[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

15 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Lens flares will be completely removed from next update (for technical reasons)

Are you serious? Or is this a bad joke?

Please, don't ... it's one of the most liked features for me and the poeple I know!

45 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Lens flares will be completely removed from next update (for technical reasons)

27 minutes ago, Tekener said:

Please, don't ... it's one of the most liked features for me and the poeple I know!

Like, really, the sun flares are like, 80% of why I love this mod so much. Please, at the very least make it a seperate mod. Please, PLEASE KEEP THEM!

:0.0:

3 hours ago, Andem said:

Like, really, the sun flares are like, 80% of why I love this mod so much. Please, at the very least make it a seperate mod. Please, PLEASE KEEP THEM!

:0.0:

3 hours ago, Tekener said:

Just kidding, they're here to stay.

Also,

fXhjP13.jpg

uv2pa3M.jpg

33HzB5r.jpg

f3cO9kX.jpg

Multiple lens flares to go with planetShine and the possibilities it brings :D

2 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Also,

fXhjP13.jpg

uv2pa3M.jpg

33HzB5r.jpg

f3cO9kX.jpg

Putting me out of business!!!!  Those are brilliant! 

6 minutes ago, blackrack said:

I hope this isn't updated for at least 5 days I'll be home late Monday night.  Oh, and did I mention I'm also selfish? :D

37 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Also,

[Sexy, sexy screenshots]

Oh thank god... Those screenies look incredible!

Hey there!

I recently installed scatterer, along with EVE to add clouds and city lights. All in all, I'm really impressed by the visual effects in the atmosphere. However, I cannot seem to get the atmospheric haze to be visible from orbit / map view. Below, I've included a picture of my game from the tracking station, along with an image of what I was after that I found on google. You can see what I mean by atmospheric haze. I'm probably being a bit stupid here - my thoughts were that it was either a different mod or I had to add in the 'haze from orbit' myself - but I've tried and failed to get it to work. Again, apologies if I'm being stupid, but could I have some assistance getting this to work, as it is an effect I would LOVE to have in my game, even if the assistance is just helping me set it up through something. Any and all help is appreciated, thanks so much!

Ryan

36 minutes ago, ryan234abc said:

Hey there!

I recently installed scatterer, along with EVE to add clouds and city lights. All in all, I'm really impressed by the visual effects in the atmosphere. However, I cannot seem to get the atmospheric haze to be visible from orbit / map view. Below, I've included a picture of my game from the tracking station, along with an image of what I was after that I found on google. You can see what I mean by atmospheric haze. I'm probably being a bit stupid here - my thoughts were that it was either a different mod or I had to add in the 'haze from orbit' myself - but I've tried and failed to get it to work. Again, apologies if I'm being stupid, but could I have some assistance getting this to work, as it is an effect I would LOVE to have in my game, even if the assistance is just helping me set it up through something. Any and all help is appreciated, thanks so much!

Ryan

Aha!

So it required a few orbits but it worked eventually, must've just taken a few minutes to render. It looks much better now, thank you. My question does still kind of stand though, as the atmosphere doesn't appear as thick as it does in the first screenshot. I guess I just need a hand tweaking it. Same again, all help is greatly appreciated!

8 hours ago, ryan234abc said:

Aha!

So it required a few orbits but it worked eventually, must've just taken a few minutes to render. It looks much better now, thank you. My question does still kind of stand though, as the atmosphere doesn't appear as thick as it does in the first screenshot. I guess I just need a hand tweaking it. Same again, all help is greatly appreciated!

Scatterer's effects aren't visible in the tracking station, if that's what you mean. Not sure why you would want Kerbin to look like the first image, it's just a featureless blue ball. :P

6 hours ago, mcdouble said:

Scatterer's effects aren't visible in the tracking station, if that's what you mean. Not sure why you would want Kerbin to look like the first image, it's just a featureless blue ball. :P

Tbh, I was just wondering how I could edit the thickness of the atmosphere haze. For Laythe, I wanted thick clouds, very similar to the first image, but enough to make out high altitude mountains. And for Kerbin, I just wanted to increase the thickness of the haze without making it AS thick as the first screenshot, but more of a midpoint between normal scatterer thickness and that first picture. I totally agree that making it just a featureless blue ball would be stupid, but I'd love to make Laythe look a little more mystical, if you get where I'm coming from.

