New Stock Mk3 Craft???

Rath

When I was looking at the squadcast I saw this in the craft thumbnails picture:

v27tHXV.png

Does this mean that there is another stock craft coming for 1.0?

If not it means that max does not have a save only for squadcast(And that he was messing around in the spacecraft exchange).:D

When I was looking at the squadcast I saw this in the craft thumbnails picture:

http://i.imgur.com/v27tHXV.png

Does this mean that there is another stock craft coming for 1.0?

If not it means that max does not have a save only for squadcast(And that he was messing around in the spacecraft exchange).:D

Note how it's only 89 parts too... The plane I built of that size was like 200+ parts, 2/3 of them being in the wings... I can't wait!

Think he thought about an larger rapier, larger jet engines would work well enough for me. that is unless the new aero makes us switch to rocket mode much earlier.

Even if new aero made us go rocket mode earlier - I think designs will be easier to make. The issue before is that a splane would spend so much time fighting air resistance to reach orbit height. Hopefully once you're in the stratosphere, air resistance is hardly a thing and the mode switch to rocket will be pretty short and sweet.

Why is everyone so surprised about the size and part count? I had an SSTO that was about 80 parts and a slightly smaller version of Antonov that had about the same part count and size as the new stock craft. Will post pics later as I am on mobile right now.

It doesn't look that big, actually.

EDIT: here it is.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

It has ~90 parts. Couldn't find the SSTO pics but it was MK3 and about the same size if not smaller.

Edited by Veeltch

Why is everyone so surprised about the size and part count? I had an SSTO that was about 80 parts and a slightly smaller version of Antonov that had about the same part count and size as the new stock craft. Will post pics later as I am on mobile right now.

It doesn't look that big, actually.

EDIT: here it is.

http://imgur.com/a/UhRuV

It has ~90 parts. Couldn't find the SSTO pics but it was MK3 and about the same size if not smaller.

How does this SSTO if it has no rocket engines?

Thats so realistic looking craft that I think they just threw all the old parts into a dumpster.

Btw, heres a "about 100 part" SSTO with ample amount of part clipping on the engine side... Stock parts, FAR aero, 36t cargo. Cargo has about 11 parts aswell.

DBDBD34E023FF117EEC50EB689020FE71ADB2062

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.