[WIP][1.9.x-1.12.x] Scatterer-atmospheric scattering (0.0838 - 14/08/2022) Scattering improvements, in-game atmo generation and multi-sun support

blackrack

Eh, it's not too bad I guess but it's nothing amazing.

Before:

http://i.imgur.com/XicDohd.jpg

After:

http://i.imgur.com/NhOgejl.jpg

Before:

http://i.imgur.com/0qjI8FU.jpg

After:

http://i.imgur.com/9JoNLNp.jpg

Seems to remove the banding and make the colors generally easier on the eyes but that's pretty much it. Back to scatterer I guess.

If anyone wants to try it: http://www.filedropper.com/skytonemapping

Source is included inside, license is do whatever you want.

Is the download broken? I think I am using the correct download ( Trying to avoid the spam/virus stuff). Nothing happens though. May have picked the wrong one :sealed:.

Just a btw, Skytone mapper seems to full the debug menu with a NULLREF whenever it's in a scene that it isn't being rendered. It's giving an error which sounds like it's trying to pair an effect with an object that doesn't exist. Happens during main loading and Editors.

Also most likely unrelated, there is another NULLREF which you might know something about. It isn't related to Skytone mapper but it has the same error code. It's with something code related called "clouds.clouds.update". Do you know what this pertains to? I'm not sure if you would know or not though :rolleyes:

Edited by Avera9eJoe

I'm seeing some issues with Scatterer with the 64K rescale:

http://imgur.com/a/m9s5Q

The atmosphere is really bright and really opaque - especially in staging view! I created a scale-accurate setting with the config tool, but it didn't help.

Messing with the nodes in Settings.txt works. Mostly. Still, I can't find a configuration I'm satisfied with. Does anyone have any tips about settings in 64k?

Also, the third image shows a weird green line that appears around the horizon when it is occluded by terrain. Not sure what causes that.

Just a btw, Skytone mapper seems to full the debug menu with a NULLREF whenever it's in a scene that it isn't being rendered. It's giving an error which sounds like it's trying to pair an effect with an object that doesn't exist. Happens during main loading and Editors.

Also most likely unrelated, there is another NULLREF which you might know something about. It isn't related to Skytone mapper but it has the same error code. It's with something code related called "clouds.clouds.update". Do you know what this pertains to? I'm not sure if you would know or not though :rolleyes:

I'll probably make a separate thread for that mod if I'm gonna maintain it, I doubt many people have an interest in it though.

I'll probably make a separate thread for that mod if I'm gonna maintain it, I doubt many people have an interest in it though.

Personally I would be interested. It is much better than stock if IMO and not everyone, even with opengl, can run scatterer when they have a heavily modded ksp install.

Atleast in my case, I had to choose between partmods & gameplay depth vs beautification :(

So I am really glad you released the Skytone mapper!

Personally I would be interested. It is much better than stock if IMO and not everyone, even with opengl, can run scatterer when they have a heavily modded ksp install.

Atleast in my case, I had to choose between partmods & gameplay depth vs beautification :(

Or you can have it all ;) - No this isn't for everyone. But when you want enough mods to choke a mule. This works great.

64bit Hack http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/...ity-workaround

Ok, I guess I could make a thread for it. Expect a FAQ with a dozen entries saying "No, this is not scatterer"

A check for (HighLogic.LoadedScene == GameScenes.FLIGHT || HighLogic.LoadedScene == GameScenes.SPACECENTER) would probably eliminate those.

A check for (HighLogic.LoadedScene == GameScenes.FLIGHT || HighLogic.LoadedScene == GameScenes.SPACECENTER) would probably eliminate those.

Actually yes, this would totally fix it.

Quick question- has scatterer gotten updated so the planet isn't a gaint purple blob while in space? That there isn't two layers on Kerbin so when I pan the camera in map mode that there isn't a nauseating blob lagging behind the planet?

Maybe read the changelog? But yes.

Actually yes, this would totally fix it.

Maybe read the changelog? But yes.

I happened to be in this section of the forum so I just made this post :( please don't be so harsh. I actually really like your mod!!! I always have, I was one of the first to DL it and I have loved it since I found it, I just knew it needed time to work out the bugs, every mod does.

