1.1.2 Magic Smoke Industries Infernal Robotics 2.0.2

sirkut

7 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

do you know where I can get ATHLETE or how to make it using this mod? The parts in 1.1.3 seem strange, I installed it through ckan, it doesn't look like the parts used to make athlete in the pic

Athlete themed parts are from Zodius's Model Rework pack available through a link in his signature.

3 hours ago, V8jester said:

Take your time man. IR has always been worth waiting for.

Thanks for keeping it up and running!

My thoughts exactly. IR is the core of my KSP experience. When i haven't put a sexy contraption to lower my rover to the surface from a lander.. well then its not really a lander :P 

7 hours ago, WildLynx said:

Ain't auto struts is a 1.2.0 feature? I still use 1.1.3 due to mods.

Actualy, autostruts also work in 1.1.3. but only on wheels and hidden from player to toggle it on or off. In 1.2. autostruts become available on all parts and you have option to turn it on/off as needed, but you need to enable advanced tweakables in settings to be able to do that.

So, yes, if you have some wheels close to IR parts it can cause issues sometimes. Workaround is to place some other "heavier" part between weheels and IR parts to avoid that.

3 hours ago, WildLynx said:

what returns us to original question ...

About  free moving docking washer ? Haven't use those for a while, it is a bit obsolete, I was using free moving rotatrons from beta repack in latest few releases.

Free moving rotatrons are similar thing as docking washer, although smaller sized part. Having a good usage in assembling variable geometry craft, for example. Only imagination is limit how those free moving parts can be used. Mostly, free moving parts (pivot joints are another set of free moving parts) are best used in combination with other somehow powered parts (can be powered IR part or engines like in your example).

Can't tell for sure what is going on with those legacy IR parts, it may be bug somewhere or you may do something unpredicted, hard to tell. I can only suggest that you try with new IR part pack.

Edited by kcs123

3 minutes ago, Supergamervictor said:

I have a suggestion: uncontrolled extendatrons and rails. Another feature is having a spring feature where the uncontrolled extendatron will always return to pre-defined position like a suspension spring.

Uncontrolled extendatrons should be possible, but my experiments with springs were a complete failure within current codebase (saving and loading in particular is broken if you have springy part). 

27 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Uncontrolled extendatrons should be possible, but my experiments with springs were a complete failure within current codebase (saving and loading in particular is broken if you have springy part). 

Did you ever see @SpannerMonkey(smce) had a solid axle that utilized a sprung IR "Rotatron" in the center. It worked great in .90

2 minutes ago, V8jester said:

Did you ever see @SpannerMonkey(smce) had a solid axle that utilized a sprung IR "Rotatron" in the center. It worked great in .90

Springy rotatron works (kinda), but springy extendatron - aka piston - does not. Well, it works, but the save/load drift is stupid.

Edited by Ziw

2 minutes ago, Ziw said:

Springy rotatron works (kinda), but springy extendatron - aka piston does not. Well it works, but the save/load drift is stupid.

Yeah I have had issues with drift on some of my more ridiculous contraptions. So I totally get it.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.