[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

does kerbin normally look like this from low orbit in OpenGL? (all the lines on the planet are pretty distracting)

http://i.imgur.com/f5gqKL1.png

Hello I have the same problem and I am running dx11. Looks like scatterer likes dx9 only.

At first I was thinking that it is caused by WIP EVE but after some testing this is from scatterer.

I am really looking forward to unity 5 and ksp 1.1 , as I have hope those bugs with dx11 will be out.

does kerbin normally look like this from low orbit in OpenGL? (all the lines on the planet are pretty distracting)

http://i.imgur.com/f5gqKL1.png

It's not EVE: using DX11 & old-EVE for clouds & that cuts it down. Might just need the shader tweaked for DX11.

https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5683/21991588690_b51a112d3d_z.jpg

Well I think I might know what causes this, since it only appears in dx11 and OpenGL I'm pretty sure It's my quick moire patterns fix. Though I never notice this effect on my install but we might just have different settings, just to check, did you change the default value of the depth setting?

Increasing postprocessing depth seems to make the problem less noticeable. there is also no noticeable glitches once I get above 200 km or so

Probably the 160km point to be exact. That's where psotprocessing isn't used anymore as the PQS disappears.

Edited by blackrack

Well I think I might know what causes this, since it only appears in dx11 and OpenGL I'm pretty sure It's my quick moire patterns fix. Though I never notice this effect on my install but we might just have different settings, just to check, did you change the default value of the depth setting?

Pretty sure I haven't: here's the settings file to check. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pugqot2jrt5v3xj/Settings.txt?dl=0

Pretty sure I haven't: here's the settings file to check. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pugqot2jrt5v3xj/Settings.txt?dl=0

Yeah it looks like you didn't. Anyway, I'll look into it, I used a rather naive "fix" to get rid of the moire patterns. I'll also work on the transition, I admit I haven't really done much work on it so everything between 50km-160km look weird when the PQS starts blending into the scaled space meshes.

Hey guys, not my intention to be captain obvious, but.....

If you run windows 10. KSP tries to run in DX12 now (if your video card supports it) just add " -dx9" to the end of your shortcut target field and boom the everything runs smooth and crystal clear.

Yeah it looks like you didn't. Anyway, I'll look into it, I used a rather naive "fix" to get rid of the moire patterns. I'll also work on the transition, I admit I haven't really done much work on it so everything between 50km-160km look weird when the PQS starts blending into the scaled space meshes.

Thanks blackrack taht you will look a bit at it :)

Btw what about that water thing I saw a few pages back in this thread ? Are you planning to release it or ?

Hey guys, not my intention to be captain obvious, but.....

If you run windows 10. KSP tries to run in DX12 now (if your video card supports it) just add " -dx9" to the end of your shortcut target field and boom the everything runs smooth and crystal clear.

You sure about that? Unity 4 doesn't have support for DX12 so it'd be hard to believe the game would try to use it when it doesn't even know it exists.

You sure about that? Unity 4 doesn't have support for DX12 so it'd be hard to believe the game would try to use it when it doesn't even know it exists.

I'm pretty sure. If you force DirectX 11 you don't suffer a major drop in FPS nor do you see the patterns on kerbin. But with my windows 10 install no OpenGL or DX11 forced in the target field. I get crazy ba FPS as well as the patterns on Kerbin. But by placing " -dx9" in the target field it runs super smooth and the patterns are gone. I can totally agree I may be wrong. But I'm pretty sure that's what's going on.

I'm pretty sure. If you force DirectX 11 you don't suffer a major drop in FPS nor do you see the patterns on kerbin. But with my windows 10 install no OpenGL or DX11 forced in the target field. I get crazy ba FPS as well as the patterns on Kerbin. But by placing " -dx9" in the target field it runs super smooth and the patterns are gone. I can totally agree I may be wrong. But I'm pretty sure that's what's going on.

Meh, heck if I know. Not like it hurts anything by adding it :P

The flags used to be "-force-d3d11" / "-force-opengl" / and I'd guess "-force-d3d9", have they changed? well I know "-force-d3d11" works because I use it. There's also "-force-d3d10", but I can't think of any reason why you'd want to...

Edited by Van Disaster