I've got a quick question, How would i go about disabling the STOCK solar "flare"? I've installed scatterer and i love the new flare and sunspikes but the stock flare (bright blobby orangy bit) still persists, and is annoying because the sun does not seem to shrink with distance as a travel to outer planets. Thanks!

On 7/16/2016 at 7:46 PM, ryan234abc said:

Hey there!

Ryan

To make the atmosphere thicker, download the config tool from the OP and multiply the betaR parameters by x1.5 or 2x or whatever you think looks thick enough.

On 7/18/2016 at 4:37 AM, subyng said:

What settings can I tweak to improve performance? Ocean seems to be the main framerate killer. I don't need it to look amazing, anything is better than the stock ocean

Set fouriergridsize to 64 from main menu options

On 7/18/2016 at 4:54 AM, nerf_hurrdurr said:

Just upgraded to the most recent Scatterer. Loving the return of the sunflare for 1.1.3, but now I'm getting this weird atmosphere 'ringing.'

Anyone else running into this or is there an easy settings fix? Happy to provide more info if needed.

windows or linux? dx9, dx11 or opengl?

21 hours ago, secretly_asian said:

I've got a quick question, How would i go about disabling the STOCK solar "flare"? I've installed scatterer and i love the new flare and sunspikes but the stock flare (bright blobby orangy bit) still persists, and is annoying because the sun does not seem to shrink with distance as a travel to outer planets. Thanks!

pics?

23 minutes ago, nerf_hurrdurr said:

Option C: Mac OS X & OpenGL.

I can get a log your way this evening if you'd like?

No need for a log, just send me your OpenGL version and GPU.

Btw did this not happen with previous version? If so copy over compiledSkyScaled.shader and compiledSkyLocal.shader from the old version and you're set.

Edited by blackrack

23 hours ago, secretly_asian said:

I assume you are using Kopernicus. I don't know what's causing it but when kopernicus is installed, the custom sun flares are present with the center being the stock sun spikes. Perhaps ask the kopernicus guys how to use just the stock sun. Seems kopernicus makes the sun larger.  I dunno it's not a big deal to me. :) 

Edited by Berlin

5 hours ago, blackrack said:

No need for a log, just send me your OpenGL version and GPU.

Btw did this not happen with previous version? If so copy over compiledSkyScaled.shader and compiledSkyLocal.shader from the old version and you're set.

THANK YOU! I didn't have this issue in the last version and replacing the suggested files seems to have done the trick.

I'd like to help more, but I'll be honest: I'm probably a little out of my depth on some details and my mac rig is a little bit of a Frankenstein. I've replaced the factory graphics card so all of the "What Model Mac is Yours/OpenGL Version" charts won't apply. For the record my graphics card is an ATI Radeon 5770. Embarrassingly enough, I don't really know how to check my openGL version: I can't find the terminal command to display the current version, and system profiler lists my version as "12.1" (wut?). Wish I could be more help, especially if this is an issue others run into! Probably time to face the music and jump ship to PC next computer upgrade.... :blush:

Edited by nerf_hurrdurr
formatting

I've been crashing with the latest version of Scatterer when I try to load a saved game. I have "-force-d3d11" enabled, and using the alternate DirectX 11 option in Scatterer ("loadAlternative_D3D11_OGL_shaders = True").

Any suggestions? :(

I'd rather not switch to DirectX 9 or OpenGL, since they offer far worse performance.

18 hours ago, RangeMachine said:

Any plans to add scatterer to tracking station? :)

Yes, but not a priority feature.

14 hours ago, Zeenobit said:

I've been crashing with the latest version of Scatterer when I try to load a saved game. I have "-force-d3d11" enabled, and using the alternate DirectX 11 option in Scatterer ("loadAlternative_D3D11_OGL_shaders = True").

Any suggestions? :(

I'd rather not switch to DirectX 9 or OpenGL, since they offer far worse performance.

What happens when you uncheck the load alternate dx11 option? Did this not happen with last version? Do you get the artifacts with previous version?