What Are Things You've Heard That Made You Facepalm?

michaelsteele3

Twitter:

60% of People in this world are dumb, and I am in the other 30%.

I want my first Daughter to be a girl!

Happy 2013 Birthday America!

This amazing world is now 2014 years old. Incredible.

I think Red Iron Crown meant Youtube comments, though I'm not 100% sure.

"You see, Simba, everything the light touches is our home."

"But what about that shadowy place?"

"That is the YouTube comments section. You must never go there."

The fact that they associated Orion with interstellar travel is already facepalm worthy, but saying that going to Mars is an interstellar travel... ugh.

The fact that they think Orion will actually get us to Mars is facepalm worthy. yes i said it

Orion, as in, the spacecraft.

Not the engine.

"Project Orion was a study of a spacecraft..."

The article makes it clear that Orion was used as the name of the type of ships using the propulsion method, not just the propulsion method itself.

"Project Orion was a study of a spacecraft..."

The article makes it clear that Orion was used as the name of the type of ships using the propulsion method, not just the propulsion method itself.

Either way he was referring to the article that said Orion and meant the Mars craft.

Either way he was referring to the article that said Orion and meant the Mars craft.

True. However, there is a reasonable explanation why someone would connect "Orion" and "interstellar spacecraft".

True. However, there is a reasonable explanation why someone would connect "Orion" and "interstellar spacecraft".

He did put an image of the Orion spacecraft in his article, and the article's title had "NASA Orion Spacecraft" written on it.

Edited by windows_x_seven

He did put an image of the Orion spacecraft in his article, and the article's title had "NASA Orion Spacecraft" written on it.

Yes yes. I know.

Edit:

Point being that there was at one time a spacecraft in consideration called Orion, that was a possibility for an interstellar design. The words "interstellar" and "Orion" and "spacecraft" are linked in some manner. Much more closely linked than say "flat" and "earth", for example.

Edited by razark

My wife's coworker was using the printer/copier/fax machine, and my wife was going to use the phone. Coworker says:

"You can't use the phone while I'm doing this"

Wife: "Are you sending a fax?"

CW: "No, making a copy"

Wife: "Then i can use the phone"

CW: "I dunno, I guess...."

My wife had a much-needed good laugh, and kept chuckliing about it all day.

My wife's coworker was using the printer/copier/fax machine, and my wife was going to use the phone. Coworker says:

"You can't use the phone while I'm doing this"

Wife: "Are you sending a fax?"

CW: "No, making a copy"

Wife: "Then i can use the phone"

CW: "I dunno, I guess...."

My wife had a much-needed good laugh, and kept chuckliing about it all day.

Also, the fax machine might be on a separate phone line. Double the facepalm if true.

Holy....

My ears hurt from the shear amount of the F-word that this kid used. Like seriously, he can't be older than 12. His voice cracks when he swears. XD

I can't even. "Zelda is a ripoff of **** minecraft. Wanna know why, you **** ****? What do you do in **** Zelda? You **** swing a **** sword around. JUST LIKE IN **** MINECRAFT. and you go around, and kill **** monsters, and **** explore worlds. And where have I seen this before? Oh yeah, **** MINECRAFT!!!"

He had to take a breather every 2 minutes from all the screaming and swearing.

to mods, all swear words were replaced by ****, with no first letter or correct number of characters, that way it isn't obvious what he said, and anyone who doesn't know swear words won't be able to tell what it is at all.

I actually had a field time watching him scream. It was indeed.. entertaining.

As a piano player and lover of bothe Beethoven and Mozart (mostly Beethoven) this makes me sad.

The worse part is that when I told him that it was Beethoven's 5th Symphony, he said both of them were the same anyways. (I'm not even kidding.)

I mean, how do you mistake an old, deaf and formal composer as a 1790's adult with the hairstyle of a Supreme Court judge?!

I don't think I've ever facepalmed so hard.

Nibirupedia, I lost it.

(A friendly note to mods: By posting this, I don't mean to make fun of religion. I'm just pointing out the really, really stupid way that the conspiracist "proves" his point.) Edited by windows_x_seven