelling or texturing, far too many other commitments with my IRL work and research.

Although I do wish you good luck, some of these sound very interesting, I'll be keeping a close eye.

One minor gripe, I'd probably prefer if you used another name, but you've already addressed this in the title.

I'm afraid I can't help much with modelling or texturing, far too many other commitments with my IRL work and research.

Although I do wish you good luck, some of these sound very interesting, I'll be keeping a close eye.

One minor gripe, I'd probably prefer if you used another name, but you've already addressed this in the title.

I'm using this name because:

a. There's already a Tantares+.

b. This mod is designed with Tantares as a semi-dependency.

c. I could possibly share textures with Tantares, at least with my own models.

Edited by _Augustus_

CSTS/ACSTS manned ESA spacecraft. Much like the PPTS, but with more Apollo-Soyuz style design.

You mean this one? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/Euro-CTS-2008.jpg

or this one? http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/spacecraft/manned/soyuz/soyuz_acts_fregat_1.jpg

Or something else?

Either way, they differ minorly from existing Tantares/Capella spacecraft, so you'll need only a couple o' models.

Also Tantares+ has also "Bloething" name, and if you not switching your name I'll made Tantares+++ mod. Yes, that's blackmail.

You mean this one? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/12/Euro-CTS-2008.jpg

or this one? http://www.russianspaceweb.com/images/spacecraft/manned/soyuz/soyuz_acts_fregat_1.jpg

Or something else?

Either way, they differ minorly from existing Tantares/Capella spacecraft, so you'll need only a couple o' models.

It's the first one.

I switched the name, is everyone happy?

Edited by _Augustus_

I switched the name, is everyone happy?

Very nice :)

I don't have a problem with calling it Tantares++ (Although I think it would have been better to have some parts in game before starting a dev-thread), but a prefix, like Bloeting is nice. You've got that now.

Edited by Beale

I think you should already have a few parts out before starting a thread. Plus, like Beale said, I think you need to leave out the Tantares name entirely. It could be confusing for people, and people may come to him with bugs and issues, instead of you.

I think you should already have a few parts out before starting a thread. Plus, like Beale said, I think you need to leave out the Tantares name entirely. It could be confusing for people, and people may come to him with bugs and issues, instead of you.
No. This will be an expansion to Tantares. I'll be home and modelling tomorrow night, Shadow appears to have started working on the Ariane.

I'd like it if people posting comments on my threads would keep them positive-ish.

Edited by _Augustus_

I'd like it if people posting comments on my threads would keep them positive.

Criticism includes both positive and negative comments. If people only posted positive things then problems would never be found or fixed. If you can't take negative criticism modding is not for you(as you've been told many many many many times already). Also curtquarquesso is right you shouldn't start a thread before you've done any work at all on the mod. Also as has been stated you shouldn't use the tantares name in your mod just to bolster your downloads and popularity besides the fact that it will also confuse people.

Edited by raidernick

Criticism includes both positive and negative comments. If people only posted positive things then the problems would never be fixed. If you can't take negative comments modding is not for you(as you've been told many many many many times already). Also curtquarquesso is right you shouldn't start a thread before you've done any work at all on the mod. Also as has been stated you shouldn't use the tantares name in your mod just to bolster your downloads and popularity including the fact that it will also confuse people.
I'm a few hundred miles from my PC. I figured I'd start the thread now.

And as I have stated this is a Tantares expansion, not just a way to use the name. It'll probably use some textures to save RAM.

Also, you have 777 posts :P

Criticism includes both positive and negative comments. If people only posted positive things then problems would never be found or fixed. If you can't take negative criticism modding is not for you(as you've been told many many many many times already). Also curtquarquesso is right you shouldn't start a thread before you've done any work at all on the mod. Also as has been stated you shouldn't use the tantares name in your mod just to bolster your downloads and popularity including the fact that it will also confuse people.
No. This will be an expansion to Tantares. I'll be home and modelling tomorrow night, Shadow appears to have started working on the Ariane.

I'd like it if people posting comments on my threads would keep them positive.

I don't believe that's entirely fair to ask of people. You added your own name, and I think that's the right thing to do. Just take it easy, listen to what people have to say, and more importantly, listen to what Beale has to say, and you'll do fine. I look forward to seeing some of these parts.

Oh yeah. For reference, this is the Morpheus lander:

Preping_Morpheus_Lander.jpg

The prototype version would be able to land a Robonaut on the moon by 2030. I don't see anything about a manned version, but I figure that I should make an adapter to add a pod regardless.

Na, not again _Augustus_. It's nice that you finally want to start modelling, or at least learning it. But isn't this a *way* too ambitious? I mean, you didn't even started to model. My well-meaned advise now would be: Concentrate now first on an easy part like a Fuel Tank, then, when you are a bit more familiar with it, making some more complicated things like an engine, and when you can get those things into KSP without any trouble, then you should be ready to maintain and work on something like this. Now, it's still too early for you.

BTW, an Ariane V and ATV you can find in the German Space Alliance Mod.

Na, not again _Augustus_. It's nice that you finally want to start modelling, or at least learning it. But isn't this a *way* too ambitious? I mean, you didn't even started to model. My well-meaned advise now would be: Concentrate now first on an easy part like a Fuel Tank, then, when you are a bit more familiar with it, making some more complicated things like an engine, and when you can get those things into KSP without any trouble, then you should be ready to maintain and work on something like this. Now, it's still too early for you.

BTW, an Ariane V and ATV you can find in the German Space Alliance Mod.

This is designed to go with Tantares, it has an ATV. I have TheShadow1138 doing ESA parts.

Also, I just woke up after returning from a 12-hour drive home. I'll try to start this week, but I have vacation next week so I won't be home.

Any one interesting HTV?

http://i.imgur.com/usWRgLJ.jpg

(I not good at modeling.This is the best that I can do. And I can't texture it too.:blush:)

We are wanting to see a HTV with the Tantares mod pack, but it isn't going to happen, as it uses to much parts from the ATV that it's not worth the effort to edit the ATV parts to make it possible to make a HTV.

Never the less, it's a good start.