Ksp 1.0 is a malicious download? what?

Internet Explorer downloads it fine. To quote my reaction at the time:

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: ...

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: "KSP-win-1-0-0.zip may harm your browsing experience, so Chrome has blocked it"

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: SCREW YOU CHROME

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: I'M GOING BACK TO INTERNET EXPLORER

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: AT LEAST SHE CARES

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: *slams internet*

It's heuristic analysis. Chrome doesn't actually check the file for viruses, it's just told by Google, "hey our servers think this might contain viruses because it was found on X malicious site, and a couple of people complained about it, so flag anything that looks like it"

Internet Explorer downloads it fine. To quote my reaction at the time:
MOC Commander Mi'Tal: ...

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: "KSP-win-1-0-0.zip may harm your browsing experience, so Chrome has blocked it"

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: SCREW YOU CHROME

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: I'M GOING BACK TO INTERNET EXPLORER

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: AT LEAST SHE CARES

MOC Commander Mi'Tal: *slams internet*

of course ksp harms your browsing experience. if you download it and run it, you are less likely browsing on the internet using chrome. therefore your browsing experience is harmed ;)

of course ksp harms your browsing experience. if you download it and run it, you are less likely browsing on the internet using chrome. therefore your browsing experience is harmed ;)

I feel as if the inception horn noise should play here (or whatever that BWWWWOOOOOOMP noise is) so. *INCEPTION HORN* Mind. Blown.

• 3 weeks later...
I had this issue as well, if you can't access the KSP zip in your downloads folder you can go to the download page in chrome and select recover file.

Big thanks for the solution.

Someone didn't pay the Thought Police their backhander by the looks of it.

• 1 month later...

It is not just someones security being too high. I have not changed my settings at all and have never had trouble downloading KSP before on this same computer and this same Chrome install, Now I am trying to Download 1.04 (I currently have 1.02) and Chrome i telling me it is Malicious and blocking where it never did before with the same settings.

This is something recently and deliberately instituted by Google. I wonder why?

IE is the worst browser EVER.... followed closely by CHROME.... you think its good? You read it on the web? Google paid bloggers to endorse it...

for that reason, if they feel the need to lie about, its bad to begin with... I liked it at first, but then the bloat was added... besides, Google uses it to track your surfing history so they can focus more advertsing at you... you visit fishing sites... they show you fishing adverts... that is one of the reasons it gets bloated.

As for the warning you got... yeah, right...

I personally use FireFox... I won't tell you what to use, I've just told you what NOT to use, IE and Chrome.

<...>

Google uses it to track your surfing history so they can focus more advertsing at you... you visit fishing sites... they show you fishing adverts... that is one of the reasons it gets bloated.

<...>

I personally use FireFox... I won't tell you what to use, I've just told you what NOT to use, IE and Chrome.

Not to derail the topic but you've reminded me of two points

1. Google will do that with whatever browser you use unless you go out of your way to block their stuff

2. Firefox will soon start using your browsing history to produce targeted ads on the new tab page (or it might have already started)

I tried to download 1.0, but chrome said that it was a malicious file and blocked it. twice.

is the download really malware in disguise, or is chrome just going a little crazy on me?

From where are you attempting to download this from?

From where are you attempting to download this from?

Chrome ID'd it as malware for me too; download direct from the KSP store. Either it's just Chrome being stupid, or there's a malware-added pirate version floating around somewhere and the real thing is being guilted by association.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.