I happened to be in this section of the forum so I just made this post :( please don't be so harsh. I actually really like your mod!!! I always have, I was one of the first to DL it and I have loved it since I found it, I just knew it needed time to work out the bugs, every mod does.

He deals with the same crap everyday. If you really like the mod and the author do HIM a favor and read the thread or at least the last 5 pages and the OP. Otherwise you are saying to him that your time is mre important than his. If you don't see that then IDK what to tell you :). If that's harsh then toughen up as there is a saying about excuses. You aren't the only one just the latest in a series of people asking for info to be handed to them when they could spend 10-15 minutes and find it themselves

Hey Blackrack was just wondering it would be possible to do a few things:

Have control over the PQS haze parameters in ScaledSpace such as depth?

Also do you have any plans to make the tint effect fade in closer to the horizon, at the moment the correct haze amount for land bodies makes the poles totally tan/orange. I was thinking if the tint were to increase as it gets closer to the horizon it might help here. On google earth (with the experimental photorealistic atmosphere setting on) the ground tint appears to do this and it looks pretty cool. Might be thinking about two totally different things here though :P

Cheers

Hey Blackrack was just wondering it would be possible to do a few things:

Have control over the PQS haze parameters in ScaledSpace such as depth?

Also do you have any plans to make the tint effect fade in closer to the horizon, at the moment the correct haze amount for land bodies makes the poles totally tan/orange. I was thinking if the tint were to increase as it gets closer to the horizon it might help here. On google earth (with the experimental photorealistic atmosphere setting on) the ground tint appears to do this and it looks pretty cool. Might be thinking about two totally different things here though :P

Cheers

Well, the depth only works with the post processing, which only affects the PQS so I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean a setting similar to depth but for the scaledSpace shader?

I still plan to touch up the tint shader so I'll see what I can do. It may be a while before I release anything new though as I'm really busy right now.

Edited by blackrack

Hello :)

Kerbalstuff is down at this hour (504 Gateway Time-out), it makes me think you do not have another link to download scatterer....

Any solution ?

Wait for KS to come back up, it's likely related to some planned downtime: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/84154-Kerbal-Stuff-an-open-source-Space-Port-replacement?p=2251584&viewfull=1#post2251584

Edit: Seems to be back up for me now.

Well, the depth only works with the post processing, which only affects the PQS so I'm not sure what you mean here. Do you mean a setting similar to depth but for the scaledSpace shader?

I still plan to touch up the tint shader so I'll see what I can do. It may be a while before I release anything new though as I'm really busy right now.

Yeah, I thought that was probably the case with the depth in SS. If that would be possible it'd be awesome :) BTW is there currently anyway to support multi planet configs or is it just Kerbin/Earth at the mo?

Yeah, I thought that was probably the case with the depth in SS. If that would be possible it'd be awesome :) BTW is there currently anyway to support multi planet configs or is it just Kerbin/Earth at the mo?

I was working on this but didn't release it.

My internship ends soon and I'm going to have loads and loads of free time while I figure out what to do next/obtain a new visa. Basically, expect daily updates in december and lots of the good stuff I've been promising for a while around christmas and in January.

I was working on this but didn't release it.

My internship ends soon and I'm going to have loads and loads of free time while I figure out what to do next/obtain a new visa. Basically, expect daily updates in december and lots of the good stuff I've been promising for a while around christmas and in January.

The best Christmas present ever, thanks Blackrack for all your work on this :D

The best Christmas present ever, thanks Blackrack for all your work on this :D

you ninja'd me XD, then again, im a dutchy! i can add sinterklaas to this aswell :D /basicly dutch santa, but instead of elves he's got people with sooth blackened faces in odd costumes XD

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sinterklaas

good luck for now on the internship blackrack!, and hell, with any luck squad will hurry up and add the unity 5 stuff quickly enough so you have more stuff to work with by then XD

Right, more stuff to work with and more stuff to cause you to pull your hair out from. Looking awesome though. Wish I wasn't on a non-gaming laptop computer, or I'd install this stuff in a heartbeat. As it is, if I tried to compress the process into a heartbeat, I'd be dead.